Sieging houses vs. sieging other buildings

India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: Sieging houses vs. sieging other buildings

Post by Ashvin »

evilcheadar wrote:When you do the 9/10, especially vs germany, burning the houses is important. If all goes well the opponent ages and can't send in any of the military unit shipments. It's also good to siege villages vs china.

why would you go 9/10 when you can chop 100w or get some decent treasures and make it 10/10 plus 1 vill you get from card in transition
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Ashvin wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:When you do the 9/10, especially vs germany, burning the houses is important. If all goes well the opponent ages and can't send in any of the military unit shipments. It's also good to siege villages vs china.

why would you go 9/10 when you can chop 100w or get some decent treasures and make it 10/10 plus 1 vill you get from card in transition

Well there is even better variation of this build: 9/11.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

pretty sure you didn't come in top8 doing this strat
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Ashvin wrote:pretty sure you didn't come in top8 doing this strat

Butifle is not included in top 8 though
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

_H2O wrote:For everyone one example you have of seiging a tc being good there are ten games won by some guy popping shit out of the tc. Generally you are way more vulnerable attacking a tc and you have done zero samamge until the 6500 tc goes down. Killing housing is way faster which is harder to coordinate a defense against. Plus when the house dies it potentially denies your opponents next batches which furthers your tempo lead.

:hmm:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Killing TC is almost never a winning condition, it's that simple.
The only winning conditions that come to mind are:
- busting an FF (still very risky it's gonna works 1/10)
- vs Jap and Dutch, just because if they lose TC and 20 vills inside it's game over, while going for everything else might give just enough time to barely survive.
Image Image Image
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

momuuu wrote:Notice how in this game goodspeed ends up losing because he badly underrates how strong sieging a TC can be: https://youtu.be/02LrR3wcog4?t=13m17s

He easily destroys 2 banks. I popped minutemen already, clearly had a greedy age up and would have struggled shipping something that could quickly deal with goodspeed's army. If he stays, the 'worst' that could happen was a 13 skirm pop in 40 seconds, which would never even had a shot at contesting the pikes sieging the TC (in reality, the TC would probably be dead before those even pop). The TC goes down, the skirms at best have an even trade, he'll kill a ton of villagers, and I'd still really have had to rebuild the TC which is really expensive. And this is the worst case scenario - I am quite sure the TC would've gone down before I'd have ever gotten a shipment.

Instead he kills 'only' 2 banks, instead of doing game ending damage, then the game goes on and I get the chance to make a comeback and end up making that comeback. Even though I end up winning, goodspeed was definitely still favored, but sieging the banks definitely was a lower winpercentage play than sieging the TC.

Being a greedy Dutch player I've experienced countless instances where I aged up with way too much greed, almost got punished but then my opponents spend a lot of idle time sieging useless buildings (often banks) and then dying to the shipments I'll end up getting, while instead they could have just killed the TC, prevented shipments from ever arriving and then just instantly win. There is a mental block in the average community where reasoning like Umeu's is used to justify never sieging a TC, which is not justified.

just want to note that the accents make this video epic AF
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

"hes got 800 vood! vye does he have 800 vood!!!"
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

For sieging a TC, I think people often overestimate or underestimate their ability to siege something. Numbers of army can be super deceptive when sieging. People know that pikes have more siege than skirms, sure, but in the moment when looking at your army it's easy to forget that 10 pikes are roughly 25 skirms worth of siege potential.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Ashvin wrote:

I can age asap then use the 2 sepoy and another batch to take the OP tres.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

evilcheadar wrote:
Ashvin wrote:

Define OP tres.

Killing your eco and idling your TC is not a good idea for some "op tres" imo.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

He'll do it either way. More for fun than competitiveness.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Ashvin wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Define OP tres.

Killing your eco and idling your TC is not a good idea for some "op tres" imo.

320xp tres among many other tres
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

No time to read all the discussion
My rule of thumb is to siege houses whenever my opponent is not willing to fight, since that will house him. If you just fought and a lot of pop space has been cleared then go for production facilities

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Never siege an aiz tc unless youre behind 3 layers of walls with mortars
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

_H2O wrote:For everyone one example you have of seiging a tc being good there are ten games won by some guy popping shit out of the tc. Generally you are way more vulnerable attacking a tc and you have done zero samamge until the 6500 tc goes down. Killing housing is way faster which is harder to coordinate a defense against. Plus when the house dies it potentially denies your opponents next batches which furthers your tempo lead.

unless you think you have won by denying batches until he uses the float to age up and pop some major shit out on you LOL. I've had this happen as Iro and still win because age 3 shipments are so good.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Hazza54321 wrote:Never siege an aiz tc unless youre behind 3 layers of walls with mortars

OLD WAYS OP