How to Stop a Russian Rush?

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Russia is fine on any map, when the map has many hunts russia just fb do the 5 coss thing (or some other timing based build) and hold his position. Good luck pushing out with brits.
Image Image Image
No Flag titumir
Musketeer

Post by titumir »

ovi12 wrote:
titumir wrote:You cant do anything , just accept it , Brit cant handle Russia well enough for not having fast ageup option. Fighting russia in age 2 is quite a tough thing to do.
Lol thats completely not true brit beats russia easily in age 2 on any decent map
Lol Have You ever played good russia players ? Darwin , Braidon? Its not easy .. 270f continuous vills production , no army and vills production idle time , brit cant hunt enough if no wall and all russia does keep ur vills idle and wins it with time , Brit is the most vills dependant civ .
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

kingofosmane wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:russia best civ
your russ brig thought

general
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

musketeer925 wrote:I''ve been struggling with stopping a Russian rush recently playing as British. I just can''t seem to get units out quickly enough to defend against the inevitable 5 Cossack + musks/strelet mix that comes in behind it.

I generally try to wall a bit during transition but don''t commit enough vils or remember soon enough to be able to get a complete wall built -- just some segments, and segments aren''t worth much unless you have a military to fight around them with, so maybe I just need to commit more to walling?

Should I be calling minutemen right away, like when Cossacks get there, or trying to save them for a small mass to arrive?

I''ve had a little bit of luck starting with a stable + huss first, as they seem to dissuade the initial 5 Cossacks a bit better than musks and they prove useful against strelets, but I''m not sure if this is really most effective than starting with the rax. Also, it is better to age with tower + 200 gold or the 500 food when you know you''re going to be rushed?

It also seems on some more defensive maps I have better luck -- I was able to beat of a rush on New England yesterday since it''s so easy to quickly wall up to prevent harassment, but on open maps, especially ones with trade routes in the way of walling, like GP and Sonora, I''ve been unable to beat it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

yeah hard to hold but that tower can helps a lot
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

titumir wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Lol thats completely not true brit beats russia easily in age 2 on any decent map
Lol Have You ever played good russia players ? Darwin , Braidon? Its not easy .. 270f continuous vills production , no army and vills production idle time , brit cant hunt enough if no wall and all russia does keep ur vills idle and wins it with time , Brit is the most vills dependant civ .
If the map has no food the sure russia wins but if map is decent brit should win. You dont put every vill in TC as brit, only 10, so you can still maintain constant vill production, and that is all the matters because TC and tower fire are very very very cost effective. And with Russia its not possible to have constant vills AND military, unless you send 700f before or after 5 cossaks.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I think its an even match up even on high hunt, brit has to push out eventually, and russia can boom raid and mass at the same time, being able to spam from 3bhs quite early on
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

yeah russian can boom but they never boom as fast as british. i dont think russian can win with staying at home booming.
tower 5 hussar 6mm hold the rush easily. but that's only the first wave of attack.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

My key points as Brit in this mu:

Don't overboom age one, you only need 40 or 50 pop to make military to hold the russia's two coss shipments, put your res into military to hold

Don't waste mm. Make sure you have your 5 huss (or 7-8musk) snare and force a fight near your tower and tc.

I think it's OK to make any unit vs Russia..like pike/bows can work fine, huss can too, and musk is good if he doesn't go steel, which most don't. It's really just more about getting to age3 before you run out of food imo
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Actually, pushing out against Russians when you have enough hunts to start with isn't much of a problem I think. In fact, I'd say you can often even win the game outright in such cases., depending on just how good your game is. That being said:

"IMO Russians are favored on the maps with the worst hunts, and brits are favored on the maps with the most hunts' anything in between varies gradually depending on hunts (and other resources)."
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

titumir wrote:You cant do anything , just accept it , Brit cant handle Russia well enough for not having fast ageup option. Fighting russia in age 2 is quite a tough thing to do.

Lol there are so many ways to prepare.

In discovery

Get army tres to kill his blockhouse vils or damage his blockhouse.
Age with -1 vils
During trans get less houses and gather for mm asap to bring down his bh vils
Wall, wall, wall

Or if 300w go for 3 manor start into aklak rush meaning in trans you bput all vils on wood, age 500f, make 2 more manors for 60 pop and get 400w then put all vils on food except maybe 2 or 3in order to get atleast 25c but preferably 105. When in colo make stable first then rax, queu huss musk, send 700c and crush his push with 5 huss 5 musk batch. Then send 700w and 6 musk and push with ur army to blockhouse on 3rd shipment. Send mm too in that push. After send 600w and boom. Type gg

Other strats are wall and grens or wall and lb. Or cav start and raid
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

umeu wrote:

In discovery

Age with -1 vils
Wall, wall, wall

Or if 300w go for 3 manor start into aklak rush meaning in trans you bput all vils on wood, age 500f, make 2 more manors for 60 pop and get 400w then put all vils on food except maybe 2 or 3in order to get atleast 25c but preferably 105. When in colo make stable first then rax, queu huss musk, send 700c and crush his push with 5 huss 5 musk batch. Then send 700w and 6 musk and push with ur army to blockhouse on 3rd shipment. Send mm too in that push. After send 600w and boom. Type gg

its impolite to kill fb vills. a civilized man wont do that.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

umeu wrote:

In discovery

Age with -1 vils
Wall, wall, wall

What do you do vs Russians who send 700 wood first, build 2nd blockhouse right next to the 1st, not really forward but right at ur 3rd or 4th hunt or goldmine? You will never push into 2 bh with cav/musk unless you really outmicro him hard. Russia doesnt want to push in anyways with 5 musk/5 cos cause you lose to 5 huss + tc.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

blasdg wrote:
umeu wrote:Lol there are so many ways to prepare.

In discovery

Age with -1 vils
Wall, wall, wall

What do you do vs Russians who send 700 wood first, build 2nd blockhouse right next to the 1st, not really forward but right at ur 3rd or 4th hunt or goldmine? You will never push into 2 bh with cav/musk unless you really outmicro him hard. Russia doesnt want to push in anyways with 5 musk/5 cos cause you lose to 5 huss + tc.?

these kinds of russia have good defense but their units are less. 700w 700g 600g semiff deal with it.
remember if you dont atrack him, his 2 bh or even 3 bh is a waste of wood.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

blasdg wrote:

In discovery

Age with -1 vils
Wall, wall, wall

What do you do vs Russians who send 700 wood first, build 2nd blockhouse right next to the 1st, not really forward but right at ur 3rd or 4th hunt or goldmine? You will never push into 2 bh with cav/musk unless you really outmicro him hard. Russia doesnt want to push in anyways with 5 musk/5 cos cause you lose to 5 huss + tc.
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

But he is building units and you have no fast up. When he attacks at the right time, like 30 seconds before you arrive in fortress, you just lost. Your army is so much smaller and your vills are idled by his army. Dunno, I feel that Russia wins when scouted properly.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

hazza54321 wrote:I think its an even match up even on high hunt, brit has to push out eventually, and russia can boom raid and mass at the same time, being able to spam from 3bhs quite early on
Can I have a build order for early 3 BH spam plz
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

blasdg wrote:

In discovery

Age with -1 vils
Wall, wall, wall

What do you do vs Russians who send 700 wood first, build 2nd blockhouse right next to the 1st, not really forward but right at ur 3rd or 4th hunt or goldmine? You will never push into 2 bh with cav/musk unless you really outmicro him hard. Russia doesnt want to push in anyways with 5 musk/5 cos cause you lose to 5 huss + tc.?

Grenadiers will clean that up no problem. You actually want them to do that. Otherwise a musk huss push will clean that up too, just add 10 pike to siege while musk huss fights.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

blasdg wrote:

In discovery

Age with -1 vils
Wall, wall, wall

Grenadiers will clean that up no problem. You actually want them to do that. Otherwise a musk huss push will clean that up too, just add 10 pike to siege while musk huss fights.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

somppukunkku wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:I think its an even match up even on high hunt, brit has to push out eventually, and russia can boom raid and mass at the same time, being able to spam from 3bhs quite early on
Can I have a build order for early 3 BH spam plz
its my secret build, sorry :)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

250*3 = 600 + 150 = 750

so he is clearly sending 300w first and aging with 400w, as well as chopping 50w

there you are somppu
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

incog wrote:250*3 = 600 + 150 = 750

so he is clearly sending 300w first and aging with 400w, as well as chopping 50w

there you are somppu
Yea, that''s easy but how do you spam units from 3 bh''s in the same time ')
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

by getting a TP ofc :lemon:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Some next-level Russia talks going on here.