Golden pavilion on discovery age

Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Golden pavilion on discovery age

Post by Kazamkikaz »

I dont know if is good strategie but i always see players aging to colonial using toshugu shrine or whatever and golden pavilion only in age 3, but i decided test 1 thing, the ashigaru range damage (24, with consulate allied with Japan is 25)
If you send ashigaru attack card (24 to 27 range damage) also golden pavilion on attack your ashigaru range damage is 33 (with consulate also) if you make golden pavilion attack upgrade 350w/c, range damage now is 37, send daimio, total colonial ashigaru range damage is 40, why i dont see Golden pavilion on colonial age vs Japan mirror or boomer civ ? i think ashigaru 40 range damage is better than crossbowman from consulate or yamabushi not so sure, plz dont come with toshugu shrine for eco, for 300 exp or 20 pop because i am not talking about using golden pavilion vs any kind of rush. ty :hmm: :huh: :dry:
I dont mean you have to do all upgrades to start attack the enemy, 24 to 33 range damage is good upgrade for colonial age ( just ashigaru upgrade card and golden pavilion set in infantry attack, also consulate allied with japan after mass shrines with portugal) dont need daymi if u need send 4 villager again or whatever as u dnt need make 2golden pavillion upgades 200w 200c and 350w 350c
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Re: Golden pavilion on discovery age

Post by Hidddy_ »

You won't live long enough to get all those upgrades, your rush will be slow, and your eco will be buttocks
De Funk
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

no just no
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Hidddy_ wrote:You won't live long enough to get all those upgrades, your rush will be slow, and your eco will be buttocks

dont need all this upgrade in 1 moment (impossible by the way), i saw alot japan mirror and always someone stay a bit longer on colonial and push with more army vs japan on age 3, big shrine will not give u enough eco without good place or without mass shrines, maybe you get it wrong i dont say age with 10 villagers, send ashigaru upgade, send daimio , make expensive 350w 350c upgrade all consecutively
My Youtube channel

Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

KINGofOsmane wrote:no just no

u are just a aoe3 cyborg scheduled to do always standard :hehe: :chinese: 8-)
My Youtube channel

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

It's not terrible, the golden pavillion as wonder bonus is probably much better than the big shrine. Its just that the big shrine gives a nice amount of exports, provides 2 shrines worth 250 (or maybe 150ish) wood while the golden pavillion provides 2 yumi. Basically the immediate effect from the big shrine is too big to miss out on, even if that juicy attack boost from the golden pavilion is the other option.
United States of America Inst
Skirmisher
ESO: Inst

Post by Inst »

The free shrines are worth about 150 wood, or 300 vs. The bonus is worth about 5.5 unupgraded villagers if you're doing food, 5.9 with wood, assuming 20 shrines. So the yield is roughly equivalent to 1000 VS. Golden Pavillion gives you about the equivalent of 353.33 VS, then the bonus is harder to quantify, but can be treated as a 5-7% increase to gather rate. I prefer Golden Pavillion myself, though, since Toshogu saved for later gives you more export and the bonus enhances the effectiveness of your shipments, something Toshogu does nothing about.

The one case where I see Toshogu as clearly superior over alternatives is when you have the Seven Heavenly Gods card in your deck. Then Toshogu's bonus applies to a base .34 XP rate instead of a base .1 / .14 resource gathering rate. Over 20 shrines + Toshogu, you're harvesting 27 xp / sec. With Tempo Reforms, the number comes out to 49.74 xp / sec. The problem is, you can't spam Ashigaru with infinite shipments, but you can get 1200 res 6 samurai and naginata rider shipments, making it equivalent to 33.17 res. Then your 20 shrines are equivalent to 25 villagers on food, or 33 villagers on gold.
United States of America Inst
Skirmisher
ESO: Inst

Post by Inst »

Just checked, Tempo reforms does not affect XP generation rates. Perhaps an oversight? But I'm fond of SHG anyways; leave it on for a minute, get the SHG shipment returned + get a free shipment.