Trade Posts - First Pass

United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Trade Posts - First Pass

Post by noissance »

Hi, i am making this thread to ask which maps have a big importance for first pass on trade route. I know great plains is one, but which other maps allow you to get a first pass on one (or more) trade posts. No ep maps plz - i dont plan on playing on those till i reach pr 28 or something.
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Trade Posts - First Pass

Post by tedere12 »

All of them do actually
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Well, if you miss the pass on Great Lakes you'll be waiting until Imperial Age for the next one.
Pay more attention to detail.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

In this context, i mean trade posts you can steal off opponent that give the first pass. Example: as ger vs otto
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Gendarme wrote:Well, if you miss the pass on Great Lakes you'll be waiting until Imperial Age for the next one.

Once I played Lost on a giant map surrounded by a trade route and there you could have literally been right. The amount of XP given by the TP was 580 or something
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I use to remember the first passes on silk road and Northwest territory!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

assuming 1v1, you can sometimes get the middle pass on sonora, but it kinda depends on spawn of explorer and civ. india is best at getting the middle one.
that's pretty much it for stealable and meaningfull first passes for tps on re maps.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Without jokes, I would say great plains, great lakes, Araucania, and Saguenay
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

noissance wrote:Hi, i am making this thread to ask which maps have a big importance for first pass on trade route. I know great plains is one, but which other maps allow you to get a first pass on one (or more) trade posts. No ep maps plz - i dont plan on playing on those till i reach pr 28 or something.

On EP, I'd tell you there's a few maps with pretty small trade routes (like Arkansas or Mendocino) where missing the first pass isn't a big deal. It's just about 40-50 xp.

But on RE tbh, the maps are usually way bigger, and the trade lines are big as well, meaning that the first xp is almost always important. On top of that, the tp spawn is usually not really fair, and depending on the spawn on some maps, you might or might not get the first xp.
The most obvious example is Great Plains, where the middle tp often spawns much closer to one player than to the other. And it also happens to give you 130 xp, which is one of the best first xp you can ever get in this game in 1v1.
The only RE map I can think of where the first xp doesn't really matter is New England. And maybe borneo, to some extent.

About fighting for the first xp: I'd say on Great Plains ofc, Sonora, maybe Sag with the vertical TP line spawn, you might have a TP contention.
On most other maps, each player can take his own TP. For example, on Deccan, Yucatan, Siberia, Himalayas... each player should just take the TP on his side of trade route.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

On sag vertical you want the middle TP if I recall right.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:On sag vertical you want the middle TP if I recall right.

for first pass maybe. but thinking of strategical position, it's the worst to get. and i think the strategical value outweighs the few seconds you gain, specially since the bonus on vertical isnt so big, so its unlikely to grant a shipment even if you get first pass.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I remember that for Otto mirrors so I do think it's somehow relevant. If you otto also you don't care much since you can defend it. I'd say middle still better than top one for safety. Also safety is not all, LOS is nice too.
Thats said it was either middle or top one. On EP maybe it's the top one.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:I remember that for Otto mirrors so I do think it's somehow relevant. If you otto also you don't care much since you can defend it. I'd say middle still better than top one for safety. Also safety is not all, LOS is nice too.
Thats said it was either middle or top one. On EP maybe it's the top one.

ye it does matter if you're aggressive or defensive. but unless youre otto FF, I would still try to get bottom probably to force your opponent to middle or top, so you lose less walking time trying to kill the tp.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

So i played a rush game with russia on great lakes, and i managed to spawn next to a tp that was getting a first pass. First shipment came out really fast, but i still lost game (poor grensh!) How much of a bonus does 400something exp give u at start of round (shipments still take time to send)?