3v3 Ports FI/FF

India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

3v3 Ports FI/FF

Post by Ashvin »

I've been playing couple of 3v3 as ports and I really cant do a strong ff. Strong as in I can't mass goons early despite sending 1kf and 1kc. It's kinda like I have to cut off vill production to make complete batches. I do 700c 700w in colonial and market ups in transition to fortress. And I don't know what I can do to mass and make vills simultaneously.

Also what can I do to FI? Send 1kc and age and not make any vills till I click up?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: 3v3 Ports FI/FF

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Honestly FI is too greedy in 3v3, it's only viable sometimes in 1v1.

FFing as port is good in 3v3 if the game is passive.

You can find a game where boneng goes for a ff in 3v3 here (I don't have other ff recs in mind):
http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/aoe3/commun ... wmode=flat
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Crazy how he didn't ship any crates but 700c and still managed to train the whole batch with constant vill productions. But do you think eco theory was worth shipping there? He could have sent 700c 700w and get himself better infra and market ups without having to buy wood or getting capped for like 20 secs.

EDIT: Attached the rec in question
Attachments
[RE SP] syuri_ougiyagatu[RU] & shmras[AZ] & Takuman[FR] vs Kumruke[BR] & Boneng[PT] & tombo_[DU] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Honestly FI is too greedy in 3v3, it's only viable sometimes in 1v1.

FFing as port is good in 3v3 if the game is passive.

You can find a game where boneng goes for a ff in 3v3 here (I don't have other ff recs in mind):
http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/aoe3/commun ... wmode=flat

When is the FI viable in 1v1 and what units should I make when I hit age 4?
give that guy a manual
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

You wanna get hunting dogs in transition and steel traps + stable + house with 400w, port fi in team you wanna do after 10/20 goons so 1kwood food up gold up 1k gold, or skip the coin up for 1k gold then mostly likely 2hcs first
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ashvin wrote:Crazy how he didn't ship any crates but 700c and still managed to train the whole batch with constant vill productions. But do you think eco theory was worth shipping there? He could have sent 700c 700w and get himself better infra and market ups without having to buy wood or getting capped for like 20 secs.

EDIT: Attached the rec in question

In 3v3 I think eco theory is better yea.
Else you can ship 700w instead yep.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

Hazza54321 wrote:You wanna get hunting dogs in transition and steel traps + stable + house with 400w, port fi in team you wanna do after 10/20 goons so 1kwood food up gold up 1k gold, or skip the coin up for 1k gold then mostly likely 2hcs first

so i cut for market and hd and 25 for traps in transition to age 2? Feels pretty slow, you cant really age up when you've collected your 700c then i imagine.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Eco theory 700c 700w 600c 1kw 1kc 1kf refrig royal mint ez
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Eco theory 700c 1000c for a straight Fi. If you have tp add 700w, if you keep constant vill production you will be late to 2k food, so its upto you weather to cut vills or not, this is probably the fastest way to reach . 11-12 min FI with 10-12 goons is probably the strongest though, and it has many ways to reach, like you can completely skip 700c send spice trade instead.or 700c and refrig royal mint 1kc
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

princeofcarthage wrote:Eco theory 700c 1000c for a straight Fi. If you have tp add 700w, if you keep constant vill production you will be late to 2k food, so its upto you weather to cut vills or not, this is probably the fastest way to reach . 11-12 min FI with 10-12 goons is probably the strongest though, and it has many ways to reach, like you can completely skip 700c send spice trade instead.or 700c and refrig royal mint 1kc

Hum I think you need 1000f.
So eco theory/700c/1000f/1000c/1000w for a normal FI in 1v1. 1000f sounds bad but it's actually nice since it allows you to train vills while else you'd have to cut some (so consider it like 8v+ shipment :P), and also thanks to it you run out of food later.

Of course if it's a TP map it's better to go ATP first and take like 3 TPs and thus have more shipments, and sometimes you need CM or the fort to hold the pressure.
You can also just skip eco theory in age 1 and send CM instead if you're vs Russia/Aztecs.

Check Boneng's or setugen's recs on the jp community site if you want some examples of FI builds.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

deleted_user wrote:Eco theory 700c 700w 600c 1kw 1kc 1kf refrig royal mint ez

1kw before 1kf and 1kc seems of no use, I don't need wood right after I age I have cap from 3 tcs and 700w
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ashvin wrote:

1kw before 1kf and 1kc seems of no use, I don't need wood right after I age I have cap from 3 tcs and 700w

It's for preliminary infrastructure. It's greedy precisely because you don't need it (then). But build 2 rax, 2 stable, and housing and your mass after 1kc and 1kf will be nutttsszzz. I think in 3v3 it's viable.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Eco theory 700c 1000c for a straight Fi. If you have tp add 700w, if you keep constant vill production you will be late to 2k food, so its upto you weather to cut vills or not, this is probably the fastest way to reach . 11-12 min FI with 10-12 goons is probably the strongest though, and it has many ways to reach, like you can completely skip 700c send spice trade instead.or 700c and refrig royal mint 1kc

So eco theory/700c/1000f/1000c/1000w for a normal FI in 1v1. 1000f sounds bad but it's actually nice since it allows you to train vills while else you'd have to cut some (so consider it like 8v+ shipment :P), and also thanks to it you run out of food later.

Of course if it's a TP map it's better to go ATP first and take like 3 TPs and thus have more shipments, and sometimes you need CM or the fort to hold the pressure.
You can also just skip eco theory in age 1 and send CM instead if you're vs Russia/Aztecs.

Check Boneng's or setugen's recs on the jp community site if you want some examples of FI builds.

Okay so couple of things that I'd wanna say here.

1. Don't you think food shipments are actually helpful and not bad as ports/russia?

2. Dont you think fort is bad card as the game goes for long (25+ min or when everyone's at industrial/imperial, whichever earlier). It takes up 1 space in your deck, space you can otherwise use for eco card for mills/plantation?

3. I watched like 8-9 recs of boneng after you gave me the first one in this thread, and I seriously wonder what even makes him a pr30+? His unit control is awful, he micro is not good so is his macro, he stacks up resources sometimes and doesn't make units, he doesn't look at the mini map, and his vills get killed in raids. Why is he still a good player?

deleted_user wrote:
Ashvin wrote:

It's for preliminary infrastructure. It's greedy precisely because you don't need it (then). But build 2 rax, 2 stable, and housing and your mass after 1kc and 1kf will be nutttsszzz. I think in 3v3 it's viable.

I don't think I'd need 2 taxes in a 3v3 but I would need an extra stable and arsenal for upgrades
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

1 unit bot player lol
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Ashvin wrote:3. I watched like 8-9 recs of boneng after you gave me the first one in this thread, and I seriously wonder what even makes him a pr30+? His unit control is awful, he micro is not good so is his macro, he stacks up resources sometimes and doesn't make units, he doesn't look at the mini map, and his vills get killed in raids. Why is he still a good player?

He plays smart. Very much so. Also prefers to win based on tech than on big mass of units.
oranges.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Aizamk wrote:
Ashvin wrote:3. I watched like 8-9 recs of boneng after you gave me the first one in this thread, and I seriously wonder what even makes him a pr30+? His unit control is awful, he micro is not good so is his macro, he stacks up resources sometimes and doesn't make units, he doesn't look at the mini map, and his vills get killed in raids. Why is he still a good player?

He plays smart. Very much so. Also prefers to win based on tech than on big mass of units.

Tell me more about the smart part?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Team games in 2018 OMEGALUL
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Yeah i watched some bonengs recs in the past, he plays really weird but knows win situations.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ashvin wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Okay so couple of things that I'd wanna say here.

1. Don't you think food shipments are actually helpful and not bad as ports/russia?

As Port food shipments are indeed good. I would send 700f in colonial games, and 1k food in fortress if I want to hit a timing and I don't have the map.
As Russia I'm not sure. They're helpful for sure, but you have the map and great unit shipments, so for a timing wood and gold shipments are usually better and else I'd just send unit shipments.

2. Dont you think fort is bad card as the game goes for long (25+ min or when everyone's at industrial/imperial, whichever earlier). It takes up 1 space in your deck, space you can otherwise use for eco card for mills/plantation?

Of course the fort is useless in late game but since you're playing Ports and going for a FI, you'll just win vs most civs if you can survive a 25min+ game with 3 TC boom and age 4 goons/HCs

3. I watched like 8-9 recs of boneng after you gave me the first one in this thread, and I seriously wonder what even makes him a pr30+? His unit control is awful, he micro is not good so is his macro, he stacks up resources sometimes and doesn't make units, he doesn't look at the mini map, and his vills get killed in raids. Why is he still a good player?

Well because he's just better strategically. That's what I mean when I claim that strategy is much more important than unit control or raid management. He's just going to get a good eco, just make enough units to hold and win in late game.