Example of sioux semi vs Brits

Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Example of sioux semi vs Brits

Post by AraGun »

I tried this 3 times yesterday all went the same only last game was recorded.

Let me know what you think, this is EP sioux vs brit on Mendocino.
Attachments
[EP3-1 SP] NN_1850[BR] vs AraGun_OP[SI] - ESOC Mendocino.age3yrec
(408.26 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
ESOC Mendocino
ESOC Mendocino
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 3.1
Length: 13 minutes
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Re: Example of sioux semi vs Brits

Post by NekoBerk »

OP
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

1. teepees are really cost-effective. i will build them much earlier.
4-5 teepees are enough. so i would chop 425w during transition (TP+market+hunting dog+placer mine), and build 4 teepees and a stable with 400w.

2. you don't always need to age up fast. if you feel you're not to be pressured during aging up, you can age up with 12 bisons. it works extremely well together with teepees: if your vils work outside your base, your teepees are wasted. you can also try a 5v-700w-700g-fast age up bo.

3. as you're playing vs brit, i don't really think it works. brit will have an insane eco if you don't pressure him earlier. i would do 5v-4axe or 4axe-5v bo, with 9 axe early (or 4axe 5bow) you can punish a greedy brit player.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Couprider wrote:1. teepees are really cost-effective. i will build them much earlier.
4-5 teepees are enough. so i would chop 425w during transition (TP+market+hunting dog+placer mine), and build 4 teepees and a stable with 400w.

2. you don't always need to age up fast. if you feel you're not to be pressured during aging up, you can age up with 12 bisons. it works extremely well together with teepees: if your vils work outside your base, your teepees are wasted. you can also try a 5v-700w-700g-fast age up bo.

3. as you're playing vs brit, i don't really think it works. brit will have an insane eco if you don't pressure him earlier. i would do 5v-4axe or 4axe-5v bo, with 9 axe early (or 4axe 5bow) you can punish a greedy brit player.

This is an example of brit vs sioux, vs other civs I might do br instead of axe wakina, Also why should I age up slow? the whole point is to do a 9-10 min timing in age 3 with superior units. If i make more age 2 units or age slow its just bad. Sioux on EP must either do archaic rush or semi ff you cant play colonial like on re.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

AraGun wrote:
Couprider wrote:1. teepees are really cost-effective. i will build them much earlier.

This is an example of brit vs sioux, vs other civs I might do br instead of axe wakina, Also why should I age up slow? the whole point is to do a 9-10 min timing in age 3 with superior units. If i make more age 2 units or age slow its just bad. Sioux on EP must either do archaic rush or semi ff you cant play colonial like on re.

Teppees are overrated only good when you have spare wood, I would much rather get 2 stable 1 warhut 2 tps and unit ups (axe, br upgrades) than waste wood on teppees. Also if I do 5 vil 7w 7g or axe rider somewhere in there it slows down the whole semi by like 1-2 min which is not what I want.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ye sioux should be solid vs brits. vs age2 AR RR wakina, vs age3 BR wakina and a dogsoldier timing

can do a straight ff or a semi ff. with a straight ff i would grab 3 tps probably and up route with 700w + stable warhut market.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

umeu wrote:ye sioux should be solid vs brits. vs age2 AR RR wakina, vs age3 BR wakina and a dogsoldier timing

can do a straight ff or a semi ff. with a straight ff i would grab 3 tps probably and up route with 700w + stable warhut market.

Doing semi against brit you age slowly and risk dieing because too slow, or age up fast and risk dieing because you dont have anything?

Haven't played the mu too much, but feels like brit can just mass age2, make any raiding in a semi impossible, and have a huge mass by the time you hit him
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dunno, thing is if sioux masses there isnt really any age2 army that can beat them.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Teepees are the whole reason why Sioux is among top civs on EP. Just make 4-6 of them before anything else. Then usual stuff: TP, stable and 2nd TP. Market can be skipped, teepees just pay off way faster early on because they also boost your vills on wood when you are building them (unlike market). Also their boosting formula is broken so the cumulative boost is huge.
I didn't see the game but you can just do a very standard 7.50 5 axe semi with 700w like French. You adapt from that depending what you scout. I would even blindly go 4axe 5v 700g (700w) making 5 or more BRs just to control the game w/e the Brit player is doing (except for water maps ofc). Then just go wakina+axe and enough anticav if Brits has a stable.
Image Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

lol how sioux became a top civ from a bottom one
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

tedere12 wrote:lol how sioux became a top civ from a bottom one

teepees
Image Image Image
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Garja wrote:Teepees are the whole reason why Sioux is among top civs on EP. Just make 4-6 of them before anything else. Then usual stuff: TP, stable and 2nd TP. Market can be skipped, teepees just pay off way faster early on because they also boost your vills on wood when you are building them (unlike market). Also their boosting formula is broken so the cumulative boost is huge.
I didn't see the game but you can just do a very standard 7.50 5 axe semi with 700w like French. You adapt from that depending what you scout. I would even blindly go 4axe 5v 700g (700w) making 5 or more BRs just to control the game w/e the Brit player is doing (except for water maps ofc). Then just go wakina+axe and enough anticav if Brits has a stable.

You cant hit 7.50 with 3 card age 2.. you can only hit that timing with 5 vill 700g up.. I tried to explain this before, if you send 700w its just too slow, also my first shipment in age 3 is 1k wood unless being heavily pressured ofc. If you must do 700w and make 3 tps like umeu says than it would be skipping 5 vill and 700w 700g up.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

You can 8.20 with 4axe 5v 700c and making 5 more br. You can defo age 8min with 5v 700w. And making 5br. You can be as fast as 6.30 with 700c 700w and no units. Sending 1000w costs you too much tempo usually tbh. And u dont really need so much anyway
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I meant 5v 700g 700w like French does. You dont even need 700w as Sioux but since you have 2 tps (one more than French/Ger btw) and you spare a colonial card you use that for bhs(s) and market/axe up. Also 2 extra teepees if you didnt drop them. Can always buy wood if you are little short of something.
As I said I would even just always start with 4axe since it is a great card at that point in the game and brits might do something aggressive.
Image Image Image
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

But why send 700w after 700g instead of just wait for 1k wood?
Chile nn1850
Skirmisher
ESO: NN_1850

Post by nn1850 »

ugh...
in this games i play so poorly... miss macro a lot...
and that fight in the middle was just a joke...
u need to test this against a better playstyle´s brit... ;)
Youtube channel: :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/c/NN1850_age3
AOE 3 in spanish - AOE 3 en español
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

This was very convincingly won, even without a firepit! Seems a bit to easy? Guess @nn1850 has a point when he say he played poorly in this game.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

AraGun wrote:But why send 700w after 700g instead of just wait for 1k wood?

I guess tempo is better than value in this MU? :hmm:

United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

macacoalbino wrote:
AraGun wrote:But why send 700w after 700g instead of just wait for 1k wood?

I guess tempo is better than value in this MU? :hmm:

thats most mu's same could be said with ger/fre when you villl shipment 700c 700w, you dont wait for 1k wood becuase it just takes to long to arrive, and then your unit shipment after it is ofc delayed. not worth the 300w. especially as sioux who doesnt even need hosues lel.