British Discovery Build

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

British Discovery Build

Post by gamevideo113 »

I have seen different players have a different build with the british, some click up with 17 vills and some with more (20 or 21) still reasonably close to the 3 minute mark by leaving some vills on wood and building 3/4 manors before going up (also thanks to treasures). I was wondering, when is a greedy build like this viable? Simply against slow civs or is there more to it? Also when doing a 20 vill click up i would consider shipping 3 vills, VC and then 700w. Your colonial time will be a bit delayed compared to a 17v click up and since with VC you will be building a lot of manors during transition your third shipment is basically granted by the time you get colonial.
Please let me know what do you think :smile:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: British Discovery Build

Post by tedere12 »

realistically it never is, because you get your crates from the shipment 1 minute later so even if you are not gonna get pressured, you won't benefit. Some people do VC boom with british in age 1 and click up to age 2 and 3 in a row due to really good economy, but its risky because you ageup with 0 units
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Well getting crates 30 secs/1 ninute later in exchange for VC and more vills in transition seems a good deal though to my noobish ears considering that VC can be worth more than 700w itself in the long run :D
That FF build might be interesting to see although it seems a bit too greedy at a first glance, even in team games
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Nah that's not the case. You don't trade 30s for VC, you trade an age 2 shipement for VC which isn't the same. Because even if VC is good for an age 1 shipement, it's almost the same value as 3 selters, which is far from 700w or 5 selters if you want to go greedy.
What matter the most in brit age 1 is to age up asap. If it's 200w+0g start, only buld one manor (so age up with 16 selters), is it's 200w+100g you can oftent vuild a market and buy 100w because you have some coins/food tresures (age up with 16s too) and if it's a 300w start you can either build 2 manors and age up 17 or 1 manor and a TP to send VC and age up 16 too.
The only case where I age up slower is when I have a market start, I see I will have like 600/650f when the 16th vils comes out, and I don't want to push early, in this case I do the wood upgrade and age up with one more vils. (Good when you want to go on lb/pike then because the wood upgrade will pay off).

But aging early is really important with brit because you can pressure your opponent or have a good answer to his pressure+you have the shipements and age up bonus (think steel trape) earlier.

Usually, I even dislike to boom to much during transition, I only chope for 40 or 50 manor pop + ress for steel trape (when I am not doing Mitoe build, which is better when yoou go for cav). Because if you chope for more, you aren't sure to be able to make 5 units with your 1st batch.

However, some player like diarouga/goodspeed don't send 3vils and go for VC 1st. But they steel don't click up with 20 vils wich is just bad/troll.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

bwinner1 wrote:don't click up with 20 vils wich is just bad/troll.

Fite me
oranges.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

ATP improved buildings 20/20 is the best build atm you scrubs
Pay more attention to detail.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Aizamk wrote:

Fite me

Lol I know you maid this troll befor (which I already tried ofc, but it remains a troll^^), but I accepte the fight lol (I know you may win because you are just better, but to be honnest, if I know you do this I don't think I would lose)
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Master @Aizamk teach me how to 21/50 with british plox, i hope i will prove myself as a worthy vessel for your ancient and secret true wisdom
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

isnt vc mainly legit when 300w start, then 200w -> tp, chop 35 wood for house, standard 16-17vil age-up, and when one is age 2 he has already send 3v and vc and a shipment ready for 700w?

dunno stole this build from aiz stream and i saw some ppl doing it, it gives me 50 villager at 7.30min - 8min, but ofc its not as badass as some aiz 21 vil VC age up into FI church build + petards.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

bwinner1 wrote:
Aizamk wrote:

Fite me

Lol I know you maid this troll befor (which I already tried ofc, but it remains a troll^^), but I accepte the fight lol (I know you may win because you are just better, but to be honnest, if I know you do this I don't think I would lose)

I don't think you quite understand. Not every 20 vill ageup is slow. And as heretical as it might seem, not every 20 vill ageup requires VC to function.

I'll be online for about 2 hours from now.
oranges.
France diarougaforever
Skirmisher
ESO: diarouga

Post by diarougaforever »

bwinner1 wrote:
Aizamk wrote:

Fite me

It's not troll, the strat is really strong.
Message me if you want to join the council team.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

I can't play this week @Aizamk
France diarougaforever
Skirmisher
ESO: diarouga

Post by diarougaforever »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:isnt vc mainly legit when 300w start, then 200w -> tp, chop 35 wood for house, standard 16-17vil age-up, and when one is age 2 he has already send 3v and vc and a shipment ready for 700w?

dunno stole this build from aiz stream and i saw some ppl doing it, it gives me 50 villager at 7.30min - 8min, but ofc its not as badass as some aiz 21 vil VC age up into FI church build + petards.

Vc is always viable as long as your hunts are good. I'd send vc in every mu, including russia/india/aztecs.
We have some nice games of these mus in the council archiver.
Message me if you want to join the council team.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

diarougaforever xD