Uses for TEAM Early Dragoons

No Flag pyrgos
Crossbow

Post by pyrgos »

Ports have this card, which may seem interesting at first glance, but then you question if it's of any use at all.

Any thoughts on any circumstance where you would find this card interesting?

I personally can't think of many advantages besides massing ruyters if you match up with a Dutch team mate. But what the heck would ruyters be for in Age 2?
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

pyrgos wrote:Ports have this card, which may seem interesting at first glance, but then you question if it''s of any use at all.

Any thoughts on any circumstance where you would find this card interesting?

I personally can''t think of many advantages besides massing ruyters if you match up with a Dutch team mate. But what the heck would ruyters be for in Age 2?
Dragoons in age 2 kill cav well. I saw a game on bart''s stream where he played against kynesie and one of his friends in a 2v2 on silk road. It was port + port vs fre + ???. One of the port guys shipped the early dragoons and killed bart''s hussars with them. It seemed pretty legit, but there is a reasonable skill difference between bart and kynesie, so i cannot say whether it is legit or not. In addition, I dont play team games and im not very good myself so i cant be sure.

In 1v1 on the other hand, portugal is sadly the worst civ to play on land maps and sending early dragoons [instead of something better] may make them even harder to play [against a good opponent] on water maps you would surely send schooners as your age 1 card.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

In team game or 1v1 you can just ff with port (even vs rush) and get access to veteran dragoons without using a card.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

you need early skirm? india
need early goon? india
No Flag pyrgos
Crossbow

Post by pyrgos »

Zamburak will train 15% faster with this card, and Ming/ Mongolian armies will train 7%.
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Post by edehollandsbrother »

Rifle riders are very effective against the ubiquitous age 2 musk-huss combo. So a Sioux ally could definitely benefit from this card.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Sioux ally has bow riders, why would he makes any other units? :D
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Post by edehollandsbrother »

To counter massed musk I suppose.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

french portus sioux early skirm early goon wakina goons skirms RR would be troll-y.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

edehollandsbrother wrote:To counter massed musk I suppose.
I''ve been under the impression that mass musket loses to mass bow rider?

@OP
Age 2 ruyters have less stats then their age 3 counterpart. I''ve seen mass xbow counter them easily in age 2. Seems like a waste of a card, but I''m a noob so idk.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

edehollandsbrother wrote:Rifle riders are very effective against the ubiquitous age 2 musk-huss combo. So a Sioux ally could definitely benefit from this card.

Indeed. That would be op af
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

einfein wrote:
edehollandsbrother wrote:To counter massed musk I suppose.
Ive been under the impression that mass musket loses to mass bow rider?

@OP
Age 2 ruyters have less stats then their age 3 counterpart. Ive seen mass xbow counter them easily in age 2. Seems like a waste of a card, but Im a noob so idk.

Ive seen people use this sometimes in 3v3 and sometimes it really seems to work but when Ive tried it I just found their lower stats made them so weak they were a waste of money
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

yurashic wrote:Sioux ally has bow riders, why would he makes any other units? :D

it''s a good thing right now r riders would be way too. Expensive to be a viable option in age to especially if they are weak I have done evening star for sepoys before and I was just appalled at how horrendously pathetic age 2 r riders performed
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

yurashic wrote:Sioux ally has bow riders, why would he makes any other units? :D

it''right now r riders would be way too expensive to be a viable option in age two especially if they are not vet I have done evening star vs sepoy jani mass before and I was just appalled at how horrendously pathetic age 2 r riders performed vs them. I had a great mass and I thought well my problems are solved I''m really going to pull one over on him ha ha Ha but then they all just got raped by sepoys in my micro was even better too
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

I wonder what the stats of age 2 WW are like. . .

Could be still really tanky
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

edehollandsbrother wrote:Rifle riders are very effective against the ubiquitous age 2 musk-huss combo. So a Sioux ally could definitely benefit from this card.

Dont bow riders counter musk huss aswell ')
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Bow riders don't have multipliers and both bows and RR die to xbows pretty fast: 16 range (4 more than bows or RR) and xbows got times 2 vs ranged cav = 36 dmg compared to 23 of a musketeer. Adding 10-20 bows as france for example is easily done.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Re: Uses for TEAM Early Dragoons

Post by Kazamkikaz »

could be good card on team game if you could make howdah and black raider in colonial age, i made a post about dutch portugal french shirm cassador dragon on colonial age, every body said just age to fortress, i think age is not bad idea since the stats is low on colonial
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Well you can ship worse things to be sure. It'd be a good card if there weren't civs which could already make goons in age 2.
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher

Post by saveyourskill »

Last I check you can get vet war wagons in age 2 with that card and vet cass in age 2 with early skirms.
Got Badger Milk?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

thats correct