Best Counter To Otto Players?

Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

Best Counter To Otto Players?

Post by grizzgolf »

What civ other than playing Otto is a good counter to Otto lobby players? I cant figure out how to beat them.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Re: Best Counter To Otto Players?

Post by Sargsyan »

as france u can do the samwise build and ship 8xbows as ur 2nd card.build the second rax with 700w.consider bulding wall too.after holding a timing push out and destroy his fb
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Cyanide does wonders
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Cyanide does wonders

only if ure a sucide squad member
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Moesbar
r]
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Fr is the easier. Iro and brit are fair MU but you need good defense/adaptation/map with brit. Dutch can work aswell.
Overall I think fr is the best choice since you don't really fear early agressions with your cdbs. So just semi musk or ça depending on the situation.
If that's a no TP map, you can win with almost any civ honnestly (only ger is rly not great) because he can only jan rush.
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

Otto players are usually really easy to raid.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Resign
Netherlands Bachscharfschütze
Skirmisher
ESO: michel103

Post by Bachscharfschütze »

find their ip and ddos them
''brits c'est vraiment une civ de fdp''
- Kaiserklein, 2018
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Is this on RE? if so then there are plenty of options, however I took the liberty of checking your simple elo page and you are clearly a new player mainly using Brits so i'll advise accordingly.

For now concentrate on good herding, building layout and not over-booming. Just get a solid time on your age up and full batches out, put vils in TC at the first sign of danger, keep making vils and try to time a sent batch of mil with a minute man pop if the otto player comes too deep into your base. Perfect all of this until you get to 1700-1800 elo.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

If you scout rush then just ship 8 xbow or 6 muskets or whatever with a batch of 5 units. If the otto player hugs your tc then call mm. Follow that up with eco and you should be just fine.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

You basically just have to out play. If he rushes, trap his army under your TC. IF he FFs you just have to be more mobile than him and raid and hope he makes mistakes because otherwise there's not much you can do vs 30 vet jans, 2 falcs, and 5 mams at like 9 min.
Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

Post by grizzgolf »

I noticed as British they tend to rush me early and I don't have a defense that can hold it back. Sometimes I can hold them off but my eco is wrecked.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

The stereotypical otto player is a terrible person and an ever worse looser. I think brit might be hard especially on gp where most otto games are played. Since the map might screw you. On your pr it might be wise to play portugal and send colonial miltia. If you place your secound tc close to your first tc you can kill them quite easy.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

deleted_user wrote:You basically just have to out play. If he rushes, trap his army under your TC. IF he FFs you just have to be more mobile than him and raid and hope he makes mistakes because otherwise there's not much you can do vs 30 vet jans, 2 falcs, and 5 mams at like 9 min.

Oh how I wish it were 9 mins..... the actual push is more like 14 mins with 50 jans, the 9 mins is 2 falc and 23-28 jans for a kind of 'pre-push' and it's really easy to lose the falcs at that point, at least it is for me......
But the preconception proves a point- people over-estimate it and panic accordingly- there is plenty of time to take down any greedy tp's with 5 pike, make 5 hussars to kill any age up abus (basically this forces huss age up) and stop the falc ship from coming too early and to make 15 lbow in colo before aging after all the otto is only making colo jans for the first 8 mins of the game.
Take a TP out, a few jannies at the rax, raid a bit and possibly catch the falc ship at tc- then age and out-play :P
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

japanesegeneral wrote:The stereotypical otto player is a terrible person and an ever worse looser. I think brit might be hard especially on gp where most otto games are played. Since the map might screw you. On your pr it might be wise to play portugal and send colonial miltia. If you place your secound tc close to your first tc you can kill them quite easy.

GP RE is actually quite bad for otto ff because otto can only get 1 tp there if the opponent is good I think.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

oats13 wrote:until you get to 1700-1800 elo.

*Untill you've plyed 5 games

I find Russia is ok vs medicore otto players i.e people who are p.r 25 and bellow because of the early aggression you can get and the cost effectiveness of srelets and cossacks with boyars. Although as previously suggested France is pretty good and other civs can be ok if you adapt
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
oats13 wrote:until you get to 1700-1800 elo.

*Untill you've plyed 5 games

The guy who asked the question is 1500 elo he doesn't need to know how to beat an otto FI or anything he just needs basic stuff.
United States of America IntrepidExplorer
Musketeer
ESO: DownToBuck

Post by IntrepidExplorer »

Azzy does decent against them, i use Garja's 2 WH spam and it works great
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

I'm not nearly as experienced as most of the people who already commented, but I play a lot of Otto at lower to mid levels (18xx Elo, ~20 PR) so I probably was at OP's level just a few months ago.

For me personally, the toughest matchups are the native American civs: Aztecs, Sioux, Iroquois. All 3 are able to apply a lot of pressure early. Aztecs also have a strong boom and Sioux can raid relentlessly throughout the game if not under heavy pressure themselves.

Among the Euro and Asian civs, strong defensive play is what gives me the most trouble. That means Brits, Dutch, Ports and to an extent India with defensive Agra. If you're able to sustain your boom despite incoming Jan/Abus pressure, you will quickly have a bigger economy. Start raiding, then build up military to force a fight, and the Otto won't be able to replace their military as quickly as you can with your stronger eco.

Longbows behind walls are pretty great against Otto colonial I feel. They outrange Jans by a lot and can still hold off Abus if you're careful not to sit in range. Use walls to prevent the Otto player from walking around your base freely, harassing your villagers. As @oats13 said, focus on herding early so your vils are never too far from the TC. Build your barracks nearby too, and your tower from age up. Use manors and your market to make his pathing difficult.
If the Otto gets near your TC, garrison 10 vils and focus fire on the Abus guns. A fully garrisoned TC kills an Abus in 2 hits and they're expensive.

If you manage your longbows well you'll hardly lose any while in your base. Try to make him lose 1.5 or 2 Jans for every one of your longbows and you will come out ahead. Keep your boom up, raid a bit, then build some military by the time your safe hunts run out and take back the map.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

mirror him.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Play this song on loop:

phpBB [video]
Top quality poster.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Laurence Drake wrote:Play this song on loop:

phpBB [video]

That's like waving Tibet flags when playing against China?
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Laurence Drake wrote:Play this song on loop:

phpBB [video]

remove kebab
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

It is depend, alot noob who plays with otto , they just make slow jan/abus rush or fast full jan rush or in some good case slow ff with 4 huss option (send 700w in transition for rax etc ) but you can win any otto strategie with good strategie, it is not about counter civilization but about your skills, adaptation and strategies, alot otto players when they rush versus british, french, japan etc they expect defensive strategie like make walls , call mm etc but how about rush the otto civ with FC strategie (new term Fast Colonial not normal rush :o 8-) ) i have a noob strategie versus otto rush on my channel called Stupid French, instead of hold the rush, defending the base i decided rush otto with French, i didnt make fb but still a rush because he was defending the fb not me defending my base :lol: .
Same thing when Aizamk make fb versus india with agra fort in middle of the map close to Aizamk british base, while india is raiding with 2/5 to 10+ sepoys, Aizamk is with 5 to 10+musk/+6longbowman raiding opponent too.
:devil: Alot rushers dont care about the herd because they dont expect rush or earlier raid from enime
:devilrazz: Best way to counter a rush is call minuteman and kill fb villagers :kinggreen:
:geek: in case of otto FF just scout his base to know and make FF too ;)
:hehe: :lol: Again SirCallen this is noob tips OK :chinese:
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016