6 cons musk vs petards

United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

6 cons musk vs petards

Post by alistairpeter »

When is it a good idea to ship the retards rather than 6 musketeers as the British consulate?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: 6 cons musk vs petards

Post by Gendarme »

When you feel like you are the stratician.
Pay more attention to detail.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

basic rule I go after: send them to tc/strategic buildings while fighting, best would be if you're fighting at your own base and you petard the opponents tc meanwhile. its soo nice.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

I'd check your spelling of petard :!:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Ye it's spelled firecrackers ^^
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

always go firecrackers, no questions asked.
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

Lmao whoops I meant petard ty guys. And yes I've thought about blowing up TV while battling at home, it leaves bills vulnerable especially for euro civs who have explorer down. Would it be worth it to prevent opponent aging up?
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

alistairpeter wrote:Lmao whoops I meant petard ty guys. And yes I've thought about blowing up TV while battling at home, it leaves bills vulnerable especially for euro civs who have explorer down. Would it be worth it to prevent opponent aging up?

Guy battles at home, blows up the TV and the bills are vulnerable. Chunfirmed
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

petards is usually better vs asian civs, to blow up their wonder. It can also be useful sometimes vs Dutch (banks) or ports (tc's). Or in a rare case, vs otto or spain Revo (does need 300 xport most likely to succeed).

otherwise, 6 musk is the better choice
Tunisia iLolicon
Musketeer
ESO: iLolicon

Post by iLolicon »

Depends on your mass size and the enemy unit composition. I'd only ship petards in situations where I knew the 6 musk wouldn't make any significant difference, or if my score was so far behind that I needed to take such risks.
=
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Generally, 5 Petards would be better...because you do not actually want to send age 2ish shipments such as 6 redcoats in age 3 and waste your export. 6 redcoats + intervention card would be decent with china since they don't have any good anticav(Musks > swords).

I personally like to send 5 Petards to troll and things like that. But it's still important during big fights. 450 export is just worth it. I hereby conclude that 5 petards are better than 6 redcoats at most of the time.
oranges.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

_RDX_ wrote:Generally, 5 Petards would be better...because you do not actually want to send age 2ish shipments such as 6 redcoats in age 3 and waste your export. 6 redcoats + intervention card would be decent with china since they don't have any good anticav(Musks > swords).

I personally like to send 5 Petards to troll and things like that. But it's still important during big fights. 450 export is just worth it. I hereby conclude that 5 petards are better than 6 redcoats at most of the time.

6 colonial musks ~= 6 semi industrial musks
:hmm: Some solid logic right there

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

He means that because 6 redcoats were available in Colonial Age, sending them in Fortress Age is bad. He is however confusing consulate armies with shipments. Sending a Colonial Age shipment is worse than sending a Fortress Age shipment because every shipment costs the same amount of XP but the Fortress Age ones give you more units/resources, meaning that each Colonial Age unit/resource you get costs more XP than the Fortress Age unit/resource. This is not the case with consulate armies; a redcoat costs 50 export whether you're in Colonial Age or Fortress Age.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Redcoats are better in 1v1 because if you win the fight it doesn't really matter if your opponent has his TC and wonders or not.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Gendarme wrote:He means that because 6 redcoats were available in Colonial Age, sending them in Fortress Age is bad. He is however confusing consulate armies with shipments. Sending a Colonial Age shipment is worse than sending a Fortress Age shipment because every shipment costs the same amount of XP but the Fortress Age ones give you more units/resources, meaning that each Colonial Age unit/resource you get costs more XP than the Fortress Age unit/resource. This is not the case with consulate armies; a redcoat costs 50 export whether you're in Colonial Age or Fortress Age.

consulate armies also free upgrade :flowers:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

No, I'm not confusing anything here. Consulate acts as an 2nd Home city for asian civs, since XP and export takes a long time to produce. And a redcoat costs ~67 export.
oranges.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

usually it's good when you have a big army so 6 musketeers aren't that much relevant anymore and killing the tc is the key to cope with your opponent turtling, such as Dutch or Japan for instance (killing a wonder vs japan is better in this case)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Oh yeah, they cost 400 export, not 300. The point still stands, though: redcoats do not become bad just because you are in Fortress Age. The 700 wood shipment becomes bad because you now have the 1000 wood shipment for the same cost, not because wood itself is bad. If you could train 9 redcoats for 400 export in Fortress Age, then training 6 would be bad (but not because redcoats are bad). Indian players go for sepoys in Fortress Age a lot of times. If you justify making sepoys, then redcoats should be a good addition to your army.