You Can't Out-Scale Japan - Stop Trying

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: You Can't Out-Scale Japan - Stop Trying

Post by Garja »

Jap units are all above par which compensates the marginally inferior eco in terms of better trades. In a supremacy game it takes forever to prove the point that Jap late eco is inferior.
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

tedere12 wrote:
pecelot wrote:Even vs Ashigaru? :huh:

japan has probably the weakest lategame tbh. they have a lot of upgrades but their units are nothing special and they lack culverins, if you manage to max out vills and are not very behind In army or one age behind you probably won

Really? Then why is it banned in treaty and basically any other game-mode involving late game? And here, the guy always picks a semi-treaty deck, whereas I wasn't aware of that in time and had to pick a regular one.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

pecelot wrote:
tedere12 wrote:
pecelot wrote:Even vs Ashigaru? :huh:

japan has probably the weakest lategame tbh. they have a lot of upgrades but their units are nothing special and they lack culverins, if you manage to max out vills and are not very behind In army or one age behind you probably won

Really? Then why is it banned in treaty and basically any other game-mode involving late game? And here, the guy always picks a semi-treaty deck, whereas I wasn't aware of that in time and had to pick a regular one.

On RE patch, treaty japan is not a top civ, its their damyios run which makes them "lame" as they can try to get in the base and spawn mortarus
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Hm, I might have to reevaluate this statement. In that game I also lost my factories silly and in the end just ran out of wood, my ratio was actually pretty decent:

Raiding Ashis were a threat, too, kind of tough to deal with. But I guess wall spam may have been more utilised.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yeah without walling japan can run around your base for ever, you have to wall and pressure really hard his base with mortars culverin army (because he goes for advanced buildings card). there is a game aiz vs boneng where boneng was just running with ashi and when aiz stabilized he just won