Balancing Out Resources

No Flag janphilippr
Crossbow

Balancing Out Resources

Post by janphilippr »

janphilippr wrote:So I have been playing a lot of Japan recently and stumbled upon a big problem that I have almost every game.

I am always trying to balance out gatherers so that I have the correct amount of resources for a certain army composition say Yumi, Ashi or Ashi, Nagi. Now I almost always
have too little wood to make Yumis because for example I have too few shrines that produce wood or too little food for a good Ashi production with 2 batches of 5 units each time.
Now my question is: Are there certain ratios for certain army compositions which are basically the key to a good unit production while still having a steady villager production going on? If so how do you properly balance the gatherers out?

Now I am extremely eager to find out the right balance for Japan, where of course the shrines also come into play. Can anyone give me tips on how to properly balance all of these things out?

Thanks in advance JP

Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Balancing Out Resources

Post by blackwidow »

For a yumi/ashi composition I usually have around 6 dudes on coin, 4-5 vills and shrines on wood and the rest on food. (Late colonial - mid fortress something like this)
But it really depends on what your opponent is making so you know which unit you want to produce more than the other.

I'm not a good player at all so don't blindly take this advice. I'm just saying what works for me :P
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Balancing Out Resources

Post by Jaeger »

I dont know about Japan but for india ghurka/zamb/sowar its as many villagers on food as on gold, and before you get the big wood trickle you need 5-9 vills on wood depending on how fast you get market upgrades. After the trickle it's about 4-5 on wood, or a few more if you still didn't get all the market upgrades.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Balancing Out Resources

Post by Mimsy for President »

That's how I do :

Double ashi : Either you put all your vills on food and shrines on coin (you might need 1-2 vills on mine) OR 3:2 ratio food/coin. I do the 1st one when I need to max out my very first batch, however, the 2nd one is preferable for the rest.

Double yumi : all vills gather food if you've sent 600w OR ELSE 6-8 vills on wood. Shrines set on wood ofc.
Austria hwoarang
Musketeer
ESO: Hwoarang

Balancing Out Resources

Post by hwoarang »

Just put 1-2 more vills than you expect to need on wood/gold and at the point where you think that your res will be unbalanced in a few seconds, just press CTRL+E, Q (shrines on food) to balance it, after that do the same just vice versa when you think you will get too much food and press CTRL+E, W or CTRL+E, E. You can also sell/buy stuff on your market to balance your res.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Balancing Out Resources

Post by Goodspeed »

hwoarang wrote:You can also sell/buy stuff on your market to balance your res.
While every good player uses this often because it''s overpowered - the coin for wood trade is even gaining you vill seconds the first couple of trades given both coin market ups and no wood market ups - new players should probably tread lightly. Might make you lazy.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Balancing Out Resources

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:
hwoarang wrote:You can also sell/buy stuff on your market to balance your res.
While every good player uses this often because its overpowered - the coin for wood trade is even gaining you vill seconds the first couple of trades given both coin market ups and no wood market ups - new players should probably tread lightly. Might make you lazy.

is it worth it to do this to compensate for a hunt or mine running out?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Balancing Out Resources

Post by Goodspeed »

To an extent. Gets expensive fast though.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Balancing Out Resources

Post by Goodspeed »

Aw :(
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Balancing Out Resources

Post by bart331 »

Well even if its a bad trade better do it to get quick wood for house than stay housed for a full minute
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Balancing Out Resources

Post by momuuu »

I learned this game through the mr milo ff. Its basically impossible to not use the market to trade resources :<
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Balancing Out Resources

Post by _venox_ »

mr milo 3 bank ff as dutch? :)) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP61zAifoIo
What I learned is that if one player buys 100w for 125 coin the other player has to pay 126 coin. I used to send the dutch cheaper first market upgrades and get them all, thinking I am booming really hard -.-
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Balancing Out Resources

Post by momuuu »

venox wrote:mr milo 3 bank ff as dutch? :)) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP61zAifoIo
What I learned is that if one player buys 100w for 125 coin the other player has to pay 126 coin. I used to send the dutch cheaper first market upgrades and get them all, thinking I am booming really hard -.-
Jup, that one. Back when I started playing, that was the only real strategy for Dutch that I managed to find.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Balancing Out Resources

Post by _venox_ »

I have an old rec where halbs were OP and this dutch player vs ger on patagonia did 3tc boom into industrial for halbs LOL.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Balancing Out Resources

Post by macacoalbino »

venox wrote:I have an old rec where halbs were OP and this dutch player vs ger on patagonia did 3tc boom into industrial for halbs LOL.
lol, halbs op, sounds like a different dimension :P

United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Balancing Out Resources

Post by rickytickitembo »

venox wrote:mr milo 3 bank ff as dutch? :)) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP61zAifoIo
Is that true? Selling resources affects the other player''s market?
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.