Longbowmen against stronger musketeers?

No Flag Forjustice
Advanced Player
EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Forjustice

Longbowmen against stronger musketeers?

Post by Forjustice »

Form my point of view, LB is not that good as skim against stronger musket such as Ashi,sepoy.Lb only get 1.25 bone damage to Heary infantry. They need 1.5s to aim their enemy.which mean they can't HR.they won't reset their sight until the arrow hit and kill.in that level,their rof is infinite close to 3.unless you can micro them reset target after every single shot. So lb lose the advantage which can deal high damage.and their HP is low.Musketeer can kill them very fast.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Long now against stronger musketeers?

Post by tedere12 »

Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Forjustice wrote:Form my point of view, LB is not that good as skim against stronger musket such as Ashi,sepoy.Lb only get 1.25 bone damage to Heary infantry. They need 1.5s to aim their enemy.which mean they can't HR.they won't reset their sight until the arrow hit and kill.in that level,their rof is infinite close to 3.unless you can micro them reset target after every single shot. So lb lose the advantage which can deal high damage.and their HP is low.Musketeer can kill them very fast.

Lbows do better than skirms against everything apart from HI. Against musk they need a meat shield. 10 musk or cover mode pikes with 10 lbow beats 20 musk.
No Flag Forjustice
Advanced Player
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by Forjustice »

I mean when the battle pop rise to even more than 80,should British continue train lb?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Imo thats where they shine... Once you have a big ball of lb all you nees is to protect them from getting hit and let them fire

No Flag Forjustice
Advanced Player
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by Forjustice »

So as what I said, if you don't have that kind of micro,I don't think mass ton of lb is a good choice to against HI.
No Flag Forjustice
Advanced Player
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by Forjustice »

That is a mistake. I don't mean shouldn't train any lb, I mean shouldn't mass ton of lb if you don't have that kind of standard micro
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Forjustice wrote:Form my point of view, LB is not that good as skim against stronger musket such as Ashi,sepoy.Lb only get 1.25 bone damage to Heary infantry. They need 1.5s to aim their enemy.which mean they can't HR.they won't reset their sight until the arrow hit and kill.in that level,their rof is infinite close to 3.unless you can micro them reset target after every single shot. So lb lose the advantage which can deal high damage.and their HP is low.Musketeer can kill them very fast.

Lbows do better than skirms against everything apart from HI. Against musk they need a meat shield. 10 musk or cover mode pikes with 10 lbow beats 20 musk.
Hi.
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

As it already has been said, lbow's damage per second is pretty high compared to skirms when they're not moving. Just their HP is very low, so as long as you have something to tank damage for them (musk, huss, whatever) and just let them fire they're good.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

britishmusketeer wrote:

Not even true. I have tested in edit mode, 10lb+10musk lose to 23 musk (same cost). I didn't test with pisk, because there is too much micro involved to be tested alone, but I think it would be bad for lb too.
This is even harder vs sepoy. However, lb are one of the hardest counter to goons.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

bwinner1 wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

Not even true. I have tested in edit mode, 10lb+10musk lose to 23 musk (same cost). I didn't test with pisk, because there is too much micro involved to be tested alone, but I think it would be bad for lb too.
This is even harder vs sepoy. However, lb are one of the hardest counter to goons.
lol. Firstly I never said anything about cost. I said that it would beat 20 musk not 23. Second where did you get 23 from? That would assume lbows are 30% more expensive than musks which is definitely not true. That being said i think they probably would beat 23 musk if you take into account lbow micro + range. As for sepoy they are indeed more cost effective but they still lose to lbow musk and lbow pike per cost.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

britishmusketeer wrote:Lbows do better than skirms against everything apart from HI. Against musk they need a meat shield. 10 musk or cover mode pikes with 10 lbow beats 20 musk.
lol. Firstly I never said anything about cost. I said that it would beat 20 musk not 23. Second where did you get 23 from? That would assume lbows are 30% more expensive than musks which is definitely not true. That being said i think they probably would beat 23 musk if you take into account lbow micro + range. As for sepoy they are indeed more cost effective but they still lose to lbow musk and lbow pike per cost.

I meant 22 musk* sry misswrote
but I have put musk and lb in a good position (10 musk before the 10 lb and the 10 musk died 1st) and the 22 musk still won...
Ok, they win vs 20 musk, but where is the point if that isn't the same cost ? strell also win vs bombard when they are 200 vs 1^^
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Longbowmen against stronger musketeers?

Post by Garja »

Musk+lbows totally beats pure musks, regardless of numbers before musk ups. After musk ups it depends largely on armies size and positioning.
I seriously question your ability to make conclusions when a lbow has like 3x the dps of a musk in a straight up fight.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Garja wrote:Musk+lbows totally beats pure musks, regardless of numbers before musk ups. After musk ups it depends largely on armies size and positioning.
I seriously question your ability to make conclusions when a lbow has like 3x the dps of a musk in a straight up fight.

Apperantly it doesnt, read the posts in this thread.

Longbows are overrated, their stats arent that insane, especially the low hp stat. They indeed dont do well vs HI, but brits have OP musketeers.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Lb do significantly better if you spread them vs hi. So if u have many, stagger mode actually is gud vs hi
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Jerom wrote:
Garja wrote:Musk+lbows totally beats pure musks, regardless of numbers before musk ups. After musk ups it depends largely on armies size and positioning.

They indeed dont do well vs HI

what now? :?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

umeu wrote:Lb do significantly better if you spread them vs hi. So if u have many, stagger mode actually is gud vs hi

Yeah that's true, but anyway I think my experiment showed they aren't especially cost effectiv vs musk, that's why I think we shouldn't use them in Mirror or in every situation were there aren't skirm or goons
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Jerom wrote:

Apperantly it doesnt, read the posts in this thread.

Longbows are overrated, their stats arent that insane, especially the low hp stat. They indeed dont do well vs HI, but brits have OP musketeers.

They totally do, I'd tell him l2scenariotest
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

they can't kite. that's awkward.
if skirm are not allowed to kite they are weak too.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You may not need to kite, bear in mind the additional range :!:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Yea 2 more range saves the day