India vs Brit

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

India vs Brit

Post by Jaeger »

How is it possible for india to win this MU?

Sepoy rush just can't do any damage besides forcing mm unless you have a really good age time like blackstar did in tournament vs h2o.
Everybody says if Brit doesn't push at 10 minutes or w/e, they loose. But this is one of the multiple games I played and it just seemed hopeless. India eco does NOT go ahead after the second trickle, and longbows are just OP. Brit has a stronger army at every single point in the game, and the only way for them to loose is if they push your agra and you get a good fight with minutemen and stuff like that.

Ignore my early game elephant micro, my late age time, w/e. This didn't affect the outcome of the game.
Attachments
[RE SP] Ovi12[IN] vs Zoi[BR] - ESOC Kamchatka.age3yrec
(398.01 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
ESOC Kamchatka
ESOC Kamchatka
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 16 minutes
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag bhcata
Crossbow

India vs Brit

Post by bhcata »

You didn't scout where his hunts were at all. You didn't send any units to his base until 10:30. You didn't have any fights until 12 mins.

You saw lb's and made gurkha rather than cav and pressuring. You went too late when his mass was too big. Also you should probably win those fights with some better micro - half your gurkhas weren't even shooting in the first fight, you left them where they were and allowed lb to use their range / didn't even shoot the musks.

What are you trying to do? Play a boom game with Brits unpressured for 10 mins, with an Agra, and hope you come out on top? The way you played this you may as well have gone kami.

Sepoy rush may not work in all cases, but the idea is to play smart. You might not win in 5 mins with sepoy rush but the 'softer' things you're missing. If you're 1st lt it's make 12 right click TC hope for the best. But if you scout his hunts, his trees, his building placement, what his vills are gathering in transition, how many houses, you get an idea for his build, his strat, and you can adapt. You can keep him off hunts and play with the map if you want an eco war, and it'll go in your favour. You did nothing to turn this game in your favour at all. You just massed, had 1 big fight at 12 mins, hoped it'd work out well...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

India vs Brit

Post by momuuu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb6VVZy ... XXtav4FNxP
Starting at 26:13 is a India vs British, won by india.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

India vs Brit

Post by Jaeger »

bhcata wrote:You didn''t scout where his hunts were at all. You didn''t send any units to his base until 10:30. You didn''t have any fights until 12 mins.

You saw lb''s and made gurkha rather than cav and pressuring. You went too late when his mass was too big. Also you should probably win those fights with some better micro - half your gurkhas weren''t even shooting in the first fight, you left them where they were and allowed lb to use their range / didn''t even shoot the musks.

What are you trying to do? Play a boom game with Brits unpressured for 10 mins, with an Agra, and hope you come out on top? The way you played this you may as well have gone kami.

Sepoy rush may not work in all cases, but the idea is to play smart. You might not win in 5 mins with sepoy rush but the ''softer'' things you''re missing. If you''re 1st lt it''s make 12 right click TC hope for the best. But if you scout his hunts, his trees, his building placement, what his vills are gathering in transition, how many houses, you get an idea for his build, his strat, and you can adapt. You can keep him off hunts and play with the map if you want an eco war, and it''ll go in your favour. You did nothing to turn this game in your favour at all. You just massed, had 1 big fight at 12 mins, hoped it''d work out well...
How can I keep him off hunts if he always has a better army than you?

Also, how can the standard rush ever work if he doesn''t mess up. If you do the standard slow agra 12 sepoy rush and building agra with one vill, he will have out 5 lb 5 pike and 5 lb in quee. The second he pops minutemen you have to go back. The way blackstar won vs H2o with a rush was because he skipped some vills in age 1, he did a compromise between 10/10 and constant vills.

I know I had bad micro and sometimes macro because I was playing really bad, but I''m just saying to look at the overall game' his army is always superior, so you can never deny his hunts, so he wins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

India vs Brit

Post by momuuu »

Also this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPprJyi ... XXtav4FNxP
at 13:33

If someone can beat H2O twice in this match up, it must be doable I think.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

India vs Brit

Post by aoefan4life »

How is it possible for brits to win this mu?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

India vs Brit

Post by Jaeger »

jerom wrote:Also this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPprJyiVDAw&amp'index=5&'list=PL4DwBHWnAJtRx6ogjfR6aiXXXtav4FNxP

Blackstar did it by idling his tc a LOT in age 1 to make his rush more effective, thats the first time ive seen that.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

India vs Brit

Post by Jaeger »

aoefan4life wrote:How is it possible for brits to win this mu?
On Kamchatka it''s easy, if he rushes his make lb pike and easily hold off rush with no damage done, and just make units and secure your hunts. If he doesn''t rush, just make units and secure your hunts. Just make sure he doesn''t age and you''re golden.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

India vs Brit

Post by macacoalbino »

Ovi, try building the agra with more vills, I've seen someone saying when you do slow agra go with 3 vills to make the ageup a little faster, if you don't place it too far from home it's not a long walk for them.

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

India vs Brit

Post by Jaeger »

method wrote:I love how ur really crap, but when u lose th game its always an unwinnable mu for that civ
lol what''s your eso name

I know I played bad that game that''s why i said to ignore some stuff, but why don''t you post some recs if you''re so good

You also don''t need to be that good to have an indication of weather a BO works or not if you play vs a player of your own level, and I had tried all the BO''s for that matchup that I could think of. After like PR 25 lets say I dont think there are many matchups civs A vs B where on a low level civ A wins, but on a high level civ B wins.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

India vs Brit

Post by zoom »

Well, boo-fucking hoo.

Yeah give Ovi your ESO account information so he can stick it to you!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

India vs Brit

Post by zoom »

jerom wrote:Also this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPprJyiVDAw&amp'index=5&'list=PL4DwBHWnAJtRx6ogjfR6aiXXXtav4FNxP

Hell, if anything ever beats H2O, it must be favored! Even if ten years of experience had previously indicated the opposite...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

India vs Brit

Post by zoom »

bhcata wrote:You didn''t scout where his hunts were at all. You didn''t send any units to his base until 10:30. You didn''t have any fights until 12 mins.

You saw lb''s and made gurkha rather than cav and pressuring. You went too late when his mass was too big. Also you should probably win those fights with some better micro - half your gurkhas weren''t even shooting in the first fight, you left them where they were and allowed lb to use their range / didn''t even shoot the musks.

Sepoy rush may not work in all cases, but the idea is to play smart. You might not win in 5 mins with sepoy rush but the ''softer'' things you''re missing. If you''re 1st lt it''s make 12 right click TC hope for the best. But if you scout his hunts, his trees, his building placement, what his vills are gathering in transition, how many houses, you get an idea for his build, his strat, and you can adapt. You can keep him off hunts and play with the map if you want an eco war, and it''ll go in your favour. You did nothing to turn this game in your favour at all. You just massed, had 1 big fight at 12 mins, hoped it''d work out well...
This kid isn''t bad... What''s your ESO account name??
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

India vs Brit

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

@Ovi, india should win this MU like 70%, I'll try to rec a game vs Brit today.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

India vs Brit

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:@ovi, india should win this MU like 70%, I''ll try to rec a game vs Brit today.
That would be nice
No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

India vs Brit

Post by mamapapaisop »

Sonce i'm only a msg im not sure if this works for pr20+ but i won vs a major with india vs brits. I went for foward agra with 2 vills buildin it, send 5 sepoy and queued a few tp get some early pressure, then 600w , sent 4 sowars and 5 meelee inf (idk the name) and used the melee inf to keep him of hunts while pressureing with the sepoy and sowars.. worked pretty well
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

India vs Brit

Post by zoom »

diarouga wrote:@ovi, india should win this MU like 70%, I''ll try to rec a game vs Brit today.
On a map like this, there is no way this is correct at a relatively high level of play. I think it''s close to fair on such good maps.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

India vs Brit

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:

Hell, if anything ever beats H2O, it must be favored! Even if ten years of experience had previously indicated the opposite...
Im not sure if you realize that I just said its possible to win the match up. Im not saying its favored for India, or for British, Im just saying that, even at the highest level, this match up is winnable for India.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

India vs Brit

Post by r4go »

India owns hard brit, brit has really few change. Whit India you have to play smart vs all the civ, just hurt eco and let you overboom, then the civ whit a good eco becouse really hard to beat, in age 2 u have op fantery, op skirm can and anti-cav
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

India vs Brit

Post by Papist »

r4go wrote:India owns hard brit, brit has really few change. Whit India you have to play smart vs all the civ, just hurt eco and let you overboom, then the civ whit a good eco becouse really hard to beat, in age 2 u have op fantery, op skirm can and anti-cav

Only problem is that Brits Eco is better.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

India vs Brit

Post by zoom »

jerom wrote:
zoom wrote:Hell, if anything ever beats H2O, it must be favored! Even if ten years of experience had previously indicated the opposite...
Im not sure if you realize that I just said its possible to win the match up. Im not saying its favored for India, or for British, Im just saying that, even at the highest level, this match up is winnable for India.
Well most good players agree this match-up favors Indians so thats hardly a surprise.
India _DB_
Howdah

India vs Brit

Post by _DB_ »

This is actually very fair match up like 50-50.

India do not win easily, neither Brits. The lazier guy will lose obviously.

PS: India should win this maybe because they are more versatile civ. If India goes age 3, it doesn't mean Brits lose. I've saw many age 2 brits winning age3 India. Here I would like to apply Diarouga theory that you can still just win in age 2 with brits if you're spamming from 2 rax and 1 stable.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag r4go
Howdah

India vs Brit

Post by r4go »

papist wrote:
r4go wrote:India owns hard brit, brit has really few change. Whit India you have to play smart vs all the civ, just hurt eco and let you overboom, then the civ whit a good eco becouse really hard to beat, in age 2 u have op fantery, op skirm can and anti-cav

Only problem is that Brits Eco is better.
But india has better rush better units..you need to dont waste in stupid rush...prressure...map control and your eco will be better...i think what make a big difference for india is the build and a smart usage of your units in the first Minutes
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers: