Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: What is the best rush tactic?

Post by Kaiserklein »

Call mm in age 1
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

nr10 or ep
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I guess iro 4 kenya+big button is the hardest to deal with because they have eco behind it
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

KINGofOsmane wrote:rush b

Cyka blyat*
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

9/10 flail+gren 320xp tres slingshot
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag kmesne
Crossbow
ESO: HUMMAN2

Post by kmesne »

I asked an innocent question
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

kmesne wrote:I asked an innocent question

i told you the damn answer
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

RE or EP?

What do you mean by "best?" What is your rank? What civs do you main? What civs are you playing against which you would like to rush? These are vital compenents needed if you'd like serious replies.

There are a lot of cheesy rushes which seem to do well at low levels for their simplicity in execution and difficulty to defend against but which are totally unviable in decent play. Theoretically a properly scouted classic "rush" (meaning low eco aggression) should lose to most lines of play. However, aggro contains can often work well especially on RE maps which are lower hunt. Strategies like 12 sepoy push or consulate rush as India, 5 coss 5 musk Russian contain, Aztec mace/puma aggression, etc. are all good strategies at the right place and time.

Otto's and Iro's RE rushes are both OP and I doubt you'll see much support for them here although they're probably the correct answer if you don't mind getting flamed and pested every game.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Indont actually think otto rush is that OP. Theres other stuff that makes that civ great.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

kmesne wrote:I asked an innocent question

The best rushes are probably Aztec (puma with shipment support), Iro (tomahawks) or Ottoman (Jans). There are some other cheesier rushes like 9/10 Chinese disciple, Indian Flail elephant, Japan Sohei, etc.. Ignore the other idiots in this thread.
mad cuz bad
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I agree on aztec, iro and ottoman, those are also relatively easy to execute rushes, making them "lame" for most people.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jerom wrote:Indont actually think otto rush is that OP. Theres other stuff that makes that civ great.

Sure their FF with mams and falcs is the better strategy but Jan abus in age 2 is still redonkadonk.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Abus jan is probably the greatest otto strat tbh, if you have a decent tp line. I dislike otto builds that don't use stagecoach anyway, since it just basically doubles your eco for an affordable investment. The thing is just that managing stagecoach tps actually require a good macro, and abus guns require a good micro to be abused to their full potential. Most otto lamers don't have these mechanics so they just z move jans.

For example, FF is just really easy to do because it's so fast that you can't be rushed, and you can push hard and fast with easy micro units. But it's actually not that impossible to beat with some ff civs like spain, ports, ger, fre, etc.
Just like jan rush is easy as fuck to do and hard to counter, but actually not that strong in a lot of match ups.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Inhale a giant bong rip, drink a double shot of vodka and then exhale. Primo rush.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

deleted_user wrote:RE or EP?

What do you mean by "best?" What is your rank? What civs do you main? What civs are you playing against which you would like to rush? These are vital compenents needed if you'd like serious replies.

There are a lot of cheesy rushes which seem to do well at low levels for their simplicity in execution and difficulty to defend against but which are totally unviable in decent play. Theoretically a properly scouted classic "rush" (meaning low eco aggression) should lose to most lines of play. However, aggro contains can often work well especially on RE maps which are lower hunt. Strategies like 12 sepoy push or consulate rush as India, 5 coss 5 musk Russian contain, Aztec mace/puma aggression, etc. are all good strategies at the right place and time.

Otto's and Iro's RE rushes are both OP and I doubt you'll see much support for them here although they're probably the correct answer if you don't mind getting flamed and pested every game.

Thanks for a decent answer! So many higher level players don't understand the naivete of us lower level players. Would you believe we joined the ESOC to become better players because we aren't that good now!!!??? Wow... I almost asked this question in reverse once (how to best defend against a vicious rush) but I knew I'd get more abuse than help.
If I can give one small piece of advice: watch a lot of the higher-level players' videos, especially those that have commentary. You can learn a lot from those...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Sadly true statement about how people discuss strategy here.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer
ESO: ???????

Post by Jutlander »

Zulu rush with Impi.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jerom wrote:Sadly true statement about how people discuss strategy here.
Hmmmm well:

There's not much to be said of strategy outside of in-game situations. You can outline preferable card orders and trading post seizure ahead of time and that's about it.

And that's largely been outlined -- the game is over 10 years old. Basic build orders form the basis of each game. These are readily available through any multitude of recs or even watching any decent player (sans Aiz) stream (a daily occurrence). Otherwise most strategy is game-dependent -- you see more strategy discussion in twitch chats because of its close nature with in-game situations.

Also any theory crafting outside of build orders is so controversial many top players will disagree on a given topic. In-depth strategy is simply not important or impactful at lower ranks.

Besides the question in the OP could have been worded much better. If an OP puts effort into their own post it highly motivates responders to put effort into theirs.

People make lower effort posts because, well, it's less effort. People make jokes because it will increase their disposition. Queue low effort jokes.

One can only outline the most basic of build orders for a 10 yr old game so many times. It's even so rehashed the strategy wall is pretty bare. I mean, just link someone Goodspeed's guide and call it good?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:
Jerom wrote:Sadly true statement about how people discuss strategy here.
Hmmmm well:

There's not much to be said of strategy outside of in-game situations. You can outline preferable card orders and trading post seizure ahead of time and that's about it.

And that's largely been outlined -- the game is over 10 years old. Basic build orders form the basis of each game. These are readily available through any multitude of recs or even watching any decent player (sans Aiz) stream (a daily occurrence). Otherwise most strategy is game-dependent -- you see more strategy discussion in twitch chats because of its close nature with in-game situations.

Also any theory crafting outside of build orders is so controversial many top players will disagree on a given topic. In-depth strategy is simply not important or impactful at lower ranks.

Besides the question in the OP could have been worded much better. If an OP puts effort into their own post it highly motivates responders to put effort into theirs.

People generally make lower effort posts anyways because, well, it's less effort. One can only outline the most basic of build orders for a 10 yr old game so many times. It's even so rehashed the strategy wall is pretty bare. I mean, just link someone Goodspeed's guide and call it good?

One could've listed good rush build orders or linked them, iro BB, India 10/10, otto jan rush, brits double musk rush, russia standard rush. I was doing it but my phone bugs when writing medium length post. The OP just has a point. Even linking goodspeed's guide would've been a better thing to do.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I edited in a bit in my post about users making low effort posts in general -- it's just much easier to do!

You could have done ___ but your phone bugged out, I understand. I could have spelled out the build orders too but I just didn't and don't want to.

Now that OP knows which civs are generally good at rushing (Otto, ito, azzy all mentioned earlier) he can make a thread about a specific rush build for a specific civ and get a much more thorough response I am sure of it.

Most threads get great answers on this website if it's a genuine and at least somewhat more fleshed out question than this OP's.
No Flag kmesne
Crossbow
ESO: HUMMAN2

Post by kmesne »

Tell me like speaking to a baby