India VS Germany

European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

India VS Germany

Post by Asateo »

I mainly play india and I'm having some problems with germany.

Being occupied with his raids, it's difficult to prevent the german to go to fortress. Then I follow but end up with a colonial army ( don't have time to get all the upgrades.
I've been thinking to fight colonial vs fortress (I don't have the resources/time usually to upgrade myself). At least that would give me 2000+ resources to spend on units.
Or just go for a ff myself from the start (knowing that's what germany usually does).

Anyone any ideas?
Thx
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: India VS Germany

Post by tedere12 »

usually you rush and then mass for a timing push with sepoy sowar or gurka zamb
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Early game is crucial against a civ like Germany. You want to rush early and get some damage done, possibly delay them to age 3, and so on. Herd from the early game and have hunts right under tc since uhlans are high dps raiders and a small walking distance is important to save vilis. Use sentries to defend raids if they get too out of hand or you see that he is sending 5+ cav into your base which means he'd rather raid than defend your rush. You also have those two early sepoy from Agra age up to help defend against early 2 cav raid but then you want to get those forward for your rush

Edit: if you go for rush or pressure and the German player gets you to pull back entire army to your base to defend raids then you've pretty much let them get to fortress for free so sentries are pretty important here imo
De Funk
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Just make sepoy and hope that german guy misplays. And attack move a lot
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon
ESO: LONE_WOLF123

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

Asateo wrote:I mainly play india and I'm having some problems with germany.

Being occupied with his raids, it's difficult to prevent the german to go to fortress. Then I follow but end up with a colonial army ( don't have time to get all the upgrades.
I've been thinking to fight colonial vs fortress (I don't have the resources/time usually to upgrade myself). At least that would give me 2000+ resources to spend on units.
Or just go for a ff myself from the start (knowing that's what germany usually does).

Anyone any ideas?
Thx

best anti raid strategy is a very risky strategy : fishing boats
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

1. Sepoy rush, and call sentry asap to delay his raiding.
2. Karni mata age 2, mass zamburak and add sowar/gardener.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you go karni and make zambs, ger will easily scout it and go naked ff. They can ship skirms in base and camp, or ship br, and either way just win.
Sepoy rush should lose to germany on most maps, but it's still the best way to play the match up imo, just because it's not easy to defend a sepoy rush and ger guy can make mistakes
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

fei123456 wrote:1. Sepoy rush, and call sentry asap to delay his raiding.

You mean, before he even got there?
Hadn't thought of that. You can be sure he'll come anyway. ^_^

K so it's a difficult matchup, but sepoy rush is the way to go.
Thx
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

When you see the uhlans in your base, call sentry asap
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Well, its really hard to play this matchup. Because it always remains as Germany favored. A Sepoy rush will be standard than anything. Its true that india gets hurted so much when raided, I used to have most of my hunts herded near my Agra for this particular reason. Remember, that you do not only place your Agra fort to do a aggressive play. After a successful rush(killing atleast like 2-3 sw), keeping him under pressure, you can change your fate by doing a perfect zamb sowar/gardener gurk timing.
oranges.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Its a fairly hopeless matchup for india, and in my opinion it is arguably one of the most imbalanced matchups on the EP. If you are mostly playing quicksearch, I would do a forward agra with a timing and then just try to contain him and hope he got mine screwed.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I feel like its pretty even
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Lol i remember that in 2015 spring championship (RE), india beats germany many times
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

India has chance for sure, but people listened too much the new meta things of ff and booming they forgot rush which is the best tactic in lot of cases.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

It is a pretty shitty MU, but its harder to play from the german side so it makes somewhat sense
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

India can press earlier which is pretty much hard for germany to hold. Germany just doesn't have other chance than semi ff with holding the rush,
For the balanced maps germany is favourable but when the map is screwed india should just win...
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

If india rushes, germany can defend ok (8 bows+5 trained+4 uhlan+mm+tc fire is quite good) and now has enough res close by to not die from the contain. If india does consulate timing, germany can raid effectively enough to delay the push or idle villagers long enough to reduce india's mass significantly. If india decides to play defensively, germany can just straight ff and win because they are up to fortress like 2 minutes earlier and their mass is so much larger for quite a while.

The ways I have seen india win this matchup are usually with some sort of rush, which works decently on quicksearch and RE maps, and can be effective at lower levels on both RE and EP. However, on the modern EP with modern EP maps (the balanced ones only of course), I have seen germany consistently win if they have a TP, and still do quite well even without one.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Flail rush works vs Germany for me :!:
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Darwin_ wrote:If india rushes, germany can defend ok (8 bows+5 trained+4 uhlan+mm+tc fire is quite good) and now has enough res close by to not die from the contain. If india does consulate timing, germany can raid effectively enough to delay the push or idle villagers long enough to reduce india's mass significantly. If india decides to play defensively, germany can just straight ff and win because they are up to fortress like 2 minutes earlier and their mass is so much larger for quite a while.

The ways I have seen india win this matchup are usually with some sort of rush, which works decently on quicksearch and RE maps, and can be effective at lower levels on both RE and EP. However, on the modern EP with modern EP maps (the balanced ones only of course), I have seen germany consistently win if they have a TP, and still do quite well even without one.

it's not that easy.
8xbow can hold the 1st batch of sepoy, but it's hard for german to hold the following pressure with sowar/gardener/tiger claw and mass sepoy. and if you start with rax you will have only 2 uhlan to raid, which doesn't really hurt india too much.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I like how mitoe used to play it. Full boom with forward agra and ghurka zamb in age 2 @Mitoe
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Kaiserklein wrote:If you go karni and make zambs, ger will easily scout it and go naked ff. They can ship skirms in base and camp, or ship br, and either way just win.
Sepoy rush should lose to germany on most maps, but it's still the best way to play the match up imo, just because it's not easy to defend a sepoy rush and ger guy can make mistakes

Well sure you can sepoy rush, but then assuming that you get good damage in with the rush, what is your follow up? Power in Colonial? Go fortress?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

India vs germany is kinda very unwinnable for India. Now much India can do vs a bow semi.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

kami_ryu wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:If you go karni and make zambs, ger will easily scout it and go naked ff. They can ship skirms in base and camp, or ship br, and either way just win.

Well sure you can sepoy rush, but then assuming that you get good damage in with the rush, what is your follow up? Power in Colonial? Go fortress?

If you did good damage pretty much anything should do. The thing is a good germany won't let you do any damage.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ez win for indiaaaattack move