What to do as german

No Flag Pride
Crossbow
ESO: i_have_pride

What to do as german

Post by Pride »

Hi everyone!
i felt in love for germany, their timings, combos, UHLANS, are very beautiful instead im having problems against some civs like:

India
Japan
IRO
Ports

i want to know what to do in these MU
thanks a lot !
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: What to do as german

Post by tedere12 »

No Flag Pride
Crossbow

Post by Pride »

tedere12 wrote:http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8101

Nothing about Japan,Iro and ports :sad:
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

as a german you mostly ride nazi robot unicorns, threaten others with frozen sausages and stuff yourself with sauerkraut.

I hope that didn't answer your question because if it did your question was badly phrased
4/10 sorry for shitpost
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

jesus3 wrote:as a german you mostly ride nazi robot unicorns, threaten others with frozen sausages and stuff yourself with sauerkraut.

I hope that didn't answer your question because if it did your question was badly phrased
4/10 sorry for shitpost

sinner
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher

Post by saveyourskill »

For RE patch or ep?
If RE patch against Iro you should make around 2-4 layers of walls. Make some xbows and raid with the uhlans. Send the CM card or team town center attack card if needed. And try to age and merc lame as native civs have nothing against mercs. Plus RE maps don't have much hunts anyways and a good amount of the maps have a good amount of coin mines. Or just make regular German units after you age if you can. I think you can do water as well since Iro doesn't have anything to beat euro warships till age 4.
And we all know Iro is balanced so are warships too then.
Got Badger Milk?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

VS Japan all you need to do is go Uhlan Skirm.

Maybe a stagecoach probably if you need a bit more eco but really uhlan skirm is hella dapper

Maybe seeing as you 10 pike ff or whatever tf ship 2 falcs early and push with that. Japan is a big pooper when contending with artillery in colonial
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:VS Japan all you need to do is go Uhlan Skirm.

Maybe a stagecoach probably if you need a bit more eco but really uhlan skirm is hella dapper

Maybe seeing as you 10 pike ff or whatever tf ship 2 falcs early and push with that. Japan is a big pooper when contending with artillery in colonial

Germany has no 2 Falc shipment

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

aligator92 wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:VS Japan all you need to do is go Uhlan Skirm.

Germany has no 2 Falc shipment

push on like something else then. Japan has a pretty hard time with uhlan skirm :P maybe push on 3 ww + uhlan
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

So I'll assume here that you're playing on the RE patch.

Iro is the best civ. It's super lame and should beat every other civ, including germany, especially on shit RE maps. However, germany is one of the civs that do best against iro.
There's basically 2 ways this match up can go:

- He tries to rush you and force a colonial game. Germany won't be able to age up, because iro rush is way too hard to hold. So you will need to play with colonial xbow/cav (and a few dops if iro adds cav), and somehow hit a timing to break his warhut(s). BO should be something like (8 bows/) 3 sw / crates / units. 8 bows first is against hard rush, 3 sw otherwise. Then just ship as many crates you can, as long as you have resources in your base. This way, you use your superior eco for as long as you can, before needing to push out for resources. The best crates for you to ship are 700w (always), 600w (if you want more bows), 700g (if you want more dop/cav); then 600g/700f. When you start to run out of resources, ship units (8 bows if you still have them, 3 dops otherwise) and push. This push will most likely decide whether you win the game or not.

- He goes for some kind of fortress play. If he places his warhut in base for some reason, it's pretty obvious that he's gonna age up, so you can naked ff (3sw/700w and gather all for age up, or 3sw/700g if you had a TP start), or at least cav semi (3 sw/700w/700g), though I doubt uhlans will do much against a warhut, warchief and potentially the tc big button (5 tomas). If he places his warhut forward, it's harder to know what he's doing. But one big hint is the age up: usually, a fast age up means a rush, and a slow age up (wise woman, 200f 100g 100w) means a (semi-)ff, because the iro guy then keeps the fast age up for age 3. So if you see a slow age, you can usually just cav start and be fine. Add a rax if needed, to hold in colonial, or even ship 8 bows or 3 dops. Raid with your uhlans, and you can try to burn down his warhut with 10+ uhlans if he pushes your TP, or burn his own TP, for example. Anyway, try to age up as soon as you feel safe. In age 3, go heavy on skirm/uhlan. If he did that toma + 4 kanyas semi, mix a few wws, because he will be more likely to start with a toma/kanya (= musk/cav) composition in fortress. Be careful of iro's great fortress kanya shipments. If you ever come to the point where you can afford to ship them, I think jaegers are great against iro, because after the 6/5 kanya shipments, it's usually hard for them to mass kanyas, as they cost a lot of wood, and they also have no falcs.

India is kind of scary because of your shit resources (not nearly as scary as iro though) on RE maps. They will usually just go for that stupid 12 sepoys rush. But it's a good match up for germany, provided that you have a TP map and decent in-base resources. Try to abuse the fact that their age 1 explorers are weak: melee mode them with your own explo every time you can, crackshot some big treasure guardians (especially polar bears), knowing that india won't be able to steal the treasure fast, etc. Then, most importantly: scout them. It's probably the easiest civ to scout. No way you can miss that big agra fort in the middle of the map. And by looking at it, and at how many vils are around it, you know if india is gonna hard rush or not. If it's going up really early, then it's probably a 10/10 age up, which means fast rush and low eco. Same if he puts like 3-4 vils on it; he's sacrificing resources for a faster rush. Otherwise, if it goes up quite slowly, the rush won't be too hard. Then, if for some reason you don't find anything in the middle of the map, go to his base. You can find either a defensive agra fort, or a karni mata. Karni is greedier than agra.

Against the fast rush, just play it safe and ship 8 bows first, and get another 5 bows from a rax. Even if india plays it cheeky and ships 4 sowars first, you should be fine in your base, with 2 uhlans 13 bows and vils to shield + tc fire. Then go for 3sw / (700w /) 700g, with a few pikes/dops and some more bows. You should be able to defend the rush and age up. Then probably ship 8 skirms first, unless he has a large enough mass, in which case you will ship 3 ww.
Against the slower rush, do the same but without 8 bows first. Just 3 sw/700w/700g.

Against in-base agra, I would just go for naked ff. You won't be able to raid him because of 2 sepoys + agra + anti-cav mm, so just do that naked ff like against defensive iro.
Against in-base karni, you can also go naked ff. If he has a stable up, uhlans will be useless anyway, because of zambs. However, if he starts rax, or goes naked ff himself, you can go cav semi I guess. Can also probably try to get a stagecoach on some maps.

Against japan, I would always go naked ff. 3 sw/700w, or you can do 3 sw/700g with early tp, and just pressure his base fast in early fortress, usually with 8 skirms. Can ship 1000w after that pressure, especially if you didn't ship 700w, to get your stuff up (can also get 5 pikes from those, for the shrines).
However, always scout his consulate. Make sure he is going for that port consulate shrine boom. Because if he's skipping the consulate, he might go for something cheesy, like that torii age up or a club rush. Then just defend with crossbows, just like you would do against india sepoy rush, and hold easily and age up.
Also, if you're playing on a no tp map, you should probably try to rush him with some xbow pike build order. Can be tower rush or normal stuff. Shouldn't work though.

Against ports, it's just very easy for germany. You usually just go for the standard cav semi. The goal is to force him into placing his 3rd tc in his base, thus denying mapcontrol. You can sometimes even burn that tc down, if he doesn't pay enough attention. Your uhlans can also idle/raid him, and burn his tp. The BO is 3 sw/700w/700g. However, if port goes musks semi, you can also go naked ff. Your uhlans might indeed not be able to do much if he defends with 10+ musks. Naked ff is then clever (though cav semi anyway wins the match up), because he won't be able to do anything with his musks, and you'll pressure him really hard in early fortress. So just try to scout if he starts with rax or stable (or if he goes naked ff) and decide what you do.
Ah, and if it's a heavy water map... Well, hope that you can get a stagecoach, and push his shore tc in fortress with your land mass + a frigate shipment for example, and later mix a dock and/or an art foundry from 1000w. If it's a no tp AND water map though, you might as well just resign.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Kaiserklein wrote:- He tries to rush you and force a colonial game. Germany won't be able to age up, because iro rush is way too hard to hold.

Naked FF with a tower+8 xbow should work? Iro rush is scary, but they don't have a good sieging ability.
Reaching age 3 doesnt mean a victory, though.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah you can age up if you try hard like this, I mean you could also send CM or that tc card... But in the end you waste a card and iro can just take the full map, destroy your TP and get a stagecoach, age up himself etc.
For example, if you go for tower + 8 bows naked ff:
- You invest 250w into a tower;
- You need to send 700g to age up, but also 8 bows, so you cut 3 sw = 6 vils lost;
- You give away the whole mapcontrol;
- You don't have any infrastructures up;
- You're idled and probably don't even age up really fast.

In the end iro can just get stagecoach and semi ff and shit on this
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah you can age up if you try hard like this, I mean you could also send CM or that tc card... But in the end you waste a card and iro can just take the full map, destroy your TP and get a stagecoach, age up himself etc.
- You need to send 700g to age up, but also 8 bows, so you cut 3 sw = 6 vils lost;

Real life < esoc posts :mad:
shit juice :hmm:

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

queenofdestiny wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah you can age up if you try hard like this, I mean you could also send CM or that tc card... But in the end you waste a card and iro can just take the full map, destroy your TP and get a stagecoach, age up himself etc.

Real life < esoc posts :mad:
Attachments
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

damm @Kaiserklein great post.

almost made me reinstall aoe to play german in qs
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

CM is probably the worst card to send against iroquois.
Aennas or Tomahawks still dies in two shots after CM is sent.
That's one of the reason that makes the iroquois rush imba btw, CM kinda doesn't affect the rush.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

Rikikipu wrote:CM is probably the worst card to send against iroquois.
Aennas or Tomahawks still dies in two shots after CM is sent.
That's one of the reason that makes the iroquois rush imba btw, CM kinda doesn't affect the rush.

TIL
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

but on esoc maps, if you have enough food and 2*2000 mine in base, you don't need to worry about iro taking the full map: they're not brit/japan.
stagecoach is a problem, but it's not available on many maps (florida, kamchatka etc). your TC can help you control 1-2 TPs.
(aha why do i discuss RE iro on EP maps? lol)
No Flag Pride
Crossbow

Post by Pride »

Kaiserklein wrote:So I'll assume here that you're playing on the RE patch.

Iro is the best civ. It's super lame and should beat every other civ, including germany, especially on shit RE maps. However, germany is one of the civs that do best against iro.
There's basically 2 ways this match up can go:

- He tries to rush you and force a colonial game. Germany won't be able to age up, because iro rush is way too hard to hold. So you will need to play with colonial xbow/cav (and a few dops if iro adds cav), and somehow hit a timing to break his warhut(s). BO should be something like (8 bows/) 3 sw / crates / units. 8 bows first is against hard rush, 3 sw otherwise. Then just ship as many crates you can, as long as you have resources in your base. This way, you use your superior eco for as long as you can, before needing to push out for resources. The best crates for you to ship are 700w (always), 600w (if you want more bows), 700g (if you want more dop/cav); then 600g/700f. When you start to run out of resources, ship units (8 bows if you still have them, 3 dops otherwise) and push. This push will most likely decide whether you win the game or not.

- He goes for some kind of fortress play. If he places his warhut in base for some reason, it's pretty obvious that he's gonna age up, so you can naked ff (3sw/700w and gather all for age up, or 3sw/700g if you had a TP start), or at least cav semi (3 sw/700w/700g), though I doubt uhlans will do much against a warhut, warchief and potentially the tc big button (5 tomas). If he places his warhut forward, it's harder to know what he's doing. But one big hint is the age up: usually, a fast age up means a rush, and a slow age up (wise woman, 200f 100g 100w) means a (semi-)ff, because the iro guy then keeps the fast age up for age 3. So if you see a slow age, you can usually just cav start and be fine. Add a rax if needed, to hold in colonial, or even ship 8 bows or 3 dops. Raid with your uhlans, and you can try to burn down his warhut with 10+ uhlans if he pushes your TP, or burn his own TP, for example. Anyway, try to age up as soon as you feel safe. In age 3, go heavy on skirm/uhlan. If he did that toma + 4 kanyas semi, mix a few wws, because he will be more likely to start with a toma/kanya (= musk/cav) composition in fortress. Be careful of iro's great fortress kanya shipments. If you ever come to the point where you can afford to ship them, I think jaegers are great against iro, because after the 6/5 kanya shipments, it's usually hard for them to mass kanyas, as they cost a lot of wood, and they also have no falcs.

India is kind of scary because of your shit resources (not nearly as scary as iro though) on RE maps. They will usually just go for that stupid 12 sepoys rush. But it's a good match up for germany, provided that you have a TP map and decent in-base resources. Try to abuse the fact that their age 1 explorers are weak: melee mode them with your own explo every time you can, crackshot some big treasure guardians (especially polar bears), knowing that india won't be able to steal the treasure fast, etc. Then, most importantly: scout them. It's probably the easiest civ to scout. No way you can miss that big agra fort in the middle of the map. And by looking at it, and at how many vils are around it, you know if india is gonna hard rush or not. If it's going up really early, then it's probably a 10/10 age up, which means fast rush and low eco. Same if he puts like 3-4 vils on it; he's sacrificing resources for a faster rush. Otherwise, if it goes up quite slowly, the rush won't be too hard. Then, if for some reason you don't find anything in the middle of the map, go to his base. You can find either a defensive agra fort, or a karni mata. Karni is greedier than agra.

Against the fast rush, just play it safe and ship 8 bows first, and get another 5 bows from a rax. Even if india plays it cheeky and ships 4 sowars first, you should be fine in your base, with 2 uhlans 13 bows and vils to shield + tc fire. Then go for 3sw / (700w /) 700g, with a few pikes/dops and some more bows. You should be able to defend the rush and age up. Then probably ship 8 skirms first, unless he has a large enough mass, in which case you will ship 3 ww.
Against the slower rush, do the same but without 8 bows first. Just 3 sw/700w/700g.

Against in-base agra, I would just go for naked ff. You won't be able to raid him because of 2 sepoys + agra + anti-cav mm, so just do that naked ff like against defensive iro.
Against in-base karni, you can also go naked ff. If he has a stable up, uhlans will be useless anyway, because of zambs. However, if he starts rax, or goes naked ff himself, you can go cav semi I guess. Can also probably try to get a stagecoach on some maps.

Against japan, I would always go naked ff. 3 sw/700w, or you can do 3 sw/700g with early tp, and just pressure his base fast in early fortress, usually with 8 skirms. Can ship 1000w after that pressure, especially if you didn't ship 700w, to get your stuff up (can also get 5 pikes from those, for the shrines).
However, always scout his consulate. Make sure he is going for that port consulate shrine boom. Because if he's skipping the consulate, he might go for something cheesy, like that torii age up or a club rush. Then just defend with crossbows, just like you would do against india sepoy rush, and hold easily and age up.
Also, if you're playing on a no tp map, you should probably try to rush him with some xbow pike build order. Can be tower rush or normal stuff. Shouldn't work though.

Against ports, it's just very easy for germany. You usually just go for the standard cav semi. The goal is to force him into placing his 3rd tc in his base, thus denying mapcontrol. You can sometimes even burn that tc down, if he doesn't pay enough attention. Your uhlans can also idle/raid him, and burn his tp. The BO is 3 sw/700w/700g. However, if port goes musks semi, you can also go naked ff. Your uhlans might indeed not be able to do much if he defends with 10+ musks. Naked ff is then clever (though cav semi anyway wins the match up), because he won't be able to do anything with his musks, and you'll pressure him really hard in early fortress. So just try to scout if he starts with rax or stable (or if he goes naked ff) and decide what you do.
Ah, and if it's a heavy water map... Well, hope that you can get a stagecoach, and push his shore tc in fortress with your land mass + a frigate shipment for example, and later mix a dock and/or an art foundry from 1000w. If it's a no tp AND water map though, you might as well just resign.

i will follow it. Thanks a lot for your idea and time :D
No Flag Pride
Crossbow

Post by Pride »

jesus3 wrote:as a german you mostly ride nazi robot unicorns, threaten others with frozen sausages and stuff yourself with sauerkraut.

4/10 sorry for shitpost

srry, basically i want tips to beat iro\ports\japs and india, but Kaiserklein already did it
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

Pride wrote:

4/10 sorry for shitpost

srry, basically i want tips to beat iro\ports\japs and india, but Kaiserklein already did it

lol