Dutch - Bank vs TP

India _DB_
Howdah

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by _DB_ »

Bank costs 350f and 350w for a 2.75 coin trickle.
A TP cost 200w, 200f and 200 more wood to upgrade it but grants possibly a lot of resources in a time.

I ask this because I've saw some players build TPs and upgrade it and get resources from it and add banks later on. Though majority believes in building banks.

What's more worth it for Dutch?

And if TPs are worth it in some situations, can you list up a good build order for Dutch TP builds? Possibly rec games?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by mamapapaisop »

From my personal expierence a early tp isn t worth it as dutch.. building banks already gives you a nice amount of exp and creates gold.. its more easy to defend because of tc and u can place it where you want while a tp isn t as easy to defend as a bank and if u upgrade to stagecoach ur opponent will try to kill them as fast as possible and will try to build tps by hisself to use the stagecoach upgrade.. may if u have all banks and enough pop room in age 3 or smth its worth to build a tp..
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by yemshi »

Lately I gather 300wood in transition an build 1TP and a bank plus market p with ageupwood. I wouldnt recommand it though I always have q hard time building my banks. You age up taster aswell and have more shipments. And you can always just by 200wood in the market wnd build one.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by momuuu »

yemshi wrote:Lately I gather 300wood in transition an build 1TP and a bank plus market p with ageupwood. I wouldnt recommand it though I always have q hard time building my banks. You age up taster aswell and have more shipments. And you can always just by 200wood in the market wnd build one.
That''s probably way too greedy.

I personally like banks over TP''s by a longshot. I think the gather rate is simply better for how much it costs, and you dont need map control to defend them.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by yemshi »

Why is gathering 300wood insted of 350wood and not spending 350food before you hut the ageuobutton way to greedy?
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by bart331 »

On patagonia i always do tp instead of banks as dutch, imo banks suck, too little return on investment

Problem with dutch is they cant defend the tps on most maps
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by momuuu »

yemshi wrote:Why is gathering 300wood insted of 350wood and not spending 350food before you hut the ageuobutton way to greedy?
sorry I''m not thinking clearly. Its indeed possible over 2 early banks in some slower match ups I suppose. Not sure if its worth it to just get 1 TP though.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by yemshi »

With every other civ one TP is fine' it should be fine with Dutch aswell.
It's just for xp.
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by 91 »

I'd think that if you plan to upgrade the trade route, you need to spend a total of 600 res, while your opponent can then spend only 200w to get the same resource income as you. And your investment is not worth as much if your opponent can match it with a lower cost than you.

If anything I think the TP for XP is worth more than upgrading it. To get faster shipments so you can build banks faster..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Dutch - Bank vs TP

Post by momuuu »

91 wrote:I''d think that if you plan to upgrade the trade route, you need to spend a total of 600 res, while your opponent can then spend only 200w to get the same resource income as you. And your investment is not worth as much if your opponent can match it with a lower cost than you.

If anything I think the TP for XP is worth more than upgrading it. To get faster shipments so you can build banks faster..
I''d agree with that yeah.

Then you''d probably go for a TP during transition. The problem is that Dutch have a hard time finding 200 spare resources and going for banks and aging, so it might not be so useful to get the XP for more banks, since that weakens your ability to safely age even more. That''s just speculation though, as I''ve never tried getting a TP myself.

Maybe it''s useful in the mirror?