Blackstar h20 german mirror spring 2015

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Blackstar h20 german mirror spring 2015

Post by jgals »

Was watching this old rec asc map (it’s on YouTube) where they both make essentially only dopp uhlan. but I was wondering why they didn’t mix in more xbow seems like it could have made a real difference. Or even if one had done Xbow Pike. Wouldn’t that have beaten uhlan dop? More cost effective even? I guess it might have to do with crate shipments available and germans neediNg the wood? https://youtu.be/sTxOealh_3U
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Re: Blackstar h20 german mirror spring 2015

Post by Googol »

Dopp uhlan kinda shits on bow pike
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I will never forget this game and this serie overall. That was old good times.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Reason why xbow are not mixed in is mostly because they reduce mobility. I agree tho that 8+5bows should be good in dopp-ulhan war for a specific battle that you know is gonna happen. Then again dopp ups are kinda better in that sense.
Reason why xbow/pike is worse is because Germans can easily go ulhan bow instead of ulhan dopp and hard counter it. Ulhan dopp also does decent because xbows don't hard counter dopps and pikes lose to dopps. MM also make any aggressive xbow/pike play not really viable and then staying passive just means you are not free to move everywhere because of xbow burden and also your macro is set to wood so not ideal to sneak an age up in case.
Image Image Image
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Rikikipu wrote:I will never forget this game and this serie overall. That was old good times.

Yes indeed the next game in the series is blackstar on Sioux vs h20s India asc Hudson Bay. Amazing match proving that not only can Sioux beat India but even H20s India!

And it’s probably the best example of early game exporter micro ive ever seen just beautiful
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Garja wrote:Reason why xbow are not mixed in is mostly because they reduce mobility. I agree tho that 8+5bows should be good in dopp-ulhan war for a specific battle that you know is gonna happen. Then again dopp ups are kinda better in that sense.
Reason why xbow/pike is worse is because Germans can easily go ulhan bow instead of ulhan dopp and hard counter it. Ulhan dopp also does decent because xbows don't hard counter dopps and pikes lose to dopps. MM also make any aggressive xbow/pike play not really viable and then staying passive just means you are not free to move everywhere because of xbow burden and also your macro is set to wood so not ideal to sneak an age up in case.

Which makes me wonder why they didn’t just go uhlan bow. Mobility and economic macro might be good reasons as you described . Also this was before any patch right? Still on official patch I believe
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

cause ulhan bow lose to full ulhan?
The point is: you start ulhan for raids. Then counter it with dopps.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jgals wrote:
Garja wrote:Reason why xbow are not mixed in is mostly because they reduce mobility. I agree tho that 8+5bows should be good in dopp-ulhan war for a specific battle that you know is gonna happen. Then again dopp ups are kinda better in that sense.

Which makes me wonder why they didn’t just go uhlan bow. Mobility and economic macro might be good reasons as you described . Also this was before any patch right? Still on official patch I believe

Xbow do shit damage to cav. Any too many bows in a bow/uhlan composition loses to (n+5) uhlan composition. Any too few bow in bow/uhlan and you won't DPS down dops because dops are good and xbows are not.

Like garja said yeah probably in the big engagement having some more counter units is good but I guess other factors come into play like macro and and micro-ability. I do believe both players shipped 8 bow at some point?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Reasons to go dopp/uhlan over xbow/pike:

1) More mobility
2) Food/gold macro vs food/wood macro
3) Easier micro
4) Upgrade shipments for mid-late colonial
5) Build adaptability: can easily transition into a semi-FF or raid vs aggressive play

You do still want some ranged infantry mixed into your dopp/uhlan composition, but it should mostly be bows/minutemen and maybe 5 bows trained.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

What patch was this game on
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

jgals wrote:What patch was this game on

Official RE patch. ESOC patch did not yet exist at the time.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
jgals wrote:What patch was this game on

Official RE patch. Elder Scrolls Online Community patch did not yet exist at the time.

Epic