Indian Starter Pack for the Beginner Elifent

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Indian Starter Pack for the Beginner Elifent

Post by Gendarme »

Isn't 1 grizzly 40w extremely common? Cascade Range, anyone?
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Oh, right, like I said, a hole in the memory :biggrin:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

nice guide.

but how is defensive agra good in a mirror? the other guy just does that same thing with map control agra and then you lose.

also consulate rush is bad vs sioux. 10/10 is much more effective. i don't see why you wouldnt endorse it except for snobbish reasons...

also pro tip, make a tp in transition (or in age1 with 400w). you can always do this, and it will mean you get 4 sepoys instead of 5, but you will also get your shipments much faster after each other.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

umeu wrote:nice guide.

but how is defensive agra good in a mirror? the other guy just does that same thing with map control agra and then you lose.

also consulate rush is bad vs sioux. 10/10 is much more effective. i don't see why you wouldnt endorse it except for snobbish reasons...

also pro tip, make a tp in transition (or in age1 with 400w). you can always do this, and it will mean you get 4 sepoys instead of 5, but you will also get your shipments much faster after each other.

Defensive agra is fine, so is offensive agra. I don't really feel any of my Indian mirrors have been decided by map control, you can do what you want here.

There's a difference between not endorsing a strategy and calling a strategy bad, I'm not the snobbish one here. :lol:
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

umeu wrote:also pro tip, make a tp in transition (or in age1 with 400w). you can always do this, and it will mean you get 4 sepoys instead of 5, but you will also get your shipments much faster after each other.

TP with 400 wood start I do, but when do you get market techs if you chop for TP in age 1?
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

you can build a "50% defensive" agra in mirror
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

umeu wrote:also pro tip, make a tp in transition

the eternal dilema of tp or market in transition as india

I usually favor TP, and I see a few players doing the same, while h20/cossack are on the market side.

Would be nice to see some high level tought on each option.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

WickedCossack wrote:
umeu wrote:nice guide.

Defensive agra is fine, so is offensive agra. I don't really feel any of my Indian mirrors have been decided by map control, you can do what you want here.

There's a difference between not endorsing a strategy and calling a strategy bad, I'm not the snobbish one here. :lol:

so why would you not endorse it? it's not like its morally wrong or something lol
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Asateo wrote:[quote="umeu"also pro tip, make a tp in transition (or in age1 with 400w). you can always do this, and it will mean you get 4 sepoys instead of 5, but you will also get your shipments much faster after each other.

TP with 400 wood start I do, but when do you get market techs if you chop for TP in age 1?[/quote]

in transition you can get market first tier.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lemmings121 wrote:

I usually favor TP, and I see a few players doing the same, while h20/cossack are on the market side.

you can do both.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

umeu wrote:
so why would you not endorse it? it's not like its morally wrong or something lol

I don't think it's a good strategy, but I don't think it's bad either. Tit building a career off it proves that. 8-)
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

umeu wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

you can do both.

good insight, every decision from now on will be guided by this.

:hehe:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Is taj ff ever good? cease fire can buy u aging time (and give you walling time)
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

umeu wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

you can do both.

you mean either option is fine or that you can get both TP and market during transit? I find it hard to squeeze in the market
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

you can get both in transtion.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

noissance wrote:Is taj ff ever good? cease fire can buy u aging time (and give you walling time)

It can be. In some matchups where all you need is time (e.g. Ottomans), it can be good. Even in other matchups though, you can use it to get your urumi or mahouts on top of your opponent's army without fear of being kited.

Taj Mahal gives you more tactical options in early-mid Fortress, whereas the Tower of Victory gives you slightly more resources (800w vs 800c), and gets stronger the longer the game goes and the bigger your armies get.

Not to mention if you have no gold mines the 800c might be nice.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Is euro trash cannon (ship range+5 atk+20%) better than warship combat? If I can put only one of them in my deck, I would pick the former one.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

fei123456 wrote:Is euro trash cannon (ship range+5 atk+20%) better than warship combat? If I can put only one of them in my deck, I would pick the former one.

Ah yea this was something that started spreading around a year ago that the range card is way better than warship combat. I don't think so, at least not for India. I'm usually fighting warship vs warship in which case warship combat is just straight up better. You can be down first volley and still win. Only issue is if you get one shotted by 5 caravels but that shouldn't happen, you should always be skirmishing with small caravel numbers anyway back and forth. By the time big fleets start engaging big fleets I'd have the range card sent anyways when it does actually become useful.

Ofc if you're playing against a pure land civ and just want to abuse water but only want to take one card then you can take the range one as it offers support to the land fights.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I fail to find the rant on how significantly worse ur age up is with coin crate start :coin:
But otherwise grt guide!
:ugeek:
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

umeu wrote:you can get both in transtion.

Write an iro guide plz :smile:
Though it's a "lame" civ, it only acts as a "strong" civ, rather than a lame one, in many players' hands (including me)
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Generally I send 3/4 villagers to build a forward agra or even in base karni.

Under what circumstances (if any) should you build with 4 vils?
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

what about getting a consulate instead to ship 300export first and getting marketups from 600w?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tedere12 wrote:

what about getting a consulate instead to ship 300export first and getting marketups from 600w?

Yea thatswhat i prefer as well, but i dont send 600w. I send export trickle
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Sometimes in team games (and 1v1 too) I do forward agra with consulate in transition. I do 300 export first, get french cons and immediatly send 500w, then 500c asap. With the 500w I lay down an extra rax with my fort as well as a market, a house, and the first two hunting ups (normally delay first batch of sepoy). I put most of my vills on food, then mass hard once the 500c comes. After the 300e I do wood trickle and continue to mass sepoy. Essentially the build (which is really only optimal in team games) is a consulate rush with a 45-60 second later push, but seems to me to be far less all-in and with way more eco and re-mass ability behind it. After fre cons I normally switch to otto and wait for enough export for vills, but sometimes I do brit if I probably wont age for awhile.

I also do essentially the same build, but as a semi-ff in 1v1. I either do a defensive agra or a karni (karni is nice because you can get a TP in transition instead, and just use the res to lay down your consulate), and do the same build, except only making 1 or 2 batches of sepoy, then age quickly after it with either the gates or the tower. Its like a 9ish minute semi if you do just one batch of sepoy, and is pretty fast and seems to be a nice compromise in speed and eco.

Also, IMO, TP is better than market in transition as it is about 3-4 vills for india because of the extra villager with each shipment.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Well one of the cool things about India is that there's so many different ways you can play the civ and add little nuances to each strategy which is why everyone always has so many opinions on how to play with them.