Spanish team guide by hazzarov

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Spanish team guide by hazzarov

Post by Hazza54321 »

Spanish team guide
As most people are fully aware, Spain is widely considered the worst team civ on both re and ep. Iā€™d also consider them a worse version of brits (lower eco and less upgrade cards but niche units). Their strength in 1v1 is being fast to age 3 and pushing rather quickly before your opponent can get a good mass or age up themselves. However, this means your teammate(s) are having to fight 1v2/2v3, for the first letā€™s say 7/8mins of the game meaning if you do get to fortress untouched your teammate will have much less eco than what they could potentially have.
Spain can be quite enjoyable even in late game due to unctioned units, and reking your opponentā€™s army over and over is quite satisfying. However, vs smart players and in typical team games, units are spread out everywhere all over the map raiding/dealing with raids, small pushes etcā€¦, so therefore unction isnā€™t that powerful. They also have a very fun and unique unit combo, (rod lancer skirm), and rod skirm is insanely good vs those retards who make 100% goon. Rods with aa are very hard to kite.
This guide will mostly be covering 2v2 but a a lot of my points would be highly considered in 3v3s as there isnā€™t a whole lot of difference.
Deck(land) contents the essentials:
Age1:
3v eco theory
Age 2
5v, 4v, 700f, 700w, 700g, unction, AA, mill up, unit shipment, (6/7 rod 8 pike, depends on the MU e.g. vs Russia id choose 8 pike for the bh sieging, but vs Sioux id choose the rods), cav hp
Age 3:
1000w hand inf combat, hand cav combat, x4 vs inf for lancers, food up, coin up, plant up, 2 falc, 8rod/4lancer
Age 4: factory, factory, 2 heavy cannons
These are what Iā€™d consider the essentials however rum distillery and hand inf hp in age 2 are highly recommended. Also, the unit shipments (apart from 2 falcs) can be removed depending if itā€™s a macro game like Siberia for example.
Deck contents the essential
Age 1:
3v eco theory schooners
Age 2:
5v 700f 700w 700g unction aa 2 caravels improved warships rendering plant (hand inf combat, mill shipment unit shipment, cav hp also optional)
Age 3:
1000w hand inf combat, hand cav combat, x4 vs inf, food up, coin up, frigate, plant up, 2 falc (galleon 50% hp also optional for tanky in sea battles, but also the unit shipments are optional)
Age 4:
Factory, factory, 2heavies
Spain can be good in a few niche match ups that most people donā€™t expect them to have even vs civs that are extremely annoying and sometimes hard to deal with in age 2 when it comes to raiding. Yes Iā€™m talking about Sioux and Germany. Rods are amazing with dealing with both of these civs main units in colonial and Spain is always my go to pick vs Sioux (Spain even have a larger eco than them), most other civs struggle with br raiding.
People also underestimate dogs when holding a rush, which of course is probably the most common strats in team so therefore is important to note. For example, if a Russian is 5coss 10 strel rushing you because he scouts ur rax, 5dogs and 5 rods can do a decent job with getting a good trade without needing a teammates cavalry which could be raiding on the other side of the map. Bear in mind, dogs are also good when rushing yourself but if youā€™re attempting any double rax shenanigans then you probably wonā€™t be able to afford them with your mediocre eco early age 2.
Spain have been considered to have a bad eco. Which is somewhat true but itā€™s partly because people donā€™t play them right, most people want to ff. you can utilise Spainā€™s fast shipments in order to get a fairly decent setup before even thinking about going age 3. Yes, Iā€™m talking about 700w 5v 4v which you can send almost consecutively and still aging to fortress with 700g at a decent time with 10 units 5 dogs and an extra 9 vills and steel traps and placer mines compared to ffing.
Build orders
Here I will mention what I like to do in most situations, as well as niche build orders or troll builds that can pay off vs the right opponents.
Firstly, it all starts with the crate start.
Wood start: 4vill on wood rest on food and chop for a tp, on non tp go market or just a house.
Coin start but with coin treasures in base: go market and hunting dogs and buy for a house
Coin start no treasures: just house
Any other start just house.
Age up politician I feel like you have a few options. 2v, 500f, 200c and tower. The lack of 400w really hurts spain and you notice it especially when you play age 2 Spain. You need to chop 200w for rax/stable, 100w for a house, and a market and hunting dogs is optional but Iā€™d recommend it, except if rushing or expecting a rush.
500f age up. Mostly useful when either going cavalry, or going double rax musket defensive or offensive. If youre going cav you can chop 400w and go 2x houses and a stable, and ship 5v 700w, youre shipment bonus actually allows you to do this, this will ensure better batches than 700w first (similar with the brit huss build), build order is 5v 700w 4v 700g adapt. With the double musk build you need to chop a shit ton of wood for this to work. You need 400w for the 2 raxs, and 2 houses. However, you donā€™t want to put all your vills on wood for this. You do for the 2 raxs and maybe the first house, but the second house only leave a few to get the wood trickling in so you max out ur first batch. Build order is 700g 700w 700f 5v 4v.
2v age up. This is what I consider a bit trolling but still fairly good. It Is only ā€œviableā€, when going solo rax rod/musk. Iā€™d consider doing this in a macro game and making 5/10 rod/musk to defend raids/early pressure before aging up. Build order chop 450w+ for house, rax, market and hunting dogs in transition. 700w 5v 4v 700g and semi, youll age before 9mins.
200c and tower. The most common age up choice and good for a defense and forward shipment point for aggressive play. You can either go cav or musk or rod with this build and this is widely considered standard play. Chop 300w/450w (market hunting dogs optional, can use 700w for market), build military building and one house, 700w 5v and then adaption. Alternatively you can ff and be fast. This can be good on small maps or if you can get away with it and the ff works particularly well, e.g. vs dutch and ports. Build order 700g 700w 5v
Common compositions:
Age 2:
Only really viable ones are musk huss, rod huss , and maybe bow pike, all including dogs ofc. If bow pike then you probably need to adapt your deck and mix in 600w and maybe team archaic training in age 1.
Age 3:
This is where it gets fun. You can do the typical boring skirm goon, which I wouldnā€™t recommend at all with spain as neither of those units get upgrades except aa and unction. However skirm rod lancer, or just skirm rod falc can be really fun compositions to micro or even just z moving. Spains units are hard counters but are shit at being versatile, e.g. rods only good vs cav and goons, lancers only vs inf but not vs other cav etc.., however when on the right units spains army can be really strong. Those compositions also have a lot more upgrade cards (hand inf combat, hand inf hp, cav hp, x4 vs inf, hand cav combat), and as spain doesnā€™t have very good unit shipments, they need to rely on these upgrade cards and good composition.
Age 4:
You should probably have unctioned sent by now with 10 missionaries meaning you can go heavy on skirms due to their high base att they can become somewhat anticav EleGiggle, but also mix in a few rods also and perhaps some artillery, however by this point youā€™re usually struggling for coin unless you have factories out so art isnā€™t always recommended, you also have 2 heavies if your team need to push (due to them having greater eco for example) or hold your opponentā€™s push.
I might have missed something but thatā€™s about it, im open to any questions, let me know what you thought of this.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Re: Spanish team guide by hazzarov

Post by princeofkabul »

get a life
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

princeofkabul wrote:get a life

haha im sick in bed, why not
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Thanks a lot, I enjoy Spain in team too so this guide will definitely be useful for me ^_^
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

What about staying in colonial for a long time? I often keep spice trade in my deck just in case i want to have a further eco boost on top of 5v and 4v.
Also would you consider 4 outposts and 1 fort for age 3? Building 4 outposts also gives a nice amount of XP iirc and spain really struggles to recover from raids, so that can be a nice prevention imo.

Anyway nice guide!
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

gamevideo113 wrote:What about staying in colonial for a long time? I often keep spice trade in my deck just in case i want to have a further eco boost on top of 5v and 4v.
Also would you consider 4 outposts and 1 fort for age 3? Building 4 outposts also gives a nice amount of XP iirc and spain really struggles to recover from raids, so that can be a nice prevention imo.

Anyway nice guide!

then u probably need to do 700w 5 v 600w 4 v
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

not enough colors; didnt read
r]
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

What about 3v-5v-4v build? Is that ever good?
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Gichtenlord wrote:not enough colors; didnt read

too advanced for treaty players
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Honestly I think the 500f ageup is almost always better than 200g and tower. Spain can struggle getting out full batches of units early since they have to chop so much wood in transition. I'd only age with gold and tower when I know I'm getting rushed hard.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

gibson wrote:Honestly I think the 500f ageup is almost always better than 200g and tower. Spain can struggle getting out full batches of units early since they have to chop so much wood in transition. I'd only age with gold and tower when I know I'm getting rushed hard.

usually yeah, but you can get steel traps immediately with the 700w , and the shipment point is nice but yeah most cases 500f is better for mass
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

why do you need to chop for houses in transition when you send 700w as the first age 2 shipment? I tend to just queue one unit and then gather the 700w, make a house asap and get the full batch out. Helps to get 2nd batch out easier imo.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Hawk_Girl wrote:why do you need to chop for houses in transition when you send 700w as the first age 2 shipment? I tend to just queue one unit and then gather the 700w, make a house asap and get the full batch out. Helps to get 2nd batch out easier imo.
If you build a rax right on aging you dont have time cause it takes 40 seconds to send a shipment. I guess you could delay your batch by a few seconds but its probably better not to cause you still have the res to get out a full batch with building a house in transition.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Also can send 5v immediately after
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

hello @Hazza54321 , when the remastered version of the notorious hazza's spanish team guide is coming? featuring spanish gold shipment???
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers