Britain v Japan

Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Britain v Japan

Post by chris1089 »

This post comes after playing and losing several times to Japan while playing as Brits. They were all played on re but with decent hunt. I tried a vc boom, but found my third/fourth hunt shrined. I also tried early pressure and a 700 wood, 700 food, 6 musk timing, but all of these failed. I am only a second lieutenant, so things like forgetting steel traps for a few minutes and floating 500-600 resources were true. I also have poor micro. My question is: is this a hopeless mu for Brits or can they win it? If so, how?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Britain v Japan

Post by tedere12 »

there are many threads about this MU.
3 vill 700w 600w 5 vill 4 vill UPGRADES works well. Also 3 vill 700w 600w 700coin and hussar switch is good
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

dont boom vs japan u will lose for sure, japan FI OP, this advice is from 1 noob, try stop his monge with 1 spie on church, just imagine when or where is his monges shrining, make guenadier- musk timing with cav after, this mean u need send 3 vill, age with 17 or 18(500f option ) collet 500w in transition for art foundation and rax make at least 60 pop until colonial age, send 700c, all vill on food make guenadeirs and musk and destroy shirne, send 700f make more army, send guenadiers combat ( give 20% more attack and increase siege damage from 54 to 100). Make timing with 20 guenaiders, musk and cav in his base before he hit fortress age and send 2 flamearrow or make FI.
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

Tbh, as someone who mains brits, I find this one of the easier MUs you can have

If you have a 300w start select a deck with VC and get it.
Either way you can usually always outboom japan.

If no VC ship 3vil, 700w, 600w, 5vill as normal.

Start with a rax when u age and with the wood shipemnts I always add a stable and usually a 2nd rax as well

If u age quick, you can even start pikes and siege some of their shrines quick, i personally like to save the wood and make musk tho and throw in a coupel LB as well just cause they help vs the ashi when its just musk wars.
I find most Japan players delay making cav as well, so just apply some pressure and and siege shrines while you boom.

A lot of Japan players like to turtle in base with walls and yumi, if they do that, dont bother pushing their base, just map control, boom and age asap and ship cannons and then poke away. You'll have a sizeable musk mass to protect the cannons and a decent amount of huss too so if he does try to push out you can really control the engagement to your favor.

Now you shud note, that although Brits can intially outboom japan, Japan will outscale in the late game and can easily rape you, try to not let them get to that point, thats why you have to play somewhat aggressive.
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

Kazamkikaz wrote:dont boom vs japan u will lose for sure, japan FI OP, this advice is from 1 noob, try stop his monge with 1 spie on church, just imagine when or where is his monges shrining, make guenadier- musk timing with cav after, this mean u need send 3 vill, age with 17 or 18(500f option ) collet 500w in transition for art foundation and rax make at least 60 pop until colonial age, send 700c, all vill on food make guenadeirs and musk and destroy shirne, send 700f make more army, send guenadiers combat ( give 20% more attack and increase siege damage from 54 to 100). Make timing with 20 guenaiders, musk and cav in his base before he hit fortress age and send 2 flamearrow or make FI.

Interesting strat, ill have to try it, ive always just tried to avoid using grenadiers lol

If done right though, a colonial manor boom is faster and better initially than a shrine boom provided you're sieging the japanese shrines and assuming map control,
at least from all my experience with this MU anyway.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

VC boom are not good on many RE maps
Just control the map, keep 5-10 pike sieging, and go longbow+hussar (add pike/musk if he starts cav)