wat

wat wat?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Brit v. Japan

Post by momuuu »

Darwin_ wrote:
Jerom wrote:Tbh if japan stabilizes Im pretty sure ashi nagi would be hard to deal with for brits. Few yumi mixed in and you can deal with anything really.

Your probably right, but as a japan player, I can say that it is super hard to stabilize as Japan with enough eco to be competitive with brits. From my experience, even on quicksearch maps, this is easily Japan's hardest matchup, and probably one of the hardest matchups in the game.

That seems way over the top to me. Its hard yes, but not like you should resign at minute 1..
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

how do you lose this mu, you literally send 700w 600w 700g on every map every time in this mu, make 10 pike then add rax with 700w full lb, maybe another 10 pike if your original 10 die, add stable when 700g comes make a batch or two of hussar and Japan just can't deal with it. You end up with better eco the whole map & a way bigger mass. Also why VC it's pointless, you'll already have a way better eco if you just do normal stuff and siege shrines as soon as Japan ages, I main brit and this is by far the easiest mu to play lol.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Dont make more than 5-10 pikes to siege shrines or you are going to have less lbows than yumi. Bot civs go for wood wood gold crates, unless the opponent is doing something funky.
It really depends on age1. Whoever gets a good start is going to be at advantage. In the long run jap wins.
Image Image Image
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:
Jerom wrote:Tbh if japan stabilizes Im pretty sure ashi nagi would be hard to deal with for brits. Few yumi mixed in and you can deal with anything really.

Your probably right, but as a japan player, I can say that it is super hard to stabilize as Japan with enough eco to be competitive with brits. From my experience, even on quicksearch maps, this is easily Japan's hardest matchup, and probably one of the hardest matchups in the game.

That seems way over the top to me. Its hard yes, but not like you should resign at minute 1..

Idk. On EP maps, Brit will always have more eco, more units, faster timings, and almost as good scaling. Japan is just kinda deficient in like every department in this matchup. They can still win it (it is a very hard matchup but not unwinnable at all), it is just very hard.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I am going to go with the same logic Goodspeed uses to state that rushes are bad (or should be, in a balanced environment), and say that Japan should lose way more than they currently are.

You know Japan is effortlessly shrining like crazy and building pillarless wall segments? You are preparing precisely against that, and executing a complicated and micro-intensive build to counter that as good as you can, but you still lose? Yeah... fuck Japan.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gendarme wrote:I am going to go with the same logic Goodspeed uses to state that rushes are bad (or should be, in a balanced environment), and say that Japan should lose way more than they currently are.

You know Japan is effortlessly shrining like crazy and building pillarless wall segments? You are preparing precisely against that, and executing a complicated and micro-intensive build to counter that as good as you can, but you still lose? Yeah... fuck Japan.

Sounds OP when you say it like that. But it's not a balanced environment. Japan's early game is not in accordance with virtually any other civ's early game. They're trash tier in early game, why do people not realize this? You have to be able to take advantage of that in some way or another.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

Gendarme wrote:I am going to go with the same logic Goodspeed uses to state that rushes are bad (or should be, in a balanced environment), and say that Japan should lose way more than they currently are.

that's theory. thinking that with perfect play not rushing is optimal, but in practice being unpredictable or putting on pressure bring their own rewards. isn't carlsen known for playing weird and not always optimal moves in and around the opening just to get opponents out of prep? we're talking about the GOAT, the risi123 of chess, here. and that's in chess, a game which has far fewer intangibles than age of jinete goons 3.

which isn't to say you'll get very far pike rushing pr 45s in brit mirrors (like carlsen wouldn't get very far moving his king on move 2).
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Well spoken masket. Ill remember these famous words next time kingownage sepoy rushes you :p
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

musketjr wrote: (like carlsen wouldn't get very far moving his king on move 2).

ah, the elusive bongcloud opening!
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

deleted_user wrote:

Sounds OP when you say it like that. But it's not a balanced environment. Japan's early game is not in accordance with virtually any other civ's early game. They're trash tier in early game, why do people not realize this? You have to be able to take advantage of that in some way or another.

Japan's early game is not trash tier IMO (club rush anyone?), but the difficultly is that brit's is really good and their follow-up is god tier, as long as they arent being pushed too hard. I think Brit also has a huge compositional advantage as longbow are better than yumi for most of age 2, and huss are tanky enough to be resistant to a 5 or 10 ashi batch.
Korea South jj0823
Musketeer
ESO: jj0823

Post by jj0823 »

Spam his chat with derogatory statements until he resigns. It works most of the time except sometimes I realize all of the negative comments are actually about me so I resign.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Darwin_ wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Japan's early game is not trash tier IMO (club rush anyone?), but the difficultly is that brit's is really good and their follow-up is god tier, as long as they arent being pushed too hard. I think Brit also has a huge compositional advantage as longbow are better than yumi for most of age 2, and huss are tanky enough to be resistant to a 5 or 10 ashi batch.

>no 3 vill
>berrie gathering only

that alone is pretty bad
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

deleted_user wrote:
musketjr wrote: (like carlsen wouldn't get very far moving his king on move 2).

ah, the elusive bongcloud opening!

Known to retire many a man.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Darwin_ wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

What about yumi vs huss :hmm:
Germany 666_X
Skirmisher
ESO: Einhornleiche

Post by 666_X »

Yumi arent the anticav we know and love in II, they get insane in III which assumes Japan safely managed to age and there for won anyway
risi12345 : jerom ist fine
risi12345 : u make sam epiki wuth 700 Wood one barak
Hardcoar : what does the following have in common? 1. tibia best team-player;. 2. noel top seed of anything. 3. this game.
Hardcoar : all are indications of a #stronkera
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I mean with a couple of ashis they do their job :hmm:
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:I mean with a couple of ashis they do their job :hmm:

Nah. Yumi are, IMO, actually a fairly bad unit in early age 2. You need clubs in my experience.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Darwin_ wrote:

Nah. Yumi are, IMO, actually a fairly bad unit in early age 2.

pls tell me this is a joke
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yumi lose to musks... in 1 vs 10 !
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

gh0st wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:

Nah. Yumi are, IMO, actually a fairly bad unit in early age 2.

Nah not at all. Yumi only become good until you get at least yumi attack or disciplined upgrade.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yumi are fine in age 2.......
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Darwin_ wrote:
gh0st wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Nah. Yumi are, IMO, actually a fairly bad unit in early age 2.

Nah not at all. Yumi only become good until you get at least yumi attack or disciplined upgrade.

lmao, they are totally fine if not op, which is the reason japan relies on them in early age2 in most of the MUs.
No offense but m guessing you havnt played japan much and basing your assumptions on theory, coz they really do great even without any upgrades.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

gh0st wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:
gh0st wrote:pls tell me this is a joke

lmao, they are totally fine if not op, which is the reason japan relies on them in early age2 in most of the MUs.
No offense but m guessing you havnt played japan much and basing your assumptions on theory, coz they really do great even without any upgrades.

I main japan lol.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Than how do you think yumi are "A fairly bad unit" lol