EP VC Boom

United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

EP VC Boom

Post by Hidddy_ »

Hi guys I've been playing a lot on EP lately and it seems like brits vc boom is pretty potent. I've been able to stop it if the opponent goes very greedy early on and skips rax. But how can I punish this sort of strat early on? Any tips in punishing brits (not necessarily vc) early on are also welcome
De Funk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: EP VC Boom

Post by deleted_user »

Multitask cav raiding works well vs VC. Grab TP line and stage coach if possible. Don't necessarily try to rush him but apply pressure while booming yourself. I dunno what civ you are using but when Brits go VC they will run out of hunts relatively quickly so perhaps try to age up and contain their out of base resources while establishing map control.

I dunno. EP VC is pre gud, you're right.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Doesn't VC slow you down significantly? Fortress plays are probably very effective.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

VC actually has a pretty decent semi/naked ff option but yeah it will definitely be slower. There's a window to do some punishing but not much if the VC player properly places his manors defensively (i.e. you'll be hard pressed to take out military buildings or his tc) and makes lbows and hussar so still I think the best option is to sit on top their next hunts, raid, and hope you don't totally lose the deciding fight. The VC player has all the pressure to break out and win fights hard enough that he can consistently defend his out-of-base resources.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

starve their hunts and multitask them is your best bet. you still get to age 3 much faster than them so camp on their next hunt with cannons
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

What SirCallen wrote in both his posts is exactly what I've gotten from the mu. They do run out of hunt relatively quick, can also follow you up with semi, and their base is hard to break. I find cav pressure and pressuring while booming is the best option so far too. I guess I should just be more prepared for the big fight where brits tries to break out of their base and hope I can nullify vc with good raiding

Edit: as for the lb/Huss composition, what would work best against it?
De Funk
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Huss/goon works best against that comp, at least theoretically. I am not sure how practical it is to go double stable.
Pay more attention to detail.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

cav raid from 3 sides, and go age 3.