What is the best rush tactic?

Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Re: What is the best rush tactic?

Post by CelticCrusader »

@kmesne

Just play Aztec,
Build fire pit and house age 1, warrior priest dances on xp for faster shipments.
Train villagers until 16 age fast with the messenger.
Send 2 villagers forward, herd with them.
Ship 700 wood for a forward warhut and houses and market.
Train either coyotes or puma spearmen from the warhut
Ship 10 Macehultin to the warhut, push then ship 9 macehultin and 6 puma next whilst training more units.
Try to kill his military and villagers without losing much. Kill his baracks/stable so they cant train units, kill their houses so they cant ship units.
This beats quite a few civs, may struggle vs other fast civs. It should beat most low level players, especially sergeant and below.

For more detailed info look here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9927
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

@kmesne

You can also lame Iroqouis :)

Build a tradepost straight away for xp. Build a house with your travois.
Train villagers until 15/16 , age fast with the messenger.
Gather 500 food for the big button home city shipment at the TC, sends 5 tomahawks.
Build a forward warhut with your age up travois.
Send 5 vills to wood, for tomahawks and housing.
Send 4 Kanya first in colonial.
Push with your tomahawks and kanya,
Train Aenna and tomahawk from the warhut.
Ship 6 Tomahawks
Ship 7 Aenna
And GG :lol:

For more detailed info check out this viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9895
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Kaiserklein wrote:Call mm in age 1

and of cource use chine mm card, one problem is chine mm so weak and small ammount, european mm 6 shoot kill 1 vill (150 hp) but "good rush" could be send stronger explorer card you have that friend in your side, that dog have good attack (15 hand damage) and i dont know why but it dont have negative bonus versus villagers, you can avoid enime herd and send 1 vill to herd back his hunt LOL, age to colonial fast as possible and send 6musk or 3 cav or 8 cross to deal with far villagers to tc,this is NOOB ADVICE to make troll game, dont take it seriously
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Kazamkikaz wrote:

and of cource use chine mm card, one problem is chine mm so weak and small ammount, european mm 6 shoot kill 1 vill (150 hp) but "good rush" could be send stronger explorer card you have that friend in your side, that dog have good attack (15 hand damage) and i dont know why but it dont have negative bonus versus villagers, you can avoid enime herd and send 1 vill to herd back his hunt LOL, age to colonial fast as possible and send 6musk or 3 cav or 8 cross to deal with far villagers to tc,this is NOOB ADVICE to make troll game, dont take it seriously

@Kaiserklein take note :chinese:
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

There's no strategy that is inherently better than another (considering optimized BOs). That's the beauty of this game.
:chinese:

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Well, some strategies are just better, unless you want to send team 4 cougars in age 1 every game, or something.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

The best rush strategy is always unexpected. It depends on your execution and your adaptions to the map. An envoy rush can be as good as jan rush if done right. Though i prefer my dutch 10/10 pike rush.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kazamkikaz wrote:

Yeah no this sounds like a synonym for "bad."
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

japanesegeneral wrote:The best rush strategy is always unexpected. It depends on your execution and your adaptions to the map. An envoy rush can be as good as jan rush if done right. Though i prefer my dutch 10/10 pike rush.

No :S
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Kaiserklein wrote:
japanesegeneral wrote:The best rush strategy is always unexpected. It depends on your execution and your adaptions to the map. An envoy rush can be as good as jan rush if done right. Though i prefer my dutch 10/10 pike rush.

No
shit juice :hmm:
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Kaiserklein wrote:

The best rush strategy does not even have to win the game as long as your having a ton fun it is the best rush strategy.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

japanesegeneral wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

The best rush strategy does not even have to win the game as long as your having a ton fun it is the best rush strategy.

nice comeback
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Send me the bo plz
My Youtube channel

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

deleted_user wrote:Well, some strategies are just better, unless you want to send team 4 cougars in age 1 every game, or something.

After disciple rush won a tournament game, I believe in everything

Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

good rush in my opinion is 15 jani at same time 5min to 6 min push,make tp and 1 home or 2, age with 400w (first card 3 vill), transition collet 100w for 1 home if you didnt start with 400w for 2 homes in this case, 2 vill on coin rest on food with 2 on hunt ready for fb, collet 400w when hit colonial send 5 jani and make 10 in 2 rax at same time and start attack, this is better than normal jani rush when you have to make 5 jani, make another 5 in the same rax and maybe another stuffs before start push, of courcenext card need be 700w> make home, maybe stable or 2nd tp, upgrade tp line and start get fast xp to send 700f, 600f etc
My Youtube channel

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kazamkikaz wrote:good rush in my opinion is 15 jani at same time 5min to 6 min push,make tp and 1 home or 2, age with 400w (first card 3 vill), transition collet 100w for 1 home if you didnt start with 400w for 2 homes in this case, 2 vill on coin rest on food with 2 on hunt ready for fb, collet 400w when hit colonial send 5 jani and make 10 in 2 rax at same time and start attack, this is better than normal jani rush when you have to make 5 jani, make another 5 in the same rax and maybe another stuffs before start push, of courcenext card need be 700w> make home, maybe stable or 2nd tp, upgrade tp line and start get fast xp to send 700f, 600f etc

I've went around the forums quoting your terrible strategies as such but this is actually OP
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

abbadan wrote:
deleted_user wrote:RE or EP?

What do you mean by "best?" What is your rank? What civs do you main? What civs are you playing against which you would like to rush? These are vital compenents needed if you'd like serious replies.

There ... (meaning low eco aggression) should lose to most lines of play. However, aggro contains can often work well especially on RE maps which are lower hunt. Strategies like 12 sepoy push or consulate rush as India, 5 coss 5 musk Russian contain, Aztec mace/puma aggression, etc. are all good strategies at the right place and time.
Otto's and Iro's RE rushes are both OP and I doubt you'll see much support for them here although they're probably the correct answer if you don't mind getting flamed and pested every game.

Thanks for a decent answer! So many higher level players don't understand the naivete of us lower level players. Would you believe we joined the ESOC to become better players because we aren't that good now!!!??? Wow... I almost asked this question in reverse once (how to best defend against a vicious rush) but I knew I'd get more abuse than help.
If I can give one small piece of advice: watch a lot of the higher-level players' videos, especially those that have commentary. You can learn a lot from those...

Watch Aizamk (and Boneng) twitch in specific, he (Aizamk) turn noob strategie in strong and pro strategie in his hand, if you will watch the rest of the "pro", they will say " dont do this, dont do that because it doesnt work versus decent players", without even trying. If you will watch the rest of them, you become aoe3 robot, where always do semi FF huss with French, FF with Spain and Dutch bank boom, no risk strategie, no surprise the enime, no troll enime, no make alternative strategie to counter 1 enime strategie etc.
If Aizamk didnt start rush alot with Portugal, normal noob rush with Portugal (10/10 or whatever, send croos and musk shipment first) would still noob strategie and if you ask any pro: what do you think about Portugal rush, they "OH,AH,dont try it because you will hav bad eco, Portugal FF better choice"
Maybe i am Aizamkminious but i am sure i am right about this.
My Youtube channel

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

There is a Russian contain build I like to do (is this the kingrichard build?) where you send Distributivism (wood trickle) in age 1, age up with 500f while gathering for a house, a blockhouse and 100 gold for a batch of musks. The blockhouse should be built in a forward place before Age II hits and you immediately ship 5 coss, queue 5 musk and 3 vills. It leads to quite a scary contain with a potential for an early timing with 13 strel.

Russian strats involving building a forward BH and shipping 5 cossacks are usually good rushes, not an all-in TC burner, but as a slow, strangling tentacle that uses it's earliness to seize the map and the initiative.

Kazamkikaz wrote: Maybe i am Aizamkminious

i think everybody on this forum is Aizamkminious to a certain degree
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you age up with 500f it's usually pretty all in, and more a (hard) rush than a contain.
Contain would be more like what I usually do, with 400w for steel traps and tp, raid with 5 coss, then 700w for 2nd bh + stable, 700g for mass, 4cos/13 strel to hold the push (hence the contain) that should hit around this timing on most maps against most civs, or to push yourself if the guy is aging.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..