india vs japan on re

India saksham
Crossbow
ESO: Saksham

india vs japan on re

Post by saksham »

Any general tips how to win as india i tried sepoy rush it came close but my opponent wa fortress he nearly died but then destroyed me.the rest games i lost very badly. I did try to pressure japan early but in the late game their army destroys mine.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: india vs japan on re

Post by fei123456 »

as india:
pressure him with 5 sepoy 4 sowar early. then 600w 300e, go stable sowar, send 6+6 redcoat, do a timing with sepoy sowar gurkha 12 redcoat 10 tigerclaw.
on poor maps you can also try to go 600w 300e first, kill his shrines to ensure the fully map control.
stagecoach boom is also available on certain maps.
it depends on your aging time too. if you age up late (after 5:00), and feel that you can't really hurt him with 12 sepoy, you can also go direct 600w 300e, and kill shrines.

as japan:
go age 3, spam 100 yumi and win :(
India saksham
Crossbow
ESO: Saksham

Post by saksham »

Couprider wrote:
as japan:
go age 3, spam 100 yumi and win :(

Quite literally as india dosent have that strong cav in age 2
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

imo:

Its hard for japan to hold a LAME FULL ALL IN NO ECO india rush, so its the best india chance to win agasint equally a skilled player.
If india does anything at all that isnt a full rush, japa is favored. (yumi + yumi, backed by yumis)
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

@pecelot I am resisting the urge to tag zhanson please hold me back
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

you should rush japan to force them to stop their boom and maybe ship 1 unit shipment, and then ship 600w/export/trickle (one of those) to boost your eco and siege shrines around the map on the meanwhile. they must be forced to push out at some point, or they will have to age up with shrines being rebuilt on their base (which means they will have a weak economy). Hold the timing push or ageup yourself I guess, gurkhas do well against yumi, unlike most skirms so keep that in mind :P
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:@pecelot I am resisting the urge to tag zhanson please hold me back

The urge is real indeed. @̶Z̶h̶a̶n̶s̶o̶n̶
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

BO: small trickle > 600w > 300e > big trickle > 600c
The trick is to spread your sepoys across the map(so maybe 3-4 ctrl groups, i usually do 3) and keep on killing shrines and trying to save units from poking Ashi/Yumi. I switch to Gurkha after 2/3 batches of Sepoy and if i see Yumi then with 600w which I use to make cons+market, I make a stable and start making Sowars.
The idea is to kill shrines so many places early in the game so Jap player has to decide where to send his units (dw you'll have more in number, but just in early game).
Also I'd do 1st tier market ups in transition.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Ashvin wrote:BO: small trickle > 600w > 300e > big trickle > 600c
The trick is to spread your sepoys across the map(so maybe 3-4 ctrl groups, i usually do 3) and keep on killing shrines and trying to save units from poking Ashi/Yumi. I switch to Gurkha after 2/3 batches of Sepoy and if i see Yumi then with 600w which I use to make cons+market, I make a stable and start making Sowars.
The idea is to kill shrines so many places early in the game so Jap player has to decide where to send his units (dw you'll have more in number, but just in early game).

Might be good, but the problem with this build is you don't force a unit shipment from japan and hence don't disrupt his bo. Jap can easily go 600 4 4 while starting yumi then adding ashi/whatever and rebuild some shrines.
imo the ideal way should be to ship 5 sepoys first and go aggressive with 12 sepoys + 2 fatass elifents, while not overcommitting and trying to pick off the first batch of units that pop out of his rax, kill/idle vills and even deny/siege rax if he's late. This should most likely force japan a unit shipment (or atleast disrupt his bo), after which you can go around sieging shrines while keep massing for a timing(or maybe age or watever).
No Flag greatscythe11
Musketeer
ESO: greatscythe11

Post by greatscythe11 »

Ashvin wrote:BO: small trickle > 600w > 300e > big trickle > 600c

4 age 2 cards is quite a distance to go.Why not this way?Small trickle KM then cons + rax>300e 4 grens(fast sieging and xp)>600w 2 TP(speed) and stable>big trickle>600 c?10 sepoy, 5 gurkha plus 5 sowar as protection?Managing market ups along the way?4v second consul tech?Too many Ashi add 5 gurkha?Too many Nagi add 5 Sepoy? 10 yumi should be manageable?Age up CG, ship urumi then siege elephant (vs walls)or mahout?Just my feeling.Could be wrong.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

gh0st wrote:Might be good, but the problem with this build is you don't force a unit shipment from japan and hence don't disrupt his bo. Jap can easily go 600 4 4 while starting yumi then adding ashi/whatever and rebuild some shrines.
imo the ideal way should be to ship 5 sepoys first and go aggressive with 12 sepoys + 2 fatass elifents, while not overcommitting and trying to pick off the first batch of units that pop out of his rax, kill/idle vills and even deny/siege rax if he's late. This should most likely force japan a unit shipment (or atleast disrupt his bo), after which you can go around sieging shrines while keep massing for a timing(or maybe age or watever).

I believe India always has early advantage in this mu so why not exploit it. I try to contain the player because I know if I keep killing the shrines he can never outmass me. But again this is just lieut level play, don't know what capts do xD
PS: I beat Eagle with this, but he ain't a captain :uglylol:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

greatscythe11 wrote:4 age 2 cards is quite a distance to go.Why not this way?Small trickle KM then cons + rax>300e 4 grens(fast sieging and xp)>600w 2 TP(speed) and stable>big trickle>600 c?10 sepoy, 5 gurkha plus 5 sowar as protection?Managing market ups along the way?4v second consul tech?Too many Ashi add 5 gurkha?Too many Nagi add 5 Sepoy? 10 yumi should be manageable?Age up CG, ship urumi then siege elephant (vs walls)or mahout?Just my feeling.Could be wrong.

Haha I knew someone would say this, but note you get 50 xp when you kill 1 shrine, and early shipments is approx equal to 3 shrines + military you train, so that won't be a problem

EDIT: so making cons with KM wood crates and opening a rax? idk about 4 grens :/ it looks a bit cheeky, for me personally I cant afford to make huge mistakes against jap. Talking about ageup I can never plan it against jap, if i manage to do enough damage I age up otherwise I play age2
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:@pecelot I am resisting the urge to tag zhanson please hold me back

What I'm also tempting to do is link 2 identical threads that were created in the past... :?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8804
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=569
No Flag greatscythe11
Musketeer
ESO: greatscythe11

Post by greatscythe11 »

Ashvin wrote:
greatscythe11 wrote:4 age 2 cards is quite a distance to go.Why not this way?Small trickle KM then cons + rax>300e 4 grens(fast sieging and xp)>600w 2 TP(speed) and stable>big trickle>600 c?10 sepoy, 5 gurkha plus 5 sowar as protection?Managing market ups along the way?4v second consul tech?Too many Ashi add 5 gurkha?Too many Nagi add 5 Sepoy? 10 yumi should be manageable?Age up CG, ship urumi then siege elephant (vs walls)or mahout?Just my feeling.Could be wrong.

Haha I knew someone would say this, but note you get 50 xp when you kill 1 shrine, and early shipments is approx equal to 3 shrines + military you train, so that won't be a problem

Well but at the time the grens come(6 mins) it is hard to train more than 10 sepoys right? That gives you 220 siege for 8 shotting a shrine.While 4 gren and 5 sepoys will give you 110+240=350 siege for 5 shotting a shrine. You'll do more damage quickly and get more xp faster and save 3 shots that you can use on the next shrine.No need to kill the monks too early.It will be xp farm.I have a feeling your eco will be very strong in age 3 if you finish all 4 cards quickly.Also I feel the rate of sieging should be comparable with the rate of shrining otherwise the shrine boom will be hard to stop.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Been doing this build or close to this build for a long time now:

Trickle, market in transition and research all age 1 techs starting with civil servants, ship 5 sepoy for 12 sepoy + 2 ele push, send 2ndtrickle and get imperial bureaucracy and 2nd level food while constantly training sepoys (though you will only get out a batch of 4 or 3 since you're getting the market techs) and keep pressuring. Add consulate asap which should come just in time for your 4th shipment 300export, you can also get 2nd level mine at this point if appropriate. Get vil tech. Usually Japan has stablisised at this point so you can siege shrines for 2 mins while adding a stables and working in a sepoy bait with sowars + gardeners hiding.

The rest comes down to your execution.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

pecelot wrote:

What I'm also tempting to do is link 2 identical threads that were created in the past... :?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8804
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=569

Old threads. From before our eyes were opened and we realised how broken India trully is. :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

India virtually hasn't changed, plus the first linked thread is from November... :hmm: