Native Gameplay

No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

Native Gameplay

Post by mamapapaisop »

I kbow there is a native rudh with french, are there native rush with other civs and do you think it would be possible to play with natives longer than age 2 ? Like an late age 2 natove build or native ff?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Native Gameplay

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

No, they're too expensive (wood gathers slower, natives cost mostly wood) and you can only build a few of them.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Native Gameplay

Post by Durokan »

mamapapaisop wrote:I kbow there is a native rudh with french, are there native rush with other civs and do you think it would be possible to play with natives longer than age 2 ? Like an late age 2 natove build or native ff?
you could try a goon semi with apache. you could also use their unique techs for your benefit even if you dont end up building the units. seminole give like 20% extra damage to archers, crazy for sioux brit and japan. cree can train vills and reduce building costs, could be great with britain. A native army can never replace your army entirely due to their size, but they can be used to supplement it. IE train dragoon type units as russia/china. Something to note is they do not cost population, so housing will not be in issue in the instance of a 5 goon 700g semi. The big issue behind this is map dependency(QS), something remedied by playing custom lobbies or by playing in a tournament.

http://eso-community.net/thread/905/eso ... e-analysis

This has a description of most of the natives, specifically the ones relevant to our maps.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Native Gameplay

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Native rush sucks.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Re: Native Gameplay

Post by Kazamkikaz »

i did Portugal native rush on sonora if i am not wrong about the map, and i did big mass aging with just 12 vill in few time, otto native rush is good too, when u can make almost 10 cav in few min send 5 or 4 from card and make some jani and attack, say only french is wrong, alot civ can do native rush, to work ofc depend the native u using, vs who and what civ /strategie.
Use native in age 3+ only to get some upgrades or to get some army who increase the limit by each 2 or 3 min, in general natives is used to rush just think, army relatively cheaper and stronger than normal version on some thing (siege, resist, range or attack) and u can build the native tp in age 1 to not lose time making a base in age 2 that is why russia rush is strong not because of just 5 cossacs come directly from 1 fb.
Maps with good combo paint desart (anticav apache and anti infantry navajo), saguenay (tank shirm cree 300hp insane with nookta anticav clubman) inca dont need allie :grin: pike and bow same time
I hv been thinking lately in how to use native earlier on game not to rush but for upgrades, ofc every body will say make extras cdb cree for your villager mass, but u can use not cree soon age 2 for some advantage, example is in gp you can get 10% more hp with comanche for hussard and send 15% more hp card total 320 hp to 400 hp (if u crazy enough to send advanced arsenal so total colonial hussard hp is 432), ofc dont forget 10% speed (6.75 to 7.25 catch your opponent dragoon :huh: 8-) ) for sioux same thing change explorer speed from 7.77 to 8.54, in hispaniola map, i always did it wrong play with british and french, instead of make that poor 10 range carib bowgunner, the funny with my native carib bowman rush is not just the attack bonus vs vill but that small ambush, imagine raid with lb 22 range or crossbowman with 16 etc, inca 20% + gathering rate from mine, inca army speed +20% (crazy rattan shield, swiss pikes and rodeleros), mapuche all hand infantry +50% siege attack etc
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Belgium LegalPenguin
Musketeer
ESO: LegalPenguin

Post by LegalPenguin »

Would a China native timing be viable?

Age I:
Get TP, gather 100 wood, get village and ship 300 wood, age with Summer Palace

Transition: 4 vills on wonder, get market, Food I, Wood I, all resources I, native TP as you age up

Age II: Ship 700 wood, pump out natives, ship unit that completes native composition (if it's a siege unit or cavalry: crossbow; if it's anti-infantry: pikes) and set Summer Palace to Same unit composition

Edit: maybe even add consulate - Brit for HP-boost or French for more resources

Pray to the AoE Gods for a blind player

Gg?

No, seriously, would something along those lines be viable? What do you think?
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ...
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

LegalPenguin wrote:Would a China native timing be viable?

Age I:
Get TP, gather 100 wood, get village and ship 300 wood, age with Summer Palace

Transition: 4 vills on wonder, get market, Food I, Wood I, all resources I, native TP as you age up

Age II: Ship 700 wood, pump out natives, ship unit that completes native composition (if it's a siege unit or cavalry: crossbow; if it's anti-infantry: pikes) and set Summer Palace to Same unit composition

Pray to the AoE Gods for a blind player

Gg?

No, seriously, would something along those lines be viable? What do you think?
Its definitely a possibility- China has excellent military shipments but the followup after is quite poor so you have to take a solid advantage or you're kinda screwed. If you want to nat rush as china age with the porcelain tower, i cannot stress this enough- its 4 vills worth of wood immediately and it really carries your eco. Strong nats for china to use are commanche, sohei, rattan, inca. I really dont suggest you use the skirm nats since ckn are excellent already.

Probably the strongest timing would be a sohei settlement with 9ckn/duck squad/7 steppe. Pretty all in but sohei are just vastly superior to those garbage qiang
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

french nats on high plains is insane, if you can get age 3 and stack the ups and get some skirms out its quite an unkillable army
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

China native rush on Plymouth is pretty good - especially as the Huron Mantlets on that map can soak up the damage for the rest of the army.

Plus, if the rush fails - just build on all TP’s and attack with a ridiculous amount of mantlets for the lols :biggrin:
How do you write a signature?