White Pagoda FF?

United States of America Inst
Skirmisher
ESO: Inst

White Pagoda FF?

Post by Inst »

Does anyone have any information on the success rate of getting White Pagoda instead of Confucian Academy, ToH, or Porcelain Tower as a Fortress wonder? Since Arquebusiers are vulnerable to cavalry, and China's skirms are already their strength, how well does White Pagoda for Fortress work?
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Re: White Pagoda FF?

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

The only reason I would use the White Pagoda is to have fun.

Porcelain Tower is way way better because of wood trickle = 8 vills gathering wood or the skirms are great if you need defense along with free artillery.
United States of America Inst
Skirmisher
ESO: Inst

Post by Inst »

Yeah, I redid the math. Even in a best-case scenario, with all researches made courtesy Advanced Monastery, the disciples are only equal to 5 unupgraded veteran hussars in Fortress. That's 800 food for the equivalent of 600 food / 400 gold. By Industrial Age, 10 disciples are worth only 4 unupgraded Guard Hussars, and in Imperial, Disciples are worth only 3.5 unupgraded Imperial Hussars. There's quite a power drop-off as ages go up.

In terms of cost efficiency, by Imperial, disciples are exactly as VS efficient as unupgraded hussars. By Industrial, they're only slightly more VS efficient. When I put up the disciple overnerfed complaint, my point is that China's Colonial is supposed to depend on Disciples and not having OP disciples forces China to FF most of the time.
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher
ESO: deadrising78

Post by deadrising78 »

Aoe is not maths
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Inst wrote:Yeah, I redid the math. Even in a best-case scenario, with all researches made courtesy Advanced Monastery, the disciples are only equal to 5 unupgraded veteran hussars in Fortress. That's 800 food for the equivalent of 600 food / 400 gold. By Industrial Age, 10 disciples are worth only 4 unupgraded Guard Hussars, and in Imperial, Disciples are worth only 3.5 unupgraded Imperial Hussars. There's quite a power drop-off as ages go up.

In terms of cost efficiency, by Imperial, disciples are exactly as VS efficient as unupgraded hussars. By Industrial, they're only slightly more VS efficient. When I put up the disciple overnerfed complaint, my point is that China's Colonial is supposed to depend on Disciples and not having OP disciples forces China to FF most of the time.

The convert thing is a big deal though.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

The point is that disciples cannot be the core of your army, they are simply an addition, exactly like the spanish war dogs. Aging to fortress with the white pagoda is pretty bad imo, i'd rather age with any other wonder.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

deadrising78 wrote:Aoe is not maths

aoe is at least 90% maths
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player