Team cards

United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Team cards

Post by alistairpeter »

What team cards are with sending, and what aren't? Some are obvious, but others are debatable. My main question is about India and some of the other civs who have team animal shipments. I've seen pros use 3 bears as Sioux, but ink how other animals are in comparison to grizzlies. Also, are there some worth it in 3v3 or 4v4, but not as useful in 2v2? The rhino shipment seems okay, but ink all the stats of the animals. Then there's also the 2 flail elephants. But you have to pay for it, and you miss out on a villager. The question isn't only focused on India, ut just came to mind as having good team cards BC of urumi. I appreciate any help and input. Thanks.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Re: Team cards

Post by wardyb1 »

Just don't send team animals or bears or anything of the like. Economic team cards are generally decent and are better when you have more teammates. However knowing when to send them is important, as there is no point send germany's 10% mill ups early on when no one has mills. Team urumi is god tier. Not really sure about flail elephants, technically they really aren't good units, but you could do some surprise rush with 8 flail elephants for sieging and possibly turn the game quickly. Team 2 settler wagons is another really good shipment. Unit upgrades such as cav attack etc I think are all really good and should be sent just before timing pushes.

For instance you're playing brits, you could play cav, play age 2 for a bit, then hit age 3, get vet upgrade, send your own cav upgrade, get arsenal cav hp up, have french send team cav attack and russia send their team cav hp and all of a sudden your cav have had a huge power spike and you should win any fight if played remotely well. Of course this is an ideal situation but you can see how the team cards might tip the balance in the fight.

Essentially though you have to weigh up if the benefits to the team will outweigh you falling a little bit further behind from missing out on a more valuable personal shipment. If you are falling behind sometimes shipping to just help your teammates is better, or it can just force you further behind and they are stuck playing 2v3. It's all about timing really.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Dragoon

Post by alistairpeter »

Okay thanks for the help! But I guess I'm still a little unsure as to why I've seen top players send animal shipments and use then successfully, yet team shipments aren't viable. They would add up to more than 3 grizzlies even in a 2v2, and be much better in, say, a 4v4. They also don't take any pop, and can help get tresuares for eco. And i always include team unit upgrade cards, even in 1v1 BC they still are the standard 15%. I usually get eco cards in team games anyway, BC team games tend to favor economy booms.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Imo, Team unit shipments & Team military upgrade shipments > Team Eco upgrade shipments & Team resource shipments. I know a guy who does a troll Build playing dutch with team 3 envoys, scout rush, lol. You can try using team eco upgrade cards, if you're going to do so something greedy with your teammates. Team resources are the worst shipments having the the 'team' tag. And you're forgetting about the shivaji's tactics card, they are as good as Team 5 urmi (team 4 urmi in EP). Animal shipments are just weird things. They become more scary at stages, or they become stupid, if they are not used wisely.
oranges.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Some people just tend to toy around with some cards, whereas in reality they're sub-optimal, unless we're taking a skill gap into consideration. Generally, try to send good team eco and upgrades cards, like the aforementioned TEAM Cavalry Attack or TEAM Food Silos — later on they really add up.
Dragoon

Post by alistairpeter »

Okay thanks guys! I guess I just have one more minor question. If a civ has a shipment that would give more units in total, such as team 5 manchu(would give minimum of 10 vs 9) or team hand mortars? (7 or team 4/minimum if 8) the numbers add up to more than if you send them just to yourself.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You're right in what you're writing, but what is the question exactly?
Dragoon

Post by alistairpeter »

Which one would be better in 2v2? Sending them all to yourself, or extra for the team?
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

I am gonna chime in with a question. I have been playing Japan a lot recently, and is team 10 ninja worth it ? And team chondindo ?
Dragoon

Post by alistairpeter »

They also have a team castle rickshaw in age 2 I think. If paired with India maybe some flail elephant start could be built off it? Also India has team sumptuary laws which works better with Asians BC of the export.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

alistairpeter wrote:Which one would be better in 2v2? Sending them all to yourself, or extra for the team?

I think the answer is simple: if your teammate is better than you, send the team card, if not, send the regular card :chinese:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

CelticCrusader wrote:I am gonna chime in with a question. I have been playing Japan a lot recently, and is team 10 ninja worth it ? And team chondindo ?

I forget how much team 10 ninja costs, but I would assume that it is too much to make the card viable. Team 19 sohei is pretty good, on the other hand. Team chonindo is a decent card and I have it in my 3v3 decks, but not in all of my 2v2 decks.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

alistairpeter wrote:Which one would be better in 2v2? Sending them all to yourself, or extra for the team?

In 2v2 I'd go for 9 Manchu as you get to control them all of them yourself, which in turn means it's more coordinated than 2 separate groups of 5 each. On the other hand, you gain one more tanky unit, so I guess it's still arguable :hmm: Nevertheless, in 3v3s it's clear that TEAM cards definitely pay off.
Darwin_ wrote:I forget how much team 10 ninja costs

United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:I forget how much team 10 ninja costs

Hmm I thought it was much more than that. I mean ninja are pretty insane units just like in general so in like a 3v3 deck that would probably be a sweet card, though I think sohei would still be the better option.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

What about China's team cheap barracks in a 3v3. China's going to make at least 5 barracks over the course of the game, plus whatever the teammates make: is it worth it, and at what point?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Why not, I guess, though usually you can just send better Colonial-Age equivalents. The sooner you send it, the more worthwhile it becomes, naturally :maniac:
India TheFlyingBeast
Crossbow
ESO: TheFlyingBeast

Post by TheFlyingBeast »

Team sohei is better option cause it is better vs cavalry specially when u r in age 4 and have to defend ur artillery or skirmisher u can do it easy way also this card can be sent 2 times so ur ally can have 2x sohei from u.
There are also some team cards can be used better in treaty too.
Like russia fast inf team card , dutch native card , dutch mortar dmg card and also eco cards too.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I would have the team cards in my deck. If in doubt, just ask your teammate for the extra resources back.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego