1h game with France lost vs Iro - tips?

Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

1h game with France lost vs Iro - tips?

Post by Mameluke »

Hey guys, I just lost a 1h game with France against Iro (PR 25) on Mongolia, at one point I was almost winning but the problem is he had 4 tp's and could stabilize again because this map is so huge...it was hard for me to finish him off...he had the score lead until I finally got age 4 after 40 mins or so when the score was almost even. I needed all age 4 upgrades on my units so I needed some more time to get them and meanwhile we had smaller fights here and there so it took a while to do so. I made Skirms, Goons and Cuirassiers only. At the final fight his 3 native tp's with Elephants and so on won the game I guess, his army was way too huge...I think to really give me tips for that game you have to see it first (dont have record), but are there any tips you could give me without seeing it? I appreciate it. Thank you. : )
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Re: 1h game with France lost vs Iro - tips?

Post by Mameluke »

:/
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon
ESO: LONE_WOLF123

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

Mameluke wrote:Hey guys, I just lost a 1h game with France against Iro (PR 25) on Mongolia, at one point I was almost winning but the problem is he had 4 tp's and could stabilize again because this map is so huge...it was hard for me to finish him off...he had the score lead until I finally got age 4 after 40 mins or so when the score was almost even. I needed all age 4 upgrades on my units so I needed some more time to get them and meanwhile we had smaller fights here and there so it took a while to do so. I made Skirms, Goons and Cuirassiers only. At the final fight his 3 native tp's with Elephants and so on won the game I guess, his army was way too huge...I think to really give me tips for that game you have to see it first (dont have record), but are there any tips you could give me without seeing it? I appreciate it. Thank you. : )

how much vills had you? did you make walls? had you cannons on the field?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

France late-game (tr here rofl) should consist of skirm, gend, and HA. You should have a few culv as well.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

LONEWOLF123 wrote:
Mameluke wrote:Hey guys, I just lost a 1h game with France against Iro (PR 25) on Mongolia, at one point I was almost winning but the problem is he had 4 tp's and could stabilize again because this map is so huge...it was hard for me to finish him off...he had the score lead until I finally got age 4 after 40 mins or so when the score was almost even. I needed all age 4 upgrades on my units so I needed some more time to get them and meanwhile we had smaller fights here and there so it took a while to do so. I made Skirms, Goons and Cuirassiers only. At the final fight his 3 native tp's with Elephants and so on won the game I guess, his army was way too huge...I think to really give me tips for that game you have to see it first (dont have record), but are there any tips you could give me without seeing it? I appreciate it. Thank you. : )

how much vills had you? did you make walls? had you cannons on the field?

0 canons and no walls (well I had an unnecessary wall to prevent raids)
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:France late-game (tr here rofl) should consist of skirm, gend, and HA. You should have a few culv as well.

he had no artillery why culv, you mean falcs? maybe that wouldve helped if i massed anticav (for those 20 elephants) plus falcs
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

If you let your opponent sit on four TPs for a long period, you are bound to lose regardless of the match up. You either need to attack the TP-line, or go straight for the base. As France vs Iroquois your strongest moment is when you have your two falconets together with the rest of your army. In most cases you probably go for a fortress timing, but if your opppnent goes full boom like this a colonial push probably works as well.
Pay more attention to detail.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Mameluke wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:France late-game (tr here rofl) should consist of skirm, gend, and HA. You should have a few culv as well.

he had no artillery why culv, you mean falcs? maybe that wouldve helped if i massed anticav (for those 20 elephants) plus falcs

No,
France has the best late-game composition. Your skirms are better, your economy should be better, and gendarmes are insane. Horse artillery > falconets. Culverins are to deal with his Light Cannon, which are reduced in range compared to Culv, but can still 2-shot your HA.

Skirms can deal with enemy Heavy Infantry and Ranged Cavalry and Gendarmes can deal with enemy Cavalry and Ranged Infantry. Horse Artillery is there to make it much more effective - you will have more economy and more population to assist you. It's very hard to deal with France late-game unless you are Britain / Japan / Spain. Iroquois lack decent late-game anti-cav to deal with Gendarmes. The counter you should use in the game is not necessarily the real counter. For instance a lancer unit - such as the Naginata or Lancer will be crippled by Hussar, likewise Ranged Infantry can die to a superior mass of Heavy Infantry - even though they are a counter.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

You are overestimating the eco you have in a normal supremacy game after 40 minutes, Jakey. It is absolutely nowhere near that of a treaty game. You will probably not even be in Imperial Age.
Pay more attention to detail.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

Gendarme wrote:You are overestimating the eco you have in a normal supremacy game after 40 minutes, Jakey. It is absolutely nowhere near that of a treaty game. You will probably not even be in Imperial Age.

well I was far away from Imperial Age still after 1h but I lost some vills from time to time too (and he did also)
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I don't think artillery is really needed in this case. Just go gend/skirm, and send groups of 5 gends around the map to raid.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Papist oos
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Even if sup games take longer than 1 hour the fights are completely different to treaty
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

"completely different" is a vast overstatement
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Cometk wrote:"completely different" is a vast overstatement

No, in tr its just a steady flow of units in one area usually. In sup its like one big fight, then it takes some time to remass, raiding here and there etc