French semi-FF questions

Australia Patrick20872
Skirmisher
ESO: Patrick20872

French semi-FF questions

Post by Patrick20872 »

Should I go for 2 barracks and a stable or one barracks and a stable with the 700w? And if 2 barracks then how do you not house yourself? Send 1000w 1st or 2nd age 3 shipment for example? Or sell gold -> wood for houses?

Also when is it a good time to switch from goons to cuirs once I've hit age 3? Especially in a french mirror where the opponent always has 20 goons or so.

Thanks for any help :smile:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: French semi-FF questions

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

One rax and a stable is enough for a semi ff. You can't produce 10 skirms and 5 goons at the same time anyway.

For housing, I usually get the wood upgrade when I reach the 3rd age and put like 3 cdb on wood. Buying wood is a bit awkward, you should only do this if it's needed, and 1000w is way too much.

There's no general rule that tells you when you should switch to cuirs, in French mirror that's one of the things that make the difference between 2 players. The only tip I can give you is, do that when your opponent is low on goons even if it might not help you :D
Australia Patrick20872
Skirmisher
ESO: Patrick20872

Post by Patrick20872 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:One rax and a stable is enough for a semi ff. You can't produce 10 skirms and 5 goons at the same time anyway.

Just sometimes I might see people making 10 skirms, from two barracks, and no goons initially which seems better doesn't it?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

you have cannons, (and can even go cuirass first,) so full skirm is not a wise choice.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

I'm still amazed people can play this boring civ without going full cuir or nats.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Two falcs is the most overrated shit ever. Fuck them falcs.
Pay more attention to detail.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Patrick20872 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:One rax and a stable is enough for a semi ff. You can't produce 10 skirms and 5 goons at the same time anyway.

Just sometimes I might see people making 10 skirms, from two barracks, and no goons initially which seems better doesn't it?

It's a good mind game, however he will have to deal with the 2 falcs and he can't deal with cuirs early on.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea for example if someone scouts you starting 2 rax they might ship cuir it make cuir and then youre a bit fucked
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Yeah, like Diarouga said, 1 rax is almost always better unless you plan on sending crates in age 3. It's just hard to produce from both and you lose out on 2 houses which is meh. If you do 2 rax, you'll either be wasting resources or producing a one-dimensional unit composition, which isn't always bad (in fact it can sometimes be quite good), but can definitely be punished if you're not careful.

You can send 1000w, but you should only really send it if you're really far ahead already (like you completely rekt them in age 2 somehow), or if you plan on sending more crates afterwards.

1000w 1000c--and even 1000f sometimes--with 2 raxes is pretty strong, as you'll gain 400xp - 600xp toward your next shipment after you've spent the resources (plus the coin/wood are higher value than unit shipments anyway), so you'll have a stronger mid-fortress army. It's hard to get away with this if your opponent pushes your base in early Fortress though, so you should be careful about when you choose to do it
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

listen to mitoe hes the king of semi ff/ff skirm goon
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

For housing, I usually get the wood upgrade when I reach the 3rd age and put like 3 cdb on wood. Buying wood is a bit awkward, you should only do this if it's needed, and 1000w is way too much.

There's no general rule that tells you when you should switch to cuirs, in French mirror that's one of the things that make the difference between 2 players. The only tip I can give you is, do that when your opponent is low on goons even if it might not help you :D

The most general rule is to start producing cav at the start of a fight I think. Stuff will thin out and usually a 8 gendarme push is great value. Similairly, as most other civs producing cav when a fight is about to happen is really nice.