5 Uhlan shipment age 2 bad?

Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

5 Uhlan shipment age 2 bad?

Post by Mameluke »

I played against someone who beat me and asked me what I shipped and then told me that shipping 5 uhlans would be bad but why? 5 uhlans = 750 resources how can this be bad? He said I should send 700w (or 700g dont remember) instead.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: 5 Uhlan shipment age 2 bad?

Post by Gendarme »

Because you don't get two free uhlans with that shipment.
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

5 ulhans is 3+2 so compared to other Germans cards it is bad. However it's not as bad as people think as it is still a 5 ulhan swing. Also forward tower with 5+5 ulhans is kinda nasty cheese.
Image Image Image
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Of course it is bad. And you should say " I should send 700w + 2 uhlans (or 700g + 2 uhlans dont remember)".
What Gendarme means is, this shipment is actually a 3 uhlans shipment, which is really bad. Same for the age III shipment: 8 uhlans
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

Gendarme wrote:Because you don't get two free uhlans with that shipment.

lol ofc damn im bad
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Because other german shipments are better, 700w + 2 uhlan is 1000 resources so that should kinda be the baseline for a shipment. 8 bows + 2 uhlans is 940 resources. 3 dopps + 2 uhlan is 1050 resources I think. So yeah then 5 uhlan is pretty mediocre.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jerom wrote:Because other german shipments are better, 700w + 2 uhlan is 1000 resources so that should kinda be the baseline for a shipment. 8 bows + 2 uhlans is 940 resources. 3 dopps + 2 uhlan is 1050 resources I think. So yeah then 5 uhlan is pretty mediocre.

Aren't uhlan 200 resources so 5 uhlan = 1000 resources?

Tbh it isn't a terrible shipment. 5 uhlan > 3 huss. Yeah yeah I know Germany gather xp slower but with an early TP it isn't felt.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:
Jerom wrote:Because other german shipments are better, 700w + 2 uhlan is 1000 resources so that should kinda be the baseline for a shipment. 8 bows + 2 uhlans is 940 resources. 3 dopps + 2 uhlan is 1050 resources I think. So yeah then 5 uhlan is pretty mediocre.

Aren't uhlan 200 resources so 5 uhlan = 1000 resources?

50f 100g? or am I going insane?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Man this is why I'm a captain.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

deleted_user wrote:Man this is why I'm a captain.

and I thought im the noob here jk :P
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well 700w isn't really a baseline for a shipment since it's one of the best shipments. Also units shipments are almost always worth less resources than crates because they give you military instantly and without needing a military building, so it's just fair, and that's why you can't ship units and wait, you need to get value out of those units. 3 dops + 2 uhlans are worth 900 resources for the record.

On topic, well I think you already got your answer, 5 uhlans is just not worth as much as other (interesting) shipments. To be an average shipment, it should be 6 (4+2) uhlans, worth 900 resources, 4 uhlans being 600 resources like 3 huss, 6 musks... Atm if you forget about the free uhlans that you will anyway get, you ship 3 uhlans which is worth 450 res, very suboptimal.

However it still is a military shipment. Germany has only 2 units shipments otherwise (which is actually kind standard for euro civs, but less than tad or twc civs), so in some match ups you might want a special deck with those 5 uhlans in. Mostly against civs that will anyway all-in rush you, and against which you don't really want greedy shipments. You'd then rather ship a bad military shipment like 5 uhlans, instead of something greedy that you realistically probs won't need. For example against otto or all in azzy, I'd add 5 uhlans in deck and remove 2 sw for example; that way if you already shipped 8 bows and 3 dops you can still fuel your mass fast.

I actually shipped 5 uhlans for the first time in my life against Mitoe in small finals (funny thing he is actually the one who advised me to put 5 uhlans in deck against lordraphael's otto, and I used it against him) because he was aggressive aztecs and already used xbows and dops, and just wanted more military.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

It's not like you shouldn't have it in your deck, but it's value is low.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

You shouldn't have it in your deck in most match ups. The thing is that germany has no slots for lategame cards in age 3, except one and it should be cav combat. Even now, when you have cav combat, you actually cut 5 dops, which can sometimes be viable, or another military shipment or 1000g.
Most civs have room for more upgrades than that, for example as france you can have refrigeration and royal mint as well as cav combat. So you kinda want to put a few upgrades in colonial in case it somehow goes late game. 5 uhlans means one less of those upgrades, and you will anyway never ship that card in some match ups (basically match ups where you know you will be able to anyway go age 3 reasonably fast), so it might be hurtful. I'd rather have an eco or military upgrade instead.

But then again, in the special case of civs vs which you anyway won't ever go late game (the most obvious being otto), 5 uhlans is an option.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Like <5% of matches goes late. I think it might even be like 1%.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

The card has some tactical value in early-mid Colonial, but if you're not going to send it early than almost any other card would be better. Good alternatives are 700f, Cav Attack, Sustainable Agriculture, Heavy Infantry HP.

It won't hurt you to have it in your deck, almost all of the alternatives are just as useless for Germans, it's just personal preference.
Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT
ESO: iamturk

Post by iamturk »

ilovesquats wrote:I played against someone who beat me and asked me what I shipped and then told me that shipping 5 uhlans would be bad but why? 5 uhlans = 750 resources how can this be bad? He said I should send 700w (or 700g dont remember) instead.

Duruma göre kullanabileceğin bir kart. Baskı altındaysan kullanılabilir. Ya da agresif oynayacaksan.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

ileri, marş!
Pay more attention to detail.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jerom wrote:Like <5% of matches goes late. I think it might even be like 1%.

In 0% of games as germany against age 3 civs you would ship 5 uhlans
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I find it is a lot more likely you'll be playing age 2 than that you'll be shipping a super lategame card.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I never even ship 3 dops in these match ups, why would one ship 5 uhlans
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I haven't had 5 uhlans in my deck for years and never needed it.
Much prefer an IV card as an alternative, as Germans have okay FI options in some MUs.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Ye if rapha go age 4 and send 2 heavy cannon he may win that ger vs brit game vs godspeed
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

If rapha sent 1000w before 9 uhlans, and pushed 1 shipment later, when gs would be moving out of his base for hunts, he would win. Or even 1000w 1000g 9 uhlans or sth. Pushing in a well built base with a ton of lbs will never work, uhlans have too low hp
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:I haven't had 5 uhlans in my deck for years and never needed it.
Much prefer an IV card as an alternative, as Germans have okay FI options in some MUs.

This I like. But still vs russia, otto, aztec, iro, civs like that, I would put in 5 uhlans.