ESO: Pezet

Re: Guide to Deathmatch

Post by pecelot »

finally a game mode in which Japan is trash
United States of America frostibite
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

If you guys want really good DM play, check out these videos.

https://youtu.be/tNbFGPZOLBQ
https://youtu.be/0mZnIYDHffo

Hazardroxs is arguably the best DM player to ever play and Belsha is at least top 20 to ever play. Believe it or not aoe3 nilla DM used to be pretty active. I have been playing DM since 2005. I play on nilla.

TAD has always been disregarded for the most part by the DM community because they did not have DM in mind when they made the expansions. Early on in vanilla, when they would come out with balance patches, they actually took DM into consideration. When TAD came out, the DM community tried to switch over but at high level DM play, it just wasn't as effective as nilla.

Here is a link to the forum that the DM community used to use to communicate when DM was active. You can find some good discussions. Almost every top player had posted something beneficial there at some point

http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showforum=60
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I don't see that guy being the best DM player ever... Nothing special in that video tbh
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

Kaiserklein wrote:I don't see that guy being the best DM player ever... Nothing special in that video tbh

I'm not sure what to tell you.

He makes every DM player's top 3 list that have been playing DM since the game cam e out and at one point was considered unbeatable. He's fast and attacks with the right amount of units at all angles

also that's only one game that he decided to record. He held the top elo postion on nilla DM, when it was active, for months
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

looks so damn fast, is there like a "three hands on dick" - strategy where you lame one or two units to the opponents main base and win with it?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

frostibite wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I don't see that guy being the best DM player ever... Nothing special in that video tbh

I'm not sure what to tell you.

He makes every DM player's top 3 list that have been playing DM since the game cam e out and at one point was considered unbeatable. He's fast and attacks with the right amount of units at all angles

also that's only one game that he decided to record. He held the top elo postion on nilla DM, when it was active, for months

Yeah but I mean that's probably just because no one ever plays DM anyway. he's not really the best DM player, more like the best guy who actually bothers to play it. Pretty sure dicktator for example would shit on him if he played a few nilla dm games
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@Kaiserklein i think you're off your rocker. i mean, it's only one vod, but clearly the guy had a lot and a LOT of mechanical skill. like, akin to your playstyle. so i have no idea what you're talking about. besides, the vod was from 2009, literally the heyday of deathmatch. when you say his achievement is nothing "just because no one ever plays DM anyway" that's far more relevant to players like myself and dicktator than it is to hazzy.

it should be pointed out that individual wins are meaningless, however i did find this very funny:
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

can't expect a new gen not-even-proper-nilla-scrub to know the big names can you
oranges.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

is that Hazza before he started doing 5 4 13
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

doubt it, its deathmatch
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I wonder what a 2v2v2 deathmatch game would look like. :hmm:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Amsel_ wrote:I wonder what a 2v2v2 deathmatch game would look like. :hmm:

I think every team would be waiting for the other teams to start fighting. If there is no reason to attack then they probably won't.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

updated british, aztec, china, and japan guides
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I really think you need the fort card as russia
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

and u wanna play with the janns can build card!!
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

well u can abuse it in the same way as iros. send 11 jans to middle use villagers for towers and ur very hard to break. and i dont think ger is better than ports but that maybe cuz i tend to lame them to the max possible way and abuse the goon range to gain a huge early advantage
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:
frostibite wrote:

Yeah but I mean that's probably just because no one ever plays DM anyway. he's not really the best DM player, more like the best guy who actually bothers to play it. Pretty sure dicktator for example would shit on him if he played a few nilla dm games
Lol never. Some of the DM guys were extremely skilled, just ask Mayh3M. Hazardroxs played all game modes tbh. I remember my good old friend wicked getting whooped by him all the time.

That said, Deathmatch is best played on vanilla.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

I expect some people will find this guide useful for next weekend.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

musketeer925 wrote:I expect some people will find this guide useful for next weekend.

Especially the
but, wait, why play deathmatch?
explanation is really necessary.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Having known hazardroxs personally and played dm with him at the time I would say the bar is way higher from comets understanding.

Hazardroxs was way ahead of his time and didn’t treat DM like a rush to win quickly. I think cometks strategies and builds push that idea much further. Hazardroxs used to win with the weaker civs by taking advantage of people draining inefficiently for sure. Long story short I would say he was ahead of his time but that all of treaty and DM was very primative back then.

Also he basically just walked on to DM and was the best pretty quickly using his sup mechanics and understanding. Now the refinement is higher and it’s not as easy.

I do think if he played today he would be on top because he could learn from what has been figured out so that is less a critique of him as a player than it is of the time.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

frostibite wrote:If you guys want really good DM play, check out these videos.

Hazardroxs is arguably the best DM player to ever play and Belsha is at least top 20 to ever play. Believe it or not aoe3 nilla DM used to be pretty active. I have been playing DM since 2005. I play on nilla.

TAD has always been disregarded for the most part by the DM community because they did not have DM in mind when they made the expansions. Early on in vanilla, when they would come out with balance patches, they actually took DM into consideration. When TAD came out, the DM community tried to switch over but at high level DM play, it just wasn't as effective as nilla.

Here is a link to the forum that the DM community used to use to communicate when DM was active. You can find some good discussions. Almost every top player had posted something beneficial there at some point

Wasnt belsha a hacker? Iirc he or atleast someone who pretended to be him first made me aware of the existence of mh.
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

umeu wrote:
frostibite wrote:If you guys want really good DM play, check out these videos.

Wasnt belsha a hacker? Iirc he or atleast someone who pretended to be him first made me aware of the existence of mh.

He may have, and although I hate hackers as much as anyone else does, he still has very good mechanics judging by the video. However, people like Hazzardroxs, Johnnni, xx_criss_521, Annhilate_me, Bigde, and other of the best DM players are just on a whole different level. Belsha became a top player as the game started dying down

anyway, if anyone ever want to play DM or try it out, you can find me playing on vanilla. My name is IMMvp and I will teach you anything you want to know with any civ. I am always willing to support AOE3 and especially deathmatch.
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

I would get the stonemasons card with allmost any civ as second card, otherwise you will get housed. I also would disagree with brits beeing the weakest, they are quite capable with their strong boom, decent unit shipments.