India- Foreign Logging v/s 600w

Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon
ESO: Nightwing

India- Foreign Logging v/s 600w

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

The preferred wonder of choice while aging up as India is often the Agra Fort. The second shipment to send following that build is either 5 sepoys or 600w. However, when going up with the Karni Mata, can Foreign Logging be the second/third shipment of choice, instead of the 600w?
Of course, it will take more time to pay off than the 600w, but on the other hand allows you to have fewer vills on wood, and more on food and coin. From then on, getting up a consulate, while sending 300e as the 3rd shipment might be an option because wood income would be pretty good.
What do you guys think of that?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: India- Foreign Logging v/s 600w

Post by deleted_user0 »

300e or 5 sepoys or 4 sowars
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

first card should be 300xport most of the time, foreign logging only in rare situations, otherwise you send that 2nd in case you can be greedy, or later whenever you can. if you opened tp you can even send GFA before 300 xport!
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

haha Sompu

regarding 600w/trickle... well, trickle is more economic for the long run, while the 600w gives you faster options such as adding a stable, easier market ups while producing army constantly. The later you send 600w, the less 'useful' of a shipment it becomes i feel, you got more eco already anyway.
Also, the obvious reaction is that with the trickle you need less vills on wood, sure, but you can use 600w on a vill, house, building, market ups as well. This all results in less wood to gather for that, so kinda similar.

@WickedCossack can probably enlighten you more about this specific delicate subject
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Foreign logging is interesting in mus where you dont need a stable early on imo. I find that when I do also want a stable that foreign logging tends to be a bit slow.
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:regarding 600w/trickle... well, trickle is more economic for the long run, while the 600w gives you faster options such as adding a stable, easier market ups while producing army constantly. The later you send 600w, the less 'useful' of a shipment it becomes i feel, you got more eco already anyway.
Also, the obvious reaction is that with the trickle you need less vills on wood, sure, but you can use 600w on a vill, house, building, market ups also. This all results in less wood to gather for that, so kinda similar.

@WickedCossack can probably enlighten you more about this specific delicate subject

It's very true that the 600w gives more options straight away.
So, if I did a BO like 5 Sepoys > 600w > 300e, is Foreign Logging still viable, considering the fact that shipments like Camel Attack or 600g can be sent?

If I understand well, it's either 600w for immediate use, or Foreign Logging for the long term plan, and very rarely both.

Yeah, WickedCossack used Foreign Logging in his game against H2O after the 5 Sepoys if I am not mistaken. But that again was against Brit.
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

Jerom wrote:Foreign logging is interesting in mus where you dont need a stable early on imo. I find that when I do also want a stable that foreign logging tends to be a bit slow.

You are right. As I said a few minutes ago, I think the 600w is definitely worth it for immediate use. What I find interesting with Foreign logging is that it is equivalent to 4 vills + 1 free vill, and it will never run out and it is an infinite resource, which cannot be raided.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

600w is quite overrated. India has better wood gather rate than other civs so it's actually quite bad. Nobody wants to send 600f first either.
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

I'll keep the 600f for Blackstar. He makes a better use of it.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

600w is more valuable early, the later u send wood the more useless it becomes
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I only like to send 600w if you're transitioning to water or doing a TP play. I usually prefer trickle trickle export or trickle 5 sepoy trickle export. The consulate is always in time for the export so the only delayed thing is the stable and even then it's not by much. You usually can't produce from rax/agra & stables that early anyways.

That said I wasn't a big consulate rusher which seems to be very popular nowdays and it looks like a good strategy which could change the card order. Bsop did consulate in transition and trickle 300exp 5 sepoy I believe? I wonder how delaying it slightly with a trickle trickle (market in transition) 300exp 5 sepoy could work. Probs MU dependent but you'd have a nice eco behind it.
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

WickedCossack wrote:I only like to send 600w if you're transitioning to water or doing a TP play. I usually prefer trickle trickle export or trickle 5 sepoy trickle export. The consulate is always in time for the export so the only delayed thing is the stable and even then it's not by much. You usually can't produce from rax/agra & stables that early anyways.

That said I wasn't a big consulate rusher which seems to be very popular nowdays and it looks like a good strategy which could change the card order. Bsop did consulate in transition and trickle 300exp 5 sepoy I believe? I wonder how delaying it slightly with a trickle trickle (market in transition) 300exp 5 sepoy could work. Probs MU dependent but you'd have a nice eco behind it.

Yes it is difficult to get 2 times 5 batches of units out of 2 military production facilities.

I think you are right. Bsop did go for the 300e 5 sepoys, but that was against Japan or China if I am not mistaken, which is viable in these MUs only.
2 trickles back to back might be very much greedy, but again as you said, I'd have a nice eco behind this build. Probably to be considered in team games.

I really like the BO you did against H2O's Brit :)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

WickedCossack wrote:I only like to send 600w if you're transitioning to water or doing a TP play. I usually prefer trickle trickle export or trickle 5 sepoy trickle export. The consulate is always in time for the export so the only delayed thing is the stable and even then it's not by much. You usually can't produce from rax/agra & stables that early anyways.

you guys should get withe the meta... the first colonial card for india should be 300xport 9/10 times. either for a consulate rush, or for greed. the only time you're not sending it first is when you are sepoy rushing.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

600 w does things right at the time whereas Foreign Logging card proves to be drastically powerful later on. Both cards are equally good depending upon your opponent's civ. India has lot of versatile card options too...What a lovely thing.
oranges.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I prefer doing 300e first then foreign logging and getting crates from the french consulate. I personally think the otto vills are overrated unless you are doing karni and heavy market play.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

that has some truth to it, but fre consulate is useless vs aggression. otto cons is nice because its so versatile, you can greed (4v), pressure/raid (huss + los bonus) and defend with it (huss + mm)
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Is 600w 300e bo out of time? Or am I?
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

The only strategy that i know and i do with India is the consulate rush : 600e, 5sepoys , 4 camels,
if it works, it is good, but if not, GG.

I don't know how to play greedy with them, i try to age up most of the times but i'm pushed by their fortress army.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

600e good shipment
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

NekoBerk wrote:The only strategy that i know and i do with India is the consulate rush : 600e, 5sepoys , 4 camels

Stop using hacks man, wtf
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

So why exactly is 300e first instead of 600w 300e better? That doesnt seem that apperant to me.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Perhaps French consulate.
Pay more attention to detail.
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

Jerom wrote:So why exactly is 300e first instead of 600w 300e better? That doesnt seem that apperant to me.

I guess that the 300e is better if you have a consulate right away after reaching the colonial age. Kinda what Goodspeed does. If not 600w seems better. My point is whether is it worth to get the consulate right away after/as you age up, or send 600w, get a consulate out of it and some houses, then send 300e?
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

fei123456 wrote:Is 600w 300e bo out of time? Or am I?

It is still the meta. But as Inidia there are so many options that the BOs will really vary. I was talking about more of a Goodspeed-esque build.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

gh0st wrote:
NekoBerk wrote:The only strategy that i know and i do with India is the consulate rush : 600e, 5sepoys , 4 camels

Stop using hacks man, wtf

???
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar