Need help with civ matchups

Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher
ESO: Gafur

Need help with civ matchups

Post by Gafur »

Im havin bad times in 1v1s. Because i dont know what to do everytime. Like i dont know when to attack what cards to send or what to do in general. Im Brit i always use Brit. And i need help for matchups. Is there a site or something that i can look for 1v1 help ? Like what Brit should do against Port etc.. Sry for grammar mistakes if i did. Re patch. Thanks ! :biggrin:
mentally healthy
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Re: Need help with civ matchups

Post by j_t_kirk »

The "Goodspeed's Guide 2010" discribes all possible MU.

http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10098
ImageImageImage
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

brit should play age2 vs port imo, heavy lb composition timing push, and some pike/hussar. Port has a hard time doing cav switch because their eco is not good enough to produce many hussars let alone getting their vet upgrade and their only cav shipment is mamelukes which costs 1k gold. You can also try to ageup and push with cannons but I think that you are giving ports too much time that way and they might be able to hold. do something like 700w 600w 5 vill/700g and 6 longbows.
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher

Post by Gafur »

j_t_kirk wrote:The "Goodspeed's Guide 2010" discribes all possible MU.

http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10098

I LOVE YOU

tedere12 wrote:brit should play age2 vs port imo, heavy lb composition timing push, and some pike/hussar. Port has a hard time doing cav switch because their eco is not good enough to produce many hussars let alone getting their vet upgrade and their only cav shipment is mamelukes which costs 1k gold. You can also try to ageup and push with cannons but I think that you are giving ports too much time that way and they might be able to hold. do something like 700w 600w 5 vill/700g and 6 longbows.

thx for the tip man. I was talkin civs in general but yeah i think i never defeat port in 1v1 :P Cuz u know. Dont know when to attack. Thanks again!
mentally healthy
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

thats really nice I was searching something like that as well!
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

its on a different patch and its outdated, better is to search on these forums for old topics about MUs
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

to be honest this could be updated fairly easy if the community worked together, just have 1 top player cover 2 or 3 civs and it would be updated very fast and with not more than 1 hour work for each player.
Like I could do France and dutch . Kaiserklein could do ger and ports, umeu could do spain iro and sioux, Diarouga could do aztecs , cossack could do india. anyone could do otto and russia I guess and mitoe could do british. Not sure who would do japan.

I ve never read the whole guide and just skimmed through it but from what ive seen its mostly the mu table that needs a rework and most civs need a semi ff build which are completly missing in the guide, but the strats goodspeed presents are still viable in theory.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@lordraphael wonders: Not sure who would do japan. Maybe the mighty @Zutazuta himself??

Good idea btw :flowers:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

well mitoe did german
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher

Post by Gafur »

lordraphael wrote:to be honest this could be updated fairly easy if the community worked together, just have 1 top player cover 2 or 3 civs and it would be updated very fast and with not more than 1 hour work for each player.
Like I could do France and dutch . Kaiserklein could do ger and ports, umeu could do spain iro and sioux, Diarouga could do aztecs , cossack could do india. anyone could do otto and russia I guess and mitoe could do british. Not sure who would do japan.

I ve never read the whole guide and just skimmed through it but from what ive seen its mostly the mu table that needs a rework and most civs need a semi ff build which are completly missing in the guide, but the strats goodspeed presents are still viable in theory.

u described my dream
mentally healthy
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

tedere12 wrote:well mitoe did german

ye but a lot more detailed than goodspeeds guide. My idea is that you keep the way goodspeed presents the civs and just update and extend where its necessary. GS guide is a very basic overview for civs. You could write a lot more about each civs and the indivudual mus. My fre vs Ger guide is probably as long as the entire French section of GS guide, which is ok because GS wants to present all civs and its basically aimed towards newer players maybe within the 10- 30 range, whereas I tried to cover a much bigger pr range.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

You forgot me @lordraphael Which civ am I going to do? :D

Seriously it would be really nice!!!!!!!! I thank all in advance if youre going to do that. :flowers:
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Mameluke wrote:You forgot me @lordraphael Which civ am I going to do? :D

persia
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

What if we had a separate discussion thread for every matchup?
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

lordraphael wrote:
tedere12 wrote:well mitoe did german

ye but a lot more detailed than goodspeeds guide. My idea is that you keep the way goodspeed presents the civs and just update and extend where its necessary. GS guide is a very basic overview for civs. You could write a lot more about each civs and the indivudual mus. My fre vs Ger guide is probably as long as the entire French section of GS guide, which is ok because GS wants to present all civs and its basically aimed towards newer players maybe within the 10- 30 range, whereas I tried to cover a much bigger pr range.

We should definitely do it. I'm willing to contribute where necessary if others are.

In addition to the basic overview we could include links to other guides for those who are interested in those sections, for those who need or want more detail.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Australia ChoppeR
Crossbow
ESO: ChoppeR

Post by ChoppeR »

This would be really appreciated by the community.
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

SoL_The_Crusher wrote:This would be really appreciated by the community.

+1
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think in the end such a good is both way too much work aswell as that theres not nearly enough agreement between players what works and what doesnt. Thatd be why such a guide does not exist.
South Africa xhuggels
Crossbow

Post by xhuggels »

yeah imo its already there. Go to strategy wall. Most of the top players has written at least 1 guide on their favorite civ(s) , and some of them go in great detail when it comes to MU's too.

But also understand that some MU's are just a bad MU for you, and that the only way around it is to just play better than your opponent lol, and if you cant, you cant. In the end Micro is the best strat for every civ. Those who do it better win more games(which is most definately not me :cry: )