A short spain guide

Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

A short spain guide

Post by yemshi »

The Spanish may not necessarily be the best on the Asian Dynasties Patch. They are very unique design wise though and thus I want to give a quick BO and matchup table as a ongoing response to the Thread viewtopic.php?p=261465#p261390.

General Statements:
If you start with 100c just build a house in the majority of all cases.
If it is a 200w start you have some options: either build a TP on a TP map, a market on no TP maps or just a house and save the wood. Depends on the MU.
With 100w just build a house.

Standard ageup is 16v.
First shipment is always 3v.
Always age with the tower and 200c.

Build Orders:
1) The Fast Fortress: Should you start with 100c or 200w save them and age with 15v. Alternatively you can opt to age with 16v and build the TP in age I. With 15v you build the TP in transition. Don't build a market, even with 100c.
First shipment is 3v, followed by 700c, 700w and 8 Pikemen if you opted to go build TP in age I or got a big xp treasure.
Build a barracks and houses and pump out two batches of musks. Don't forget to train dogs with your explorer.
Ideally you age with 4 huss. Age with 8 pikemen if you expect your opponent to pure musk. Send 2 cannons asap and go in for your first push. Start making skirms from your barracks

Optionally you can send 5 huss/4 lancers/12 pikemen and come in with a bigger mass.

2)The Eco Fast Fortress:
Except for the 100w start you build a market or TP according to your starting crates. Age with 16v. Build a TP in transition in order to have either two TP's or one TP and hunting dogs. Don't research placer mines just yet. Send 3v, 700c, 700w, 5v, [x].

3)The ATP build.
No matter what crates just build a house and age with 16v. Second shipment is ATP.
Now gather 360w/ 240w in transition and build TP's.
Now you can decide whether to 700c, 700w, [x] and age directly (cows and good macro help a lot here) or whether to stay in age II for 90 more secs in order to get Stagecoach and basic market ups and few units (preferably only dogs and MM).
In that case gather a bit more wood afterwards, and send 700w, 5v, 700c and age afterwards.

4) piroshiki FF:
Don't ever build a house in age I. If you start with 200w build a TP and send 300w as a second discovery age card. (Prefered). Build the house and a second TP.
If not don't ever gather anything but food. Age with 12/10 vill population. And send 700c, (8 pikemen if with TP's), 700w, 2 cannons. Ram your units in your opponents base asap. Build the tower as aggressively forward as possible. Don't make musks unless vs aztecs. (You don't have the resources).

5) The Sea FF.
Don't build a TP. Market if possible. Age 16v. Second discovery card is schooners.
In transition gather ~320w for a dock and 3 boats. Send 700c, 700w and put a few vills on wood to ensure constant boat trickling.

6) The Sea Boom.

3v, schooners, tower age up, 700w,600w, 700c, (rendering plant).
Gather 320w before 700w arrives and build a dock and three fishing ships.
Build a second dock, get some market upgrades and some musketeers/xbows/dogs and age with the 700c.
Ideally you'd have something like 18 boats and 26ish vills. Not quite enough for a real sea boom but enough to counter the opponent ( who probably just aged as well and has less eco).

If you want some real sea boom just build more docks and walls. Spain's seaboom is not the best as you lose a lot of Spain's strength : the Fast Fortress.

7) The Colonial play.
Age 16v and send 700w, 5v, units, 700c (to age). Build a rax / stable and make a few units, get stagecoach and market upgrades.

Complete MU table.

India There two ways for India in this MU.
One: The late 12 sepoy rush. In this case refer to 1) or to 6).
Two: The Indian FF for veteran sepoys and siege elephants. In that case don't send 2 cannons and be as agressive as possible. See 1)

China: Again two possibilties.
One: the China colonial. In that case refer to 7) or a 15v 1) with walls.
Two: The Chinese FF. 1)

Japan: Only one real possibility.
One: The full musk colonial. Refer to 2), 3), or 4).

Sioux: . Two possibilities for Sioux.
One: The Sioux FF for Rifle Riders. I that case refer to 3) or 6). 4) is optional.
Two: The Colonial. Same options.
Don't send two cannons or age with 8 pikemen. 4 pikemen, 4 xbow age up is optional. Focus on musk/rod in your Colonial and on goon/skirm/rod in your Fortress.

Iroqouis:
Always 1).

Aztec:
Aztec want to fight in a prolonged colonial with lots of coyotes. 2), 6).

Ottomen: They have two options.
One: The FF. In that case: 1)
Two: The Jan Rush: 1)

Dutch: Easy win.
1-5)

Germans: Difficult MU
One: The Blackrider FF. (2SW, 700c, 3SW, BR). Should go 2), 3).
Two: The Uhlan Semi. 2), 3), 6), 7) with huss/rod combo.

Portuguese:
2), 3) ,6) if musk rushed.

British:
1), 6) if musk rushed.

French:
2), 3), 6).

Russians: Two ways for Russians to play this:
One: The Timing Push. 7), 1).
Two: The All In: 6), 1)

Spanish: You should FF.
1), 2).

Note that this table misses a lot of individual freeedom, maps, map balance, and opponents plays. It's a rough idea with what ideas to have in a specific MU. I'd appreciate help and correction from all of you, especially from @Garja and @deleted_user.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Re: A short spain guide

Post by gamevideo113 »

Awesome!
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Pretty nice guide ! I'll be sure to try some strats and bos when I'll get to play.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Added to the Strategy Wall.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

For eco ff i think it should be 5v 700w.

200w start should make tp in age1. Even if you atp. That 80w is worth the xp.

You can also atp ff. Send atp in trans. Build 2 tps for 120w each. 700c to age. Then with 700w make more tps and stagecoach. Send 5v or units if you need.

Theres also the fast ff. Its 15v to colo. 16 or 17v (only if youve had perfect macro and good treasures in age1) to fortress. You should hit age3 at 7:05. While aging you can send CM (vs otto and aztec) or 700w. You can also still send units if you really need.
Vs civs that arent rushing, you can send 700w and church card. Put all vils except 1 on wood and make church + house and gather 1000w in total. When aged up send 2 cannons to forward tower, get 13 halbs for 1000w and siege all their shit. Try to switch into skirs asap after that.

And in all games, always make a lot of war dogs
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

That halb ff is pretty nasty I must say.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

nice stuff, this has also inspired me to do a spain team guide if i can be bothered
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Hazza54321 wrote:nice stuff, this has also inspired me to do a spain team guide if i can be bothered

god no
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
United States of America Sub0Winters
Crossbow
ESO: Sub0Winters

Post by Sub0Winters »

@Hazza54321 you should make a Spain team guide sometime!!! You Spain team play is amazing
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »