skirm / goon micro

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: skirm / goon micro

Post by Garja »

No. Skirm goons takes down musk huss faster than the opposite. And that's actually big since meelee dps is much higher. If it were skirm huss it would be different. If it were skirm lancer would be even harder counter.
Image Image Image
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

So you don't regard the fact that melee-DPS is generally higher in the game as a part of the counter system?
Pay more attention to detail.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Skirm/goon can get free kills against musk/huss because they are composed of a long-ranged unit and a short-ranged unit against a composition of a short-ranged unit and no-ranged unit. In big battles musks must walk to have the enemy in range and it can be hard to do.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Gendarme wrote:So you don't regard the fact that melee-DPS is generally higher in the game as a part of the counter system?

What do you mean? Didnt I just consider it?
Image Image Image
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Garja wrote:Skirm goons takes down musk huss faster than the opposite. And that's actually big since meelee dps is much higher.
You said this as if melee-DPS being much higher is some kind of additional advantage not part of the counter-system where only multipliers matter.
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

More like I'm stressing that the overall dps of skirm goon ends up being higher than musk huss despite hand cav being generally more damage dealers than ranged units. I'm aware it matters in the counter system. I'm just pointing out that since huss don't have a multiplier they're not so good at countering skirms in that combo and most importantly that musks do a bad job because they won't be in range for a good while.
Image Image Image
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I see somppus point and its somewhat true. With same amounts and eco vet musk vet huss can beat actually or perform same as skirm goon.
Just simple there are other problems with huss musk which are basicly makes it "worse choice". One is that upgrades cost quite a lot in time and res. Second you cant deal with goon raids. Third musk huss dependent on field, if some trees buildings and other stuffs blocking the way the huss can be useless. Fourth you are forced to be agressive with musk huss since if you are defending just get poked by skirms.
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: guyshir

Post by guyshir »

ovi12 wrote:
guyshir wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Skirm goon > Skirm goon :unsure:

Well yes in skirm goon vs skirm goon mirror one skirm goon still beats the other right? :D

Mathematics teacher won't approve this explanation :hehe: