Need help vs turtle

Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Need help vs turtle

Post by AraGun »

Been getting a lot of turtle strats in qs recently.. And laming sioux isnt as fun anymore :( What can I do vs port, brit, jap that turtle (make towers,walls tc´s CM card etc)
As sioux has no artillery it is very difficult to beat buildings really.. Massing axe rider and siege dancing takes too long and it doesnt seem very effective?
Anyone got any tips here?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: Need help vs turtle

Post by fei123456 »

No tips when you're playing sioux :)
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

I only play sioux cause ppl play jap otto iro tho ;) All civs viable in qs if not then just play nilla.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

3tc fertilty boom and go br axe and seige dance his shit
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Siege dance without dog soldiers is not that effective. Siege dance is way stronger when you have a mass of dog soldiers and maximum number of dancers on the firepit.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

Everyone says yea just do fertility till 99 vills go imp etc... DOnt forget ur oponent can also have great eco and already walls up to protect himself.. Sioux will be on the defensive for the rest of the game here or dying behind enemy walls.. do you see the problem?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

It takes some time for turtle to be working properly, in the meantime you can boom yourself as it's way faster and doesn't require that many cards. Also you can just try to pressure from the very beginning by the look of his deck (you can try to deny walls with your War Chief etc.).
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

I guess in theory you have to be constantly poking into their town to slow them down while you boom undisturbed...

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Giving Sioux map control is just silly seeing as hunts are their only viable source of food. Just keep map control.
Turtling is pretty ineffective unless you are dutch or japan
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

You can't really take map vs sioux because of their mobile raiding presence. If you do, it's slowly marching up and establishing control points. You don't really have to "turtle" so to speak vs sioux but camp your army on your eco, knowing that even with map sioux eco sux. This is different on EP ofc, and on high tp maps where sioux excel imo.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Trying to go 99 vill boom as sioux vs japs is a probably worse then doing a 3 bears rush lol

If you do this boom, jap will have ~8 times you eco and rek you :p

Imo as sioux you should try a timming push around 10-12mins.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Read it again!
He said fertility boom is the answer vs "turtle, I'm not leaving my base untill I'm age 4 with 3CM TCs and fully transitioned to rice paddies like this is fucking NR55 in Orinoco Japan"

You cant burn all the tc with infinite minutemen and yumis in small chokes by doing a standard timing

Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

macacoalbino wrote:Read it again!
He said fertility boom is the answer vs "turtle, I'm not leaving my base untill I'm age 4 with 3CM TCs and fully transitioned to rice paddies like this is fucking NR55 in Orinoco Japan"

You cant burn all the tc with infinite minutemen and yumis in small chokes by doing a standard timing

Yea but i still think thats the best answer, lets say japan gets cm (or even if he doesnt..), ff, build more tcs etc, a 10 minute timming will enter the base while jap has zero units in base, and lost most of his shrines since he doesrt have army to protect them. (if he has army, he wont be age3 3tcs etc etc by that time)

It isnt ideal because you are all in with no eco and sieging stuff while getting shot.... but i think its the best option for sioux.

The alternative option of going ff > 3tc > fertilly leaves japan open to go full eco fi, and spam infinite batches of industrial 30ashi+30yumi on you... and no BB dog soldier will hold that.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Bear in mind they have to transition to mills and plantations and the minute they step out of base their army gets annihalated, you also have access to tps
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I know a ms who makes bunch of towers with cm as french on gp
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

you will need massive siege attack. So It could B a good idea to include the natives TP in an attack. On great planes, the upgrades for your cav on native TP are pretty awesome. Send the dogsolder BB when you have 199 pop. If you get to age IV, you could also include cards with the native as mercenaries, cost 1000 gold each, and you do not need pop space for them.
In this manner you could have about 200+ units, attacking at once. Your opponent need massive walls to counter that ;)
using 25 villies on the firepit, siege dance, goes without saying I guess.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

lemmings121 wrote:Trying to go 99 vill boom as sioux vs japs is a probably worse then doing a 3 bears rush lol

If you do this boom, jap will have ~8 times you eco and rek you :p

The thing is, not at all :!:
Ashvin wrote:I know a ms who makes bunch of towers with cm as french on gp

ok