The fastest boom in AOE3 OP Aztec navy

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

The fastest boom in AOE3 OP Aztec navy

Post by jgals »

This build order allows you to get 50 plus vil pop by 8 minutes and if you are not attacked if will allow you to reach industrial by 10 minutes and imperial by 15. It exploits some of the most powerful economic upgrade cards in the game. It can be scaled down as a boom to occur alongside some combat, but it is guaranteed to outboom another water boom or beat a turtling opponent. Best thing about it is that most people never see it coming. It works best in team games or when you wont be rushed. Obviously not suitable for high level play but may be fun for your average player up to lt. On maps like Ceylon, it may be impossible to beat.

I will post photos of the deck

Map selection : You only want to use this on a map where there is plenty of fish/whales. It can be used on amazonia, great lakes or other maps with only fish nad no whales, but i would change the deck to be less dependant on water eco and would add "aztec mining" . The deck I posted called "saguenay" is suited to more of a hybrid land sea boom or some defense.

the other ones are for full on water, or vs french. But the main deck is OP aztec navy

Since this deck requires you to send both cheap boats cards, you don't need your home city until you have 1.5 shipments available. For this reason it may be wise to wait until opponent selects a deck before choosing yours. If he is also going full water you can pick OP Aztec navy or Amazon boom. If there is any rush potential you will want Saguenay deck (my labels) of some variation of it with 9 mace as well as the 10 I have.

Build order: Collect crates except gold, start exploring, build firepit and one house. Firepit on XP Keep 5vils on food to maintain vil production and send the rest to wood. You wil do this until aging. Try to focus on wood and Xp treasures becuase you need both to start the water boom. It takes 2 shipments before u make ur first boat. That is not that hard to get as aztec in early discovery. When you are about to get your second shipment you should have 200 wood so build your dock for the remaining XP to get that 2cnd shipment. As I said it is the second cheap fishing boat card and now they only cost 15 wood. Start building fishing boats. WAypoint dock to far fish, so that you keep some fish near the dock for later if they attack with 2 caravel

Build one more house, start making boats and vils at the same time. Keep firepit on XP. You should continue collecting treasures and from training you will get your third ship pretty soon. That will be advanced dock. This may seem like a strange choice, but there is a good reason. Besides knocking off33% of train speed to your fishing boats, it provides the key feature of added defense to your water boom. It increases dock fire and i believe HP. Also heals sihps faster. As soon as you send advanced dock switch firepit to fertility for increased train speed. As you continue stockpiling wood build more docks and houses and continue spamming boats. You can stop training vils to age faster if you need. Sometimes it is enough to make it look like you are aging along with him even if you have no army or anything. If you stay in age 1 forever it can signal a pretty wide boom that needs punishing. Producing 15 wood boats from 2-3 docks makes up for not training settler and then some, so you can do this if you need to age faster for some reason. Obviously age fast politician. If you haven't already build a warhut near the docks. Its also good to make a market if you haven't so you can research wood tech. Transition fishing boats to whales while aging. Send fish market or exotic hardwoods next. Then fencing school and boom out 9 war priests when this happens exactly will depend on u and the game but that is the order.

Around the age up time the opponent may be sending 2 caravel or something like it to molest your fishing. Obviousl you will check his deck and expect it. For this reason its important to keep fish near the dock as I said before. If they atack, you can garrison your fishingb boats. You will lose a few boats but its nota big deal. He will lose more if he decides to attack your advanced docks garrisoned with warhut. And you can fish the whales/fish near the dock until you can deal with his ships. If he is very agressive on water you want to get to age 3 asap to get your cheap war canoe card. this is important. If on land you can start making units. Keep booming out boats and upgrade all wood techs.

If he is not contesting the water go straight to age 3 and straight to 4 with 5 skulls. Then start spawning skull knights and send 2000 gold skull knight shipment to make them OP

if he is contesting water you will want to prioritize water dance, offshore support and warship atatck. If he went water you are kind of lucky. It is a lot easier to beat a water boom than a land mass attack. You shuld build near the water and you can use tlaloc big button from dock and other warships to kill his land army. GG
Attachments
azzz.PNG
azzzzz.PNG
azz.PNG
azzzzzzzzz.PNG
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: The fastest boom in AOE3 OP Aztec navy

Post by gibson »

this is one of the most overpowered strats iv ever seen. Im hoping to see ep nerf this in the next patch.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

gibson wrote:this is one of the most overpowered strats iv ever seen. Im hoping to see ep nerf this in the next patch.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm. And while I appreciate the "pro" community they have no place in the way the masses play Aoe3. So wether or not It would work in the games that occasionally occur on ESO among the top 50 players many of whom are active on ESOC-community doesn't really matter does it. As I said, this has no place in the top 50 players games or tournements at least without substantial adaptation and only on maps like Hudson bay with the islands. But for the 90% of aoe3 players who are not those, this strategy can and does work. And I use it quite regularly in MS and even above games. On Ceylon, I'm pretty sure even a brigadier might have a hard time against this.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

rofl. Gibson 0 - Jgals 1
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

I will accept this as legit strat, if you beat duck_daniels on Amazonia with this.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:rofl. Gibson 0 - Jgals 1
2-0 he has more gold medals
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

gh0st wrote:I will accept this as legit strat, if you beat duck_daniels on Amazonia with this.

Let’s get those Aztecs on vanilla rolling
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

gh0st wrote:I will accept this as legit strat, if you beat duck_daniels on Amazonia with this.

well you may know someone by the name of GIL21 or some number. He has me pested because he is so mad he cant beat it
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Googol wrote:

oh did he stopped playing 1v1 Amazonia on TAD ? What a shame.
Maybe he didn't find enough competition there.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

gh0st wrote:
Googol wrote:

oh did he stopped playing 1v1 Amazonia on TAD ? What a shame.
Maybe he didn't find enough competition there.

The real competition is on warchiefs
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

jgals wrote:

well you may know someone by the name of GIL21 or some number. He has me pested because he is so mad he cant beat it

ah thats the guy that hosts games on ceylon? I've had a lot of fun playing against him. Anyways I'd like to play against your aztecs on ceylon if you are up for it. My civ will be brits
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

tedere12 wrote:
jgals wrote:

ah thats the guy that hosts games on ceylon? I've had a lot of fun playing against him. Anyways I'd like to play against your aztecs on ceylon if you are up for it. My civ will be brits

yeah he did, I beat him every time and he pested me. I did feel kind of bad since I know water is his thing and my civ is so broken. Just keep wooping his ass. Water is so imbalanced it makes me feel bad for someone like that who only plays water. Brits is a close contender too. And yeah we can do that some time.\

I should not that the only person to squarely beat me with their own water boom using this strategy was InsanE_pLayer as Brits. But that was in a team game and I was distracted. When we 1v1d on Ceylon I won.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Looks like fun, I might test it out some time. I'm a real sucker for walling on New England and then booming like hell.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

not an example of a well put up resistance to this strategy, but here it is in action. Super sloppy, I was on the phone with my girlfriend the whole time. Ill try to post a better one soon not that anyone cares
Attachments
[RE SP] jgals[AZ] vs Migthy44[BR] - Ceylon.age3yrec
(445.76 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Ceylon
Ceylon
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 24 minutes
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Man talking to his gf at the same time as winning gold medals in aoe3, this guy's living the dream
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

gibson wrote:Man talking to his gf at the same time as winning gold medals in aoe3, this guy's living the dream

i thought they don't do medals anymore? I retired now I'm just having fun
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

gibson wrote:Man talking to his gf at the same time as winning gold medals in aoe3, this guy's living the dream

i thought they don't do medals anymore? I retired now I'm just having fun
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

don't work at all. a land push destroy all your "fastest boom" plan, as your canoes do poor damage to land units.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The title reads like an Acolyte thread except I'm missing the random xD's thrown in there.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

fei123456 wrote:don't work at all. a land push destroy all your "fastest boom" plan, as your canoes do poor damage to land units.

you obviously didn't read the strategy. You probably just looked at the deck and said "that wont work because blabalblaa" and everyone cares what I think so I better shut this down, they don't, so stfu

getting tired of people hating on the strategy without actually reading the many times I mention that it only works in a few cases
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jgals wrote:
fei123456 wrote:don't work at all. a land push destroy all your "fastest boom" plan, as your canoes do poor damage to land units.

you obviously didn't read the strategy. You probably just looked at the deck and said "that wont work because blabalblaa" and everyone cares what I think so I better shut this down, they don't, so stfu

getting tired of people hating on the strategy without actually reading the many times I mention that it only works in a few cases

It's a very valid and mild critique, no, discussion about your strategy. This type of comment should be welcomed and engaged!

You said for 90% of ESO body this strategy can and does work. Is 90% of ESO incapable of land pushes?

Fei is right, water builds often rely on European ships' insane damage to land units and usually with the broken offshore support card, not with canoes. That's how they survive land pushes.

Also I think the build can be optimized. And you say the best part about the build is that no one sees it coming. I'm here to tell you, no, with a deck like any of the above, everyone knows only one thing is coming.
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

Wtf, THIS is my strat. Literally all my aztecs recs are like this.

I even move my firepit for the skull spam. :biggrin: