Beat Ottoman as France (on RE)

Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Beat Ottoman as France (on RE)

Post by Mameluke »

How do you beat Ottoman as France on RE (I guess the same on EP)?

This Jan/Abus Rush is so strong.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Re: Beat Ottoman as France (on RE)

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

RE maps are so poor you can't semi, (unless you're playing on Siberia) so you have to play colonial and then age when you can imo. You have to raid Otto as much as you can, abus are weak to TC fire by the way. On EP, you can semi because maps are good
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

what you got to know is that usually ottomans players are trash lamers with an insane inflated power, so you got to take advantage of their low skill. So basically raiding them a lot pays off, so build a stable behind your tc and sit with your 5 huss in his base or leave and come back, keep him busy since probably he will be bad at multi tasking.
On another hand, defending with cdbs is the key in this mu, so upgrade your vills in the market when you hit age 2. You can even send pioneer at some point, and shoot the abus with your cdB
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

You don't really beat them. But your best bet against jan abus is either bow cav or cav semi into skirm goons (and cuirs, falcs if you can afford to).

Do the cav semi if you have enough food in base and you think you can afford to age up. If he tries to push you early on you can try to hold with 8 bows + mm + cdbs + huss. If you can stabilize in age 3, you basically won the game, as long as you hit and run with your skirms.
If your food sucks, you will need to try and timing push in colonial. So just try an all in push with xbow cav and upgraded cdbs when you run out of food. Just ship 4 cdbs, then crates, then 8 bows and push. Ship as many crates as you can before being out of food, best crates here being 700w 600w and 700g. You can even call mm when you push if you still have them.

Btw, always focus tc fire on abus guns if otto comes in your base. You will kill them in 2 shots even though they're expensive as fuck, also they're scary so you want to snipe them if possible. Also if otto food sucks you can try to raid him a bit.

If he doesn't go jan abus, then he most likely goes jan rush or ff. You need to scout more.
If you see a tower +200g age up, it's always a ff, so just ff yourself,4 cdb/700w for example, and go skirm goons
If you see 400w it can be jan rush, jan abus, or more greedy ff from otto. So you need to scout his first shipment as well as the forward base. If there is a fb it obviously isn't an ff, but it could be either jan abus or jan rush. Either way he will start jans so if you don't want to take risks you can just start crossbows. If he ships 700w (or sometimes 700g) first it's jan abus, if he ships 5 jans (or sometimes 700f) it's a jan rush. Against jan rush, you can go simple rax xbows and ship 8, or double rax using wood crates to spam. You will need to mix huss later if he stays colo, or to age up if he also does.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well this is kinda old meta and imo it's not so good, musketeers are bad against jan abus. He was able to crush at the end because masterchif trapped himself in the corner of the map and didn't hit and run, but otherwise otto would probs win (provided he doesn't lose so many vils to raids as well ofc). The 700w start was kinda useless, it didn't bring anything to france, and double rax + stable is just too much, you want to go a bit heavy on huss anyway so you don't need double rax. And 700f is a bad shipment.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I agree but there is still something to learn about this mu from this video (if they go jannisary abus guns they will have a hard time defending against the raids, if you take a decent trade during a fight using cdb they won't be able to remass because your eco is better and they ran out of shipments)
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Rikikipu wrote:usually ottomans players are trash lamers with an insane inflated power

words of wisdom
No Flag zosgan
Musketeer
ESO: Zosgan

Post by zosgan »

All time i go musk huss
قحاب ويييييييييييييي نتوما قحاب فلبرلمان دلقحاب