Is the Saloon/Monastery an anticav building?

India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Re: Is the Saloon/Monastery an anticav building?

Post by rsy »

Kaiserklein wrote:
pecelot wrote:Fusilier is just a musketeer with additional bonus in range vs light cavalry, has very high base damage and regular ranged-heavy-infantry melee attack. Say whatever you want about them, but not that they are bad anti-cav.

Very high base ranged damage? 70 attack for 300g? No. Same in melee mode, 35 attack for 300g? And only *2 vs cav.
They're a trash anti-cav. They're a very good anti goon, though.

Just go in editor mode, and try fusiliers vs cav, then compare to different kind of musketeers, highlanders, etc. You'll see how much they suck. Add to that the fact they only have 300 hp for 300g, so they're going to get sniped so fucking easily. I mean, 300 hp is basically a vet jan hp, but for 3 times more VS...

From what u say, they sound like a really good raiding unit. Imagine a mid game scenario on high plains with a 3 fusils running around everywhere when opponent is spread out. U literally cannot catch and kill that unit since it is fast enough to avoid skirms and does pretty well vs cav (I guess like an ashi on steroids?) So I guess if ur using it in stand and fight situations u r simply using the unit incorrectly
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Goons are still goons, and do okay against everything. A good mass of goons will catch a fusiliers raid. And it's same for huss, because as I said fusiliers are a bad anti cav. So it's not that hard to catch it. It's also a really expensive raid, with 300g for each unit... So you can get pushed meanwhile
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I don't really see anyone mentioning the cost- or pop-efficiency. I just didn't agree with the statement that they're a poor anti-cav option. Ever regarding those factors, they still seem to be good musketeer-type units, which is enough to call them decent vs cavalry.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

My calculator shows fusilier has 42 score cost effectivity meanwhile an age 2 musket has 100...
If you ask me that isnt quiet good. :pop:
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Dsy wrote:My calculator shows fusilier has 42 score cost effectivity meanwhile an age 2 musket has 100...
If you ask me that isnt quiet good. :pop:

Yeah, not all too promising for your calculator indeed.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Jjtuxtron wrote:btw, why mercs aren't used in TR?

Because they're age 3 units, and in treaty you're age 5, so mercs become shitty (they don't have guard/imperial upgrades). Plus they don't benefit from most of the homecity cards

Well idk about per cost, but mercs beat imperial units 1v1. I think they might be used if they didn't cost more pop than normal units
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

pecelot wrote:I don't really see anyone mentioning the cost- or pop-efficiency. I just didn't agree with the statement that they're a poor anti-cav option. Ever regarding those factors, they still seem to be good musketeer-type units, which is enough to call them decent vs cavalry.
Well, did you read Kaiser's post? How do you still find Fusiliers' stats decent? I just a-moved 15 veteran hussars vs 10 Fusiliers in the scenario editor (same cost resourcewise, 15 huss cost more pop than 10 Fusiliers but they also cost :food: which is less expensive than :coin: ) and there are 9 huss left, all almost full hp :hmm: then I a-moved the Fusiliers against the veteran hussars and there were 4 huss left :hmm:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

ovi12 wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Do you mean it never gives br + manchu for example?

I think I've had that before

Yeah same

them i'm just wrong :P

i just dont remember that ever happening to me, but i'm not a great saloon user....
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Fusiliers are situational units, and they can be very good against the right things. They are also good at raiding as they counter everything fast enough to catch them.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

pecelot wrote:What I would experiment more with would be outlaws, as Comancheros or Renegados especially can turn out to be potential game-changers.

i love the german cav-counter build w comancheros in age 2 vs the standard generic 5-10 huss semi FF..i think i saw aiz first doing that dunno..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

P i k i l i c wrote:
pecelot wrote:I don't really see anyone mentioning the cost- or pop-efficiency. I just didn't agree with the statement that they're a poor anti-cav option. Ever regarding those factors, they still seem to be good musketeer-type units, which is enough to call them decent vs cavalry.
Well, did you read Kaiser's post? How do you still find Fusiliers' stats decent? I just a-moved 15 veteran hussars vs 10 Fusiliers in the scenario editor (same cost resourcewise, 15 huss cost more pop than 10 Fusiliers but they also cost :food: which is less expensive than :coin: ) and there are 9 huss left, all almost full hp :hmm: then I a-moved the Fusiliers against the veteran hussars and there were 4 huss left :hmm:

Yes, I read it. I can't really deny the unit is terrible, but one thing it can be good at is combat versus cavalry :idea:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

You can also count hackapells and mamlukes as anti-cav because they are good against other cavalry due to (either) large HP and attack. It should be noted though that because saloon units can be very random you should think up of other strats to deal with cavalry i.e. a manchu shipment as China.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

@pecelot actually, I would say cavalry are units they do the less bad against, I mean imagine highlanders with the same stats but costing 3 times more: I personally wouldn't say "there are good against cav" because imho, cost-effectiveness can't be ignored when you call an unit "good" or "bad"
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:You can also count [...] mamlukes as anti-cav because

I wouldn't say so, they have 40% RR for a reason :!:

@P i k i l i c , I meant that regardless of their overall strength, their main advantage is most likely the anti-cavalry damage. :smile:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

I think some saloon units are good for their cost, like wokou pirate/swordsman. Also the wokou junk and catamarans.
Error 404: Signature not found
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

pecelot wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:You can also count [...] mamlukes as anti-cav because

I wouldn't say so, they have 40% RR for a reason :!:

@P i k i l i c , I meant that regardless of their overall strength, their main advantage is most likely the anti-cavalry damage. :smile:

Hackapells are super-uhlans. Uhlans are good vs other cavalry because they can be massed easily and have a skirmisher principle. :!:

Mams just tank like nothing else. :!:

This is of course not a 1v1 per-unit situation as well. Mercs are meant to be combined with other units. :!:

[EDIT] :!:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Fk all of you, fusilier raids are fun
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

noissance wrote:Renegado rush works amazing vs lieutenants and master sgts

It can consistently beat captains too.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

greatscythe11 wrote:Unfortunately I couldn't load the tables as I had intended so for now I'm making do with attaching the analysis.Basically I tried to analyze whether the Saloon can be considered as an anticav building because of the types of mercenaries that are available. Please feel free to share your opinion.If the math feels cumbersome(the community consists of talented people from non math or non science backgrounds as well), ignore it and just note the percentages.On the other hand if maths is right up your alley, please do me a favor by checking it.Hopefully everyone interested in mercenaries will join.

Maths are ok, but there is no need to use combination here, just use a three. I mean your 1rst calcul for example can be done like that : 1-9*8/(16*15)=0.7 (because for the 1st mercenary you have 9 over 16 good choice and 8 over 15 for the 2nd).

What I find interressant here is that we can also calculate the probability to have one good mercenary at least. I mean : Hackapell, Stradiot, Black Rider, Manchu, Highlander, swiss pikemen and Jaeger. Because the other are age 4 or bad. That make 7, exactly like the number of anticav-merc. So the probability of having one of them is 0.73 too (considering your error with blind monk). I conclude that the kaiser's build is viable :smile:
No Flag greatscythe11
Musketeer
ESO: greatscythe11

Post by greatscythe11 »

Thanks for checking bro.I find the combination thing easier to understand like 36 non anticav pairs over 120 total pairs or 28 useless pairs over 105 total pairs(blind monk excluded). :smile:

EDIT: OK , so , I've checked the mercs in Indo China offline and there are 49 hits out of 64 or 76.6% for the useful mercs as you said. It's very close to 75% or 3 hits out of 4 getting one of the useful mercs(Oh, and there was a BR+Manchu pair as someone mentioned)
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

bwinner1 wrote:
greatscythe11 wrote:Unfortunately I couldn't load the tables as I had intended so for now I'm making do with attaching the analysis.Basically I tried to analyze whether the Saloon can be considered as an anticav building because of the types of mercenaries that are available. Please feel free to share your opinion.If the math feels cumbersome(the community consists of talented people from non math or non science backgrounds as well), ignore it and just note the percentages.On the other hand if maths is right up your alley, please do me a favor by checking it.Hopefully everyone interested in mercenaries will join.

Maths are ok, but there is no need to use combination here, just use a three. I mean your 1rst calcul for example can be done like that : 1-9*8/(16*15)=0.7 (because for the 1st mercenary you have 9 over 16 good choice and 8 over 15 for the 2nd).

What I find interressant here is that we can also calculate the probability to have one good mercenary at least. I mean : Hackapell, Stradiot, Black Rider, Manchu, Highlander, swiss pikemen and Jaeger. Because the other are age 4 or bad. That make 7, exactly like the number of anticav-merc. So the probability of having one of them is 0.73 too (considering your error with blind monk). I conclude that the kaiser's build is viable :smile:

Well you did instead permutations, 1-P(9, 2)/P(16,2) :smile:
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego