Food Shipments

Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Food Shipments

Post by _venox_ »

I rarely see many food shipments in peoples card decks. Even though they aren't worth much in terms of villager seconds, they can still be better than sending 600 wood or 7 skirmisher for example.

Also they can be used as a substitute for missing cards' just think of the lack of ranged infantry cards for spain or non existing or bad hussar cards for the portuguese or the dutch. 4 huss for the dutch is only 480 food and 320 coin, coin which you will be gathering much of anyways for the skirm ruyter combo. Sending 1k food as dutch allows you to spam 10 hussar without any macro adjustments, or 15-18 huss with some macro adjustments. This is just better than sending the 4 hussars which aren't even scary when popped out of a tc onto your enemy.

Also spain could go 2 rax (possibly also a stable) earlier by sending 1k food and having most villagers on your 2 starting coin mines, possibly spamming 20 skirmishers to make up for the lack of skirmisher cards. Remember the food pays off fast and just adds resources to your inventory to spam full batches. Maybe 3v 700c 700w 5v 2falcs 12pike 1k wood 1k food might be a viable and strong strategy with the right macro and often played in the future.

Food is also great for timings: It pays off the fastest out of all 3 resource shipments and makes the 700w 700c 700f 5coss build work, everything rendered to have the biggest possible mass at a specific point in time. Change the food and coin for a very fast switch from musk to cossacks.

Also for sioux the 1k food can come in handy to call the 4-6 dog soldiers. Also many military shipments consist of mostly food, yet people prefer the shipments over the 1k food. In theory if you can afford to spam 7 musk adding a second rax is good because your economy will grow to support 10 muskets fast enough. The food shipments are strong when you can't quite afford to spam full batches yet.

The food will allow you to spam 20-50% more units compared to second grade unit shipments like 7 skirmishers and is very easy on your macro' your villagers are safer gathering from coin mines than out gathering food. The additional units allow you to break out and get map control for animals easier.

For the portuguese the 1k food can be 10 additional villagers in times where you normally would stop villager production to focus on military production to defend your base. 1k food could also be 10 hussars which is very valuable if you need them. Imo 10 villagers is better than an eco upgrade on a low food map and allows for a faster transition onto mills. Portuguese can reach 99 villagers at minute 20 easily and only struggle with lack of food or the smaller army early on. They are also the food intensest civ since they have to pay 100 food for every villager, and don't get villager shipments or cheaper vills (russia) or shrines (wood) or manors (wood). With 3 tcs up the 1k food is quickly translated into 10 villagers when food is rare.

The 1k food can also be used as the russians, allowing to spam 12 more villagers at times where you spend more food than your income (losing many strelets and cav archers and allows for a smoth vill spam AND army spam to defend the villagers. In a way losing military wise renders your villagers useless, so the 1k food in a way acts as a defensive versatile economical shipment.

Also if you want to make coyote as the aztecs fast I'd send 700f: with 2 warhuts up you can easily spam 10 coyotes within 40 seconds. 700f is superior to the lousy 5 coyote shipment.

Remember food shipments aren't for every civ: most have a strong enough food income already without food intense units or just stronger army shipments worth more (8 bows as france vs 700f) or germans army shipments vs 1k food. In a way 1k food is worth 2+ bisons and the villager seconds that it would take to gather the 1k food from it and just adds the little bit extra you need.

Overall my thoughts on food shipments:
Pay off the fastest out of all resource shipments
easy on your macro
substitute lack of cards. hussar or ranged inf
versatile usage: 10 vills or sioux big button
together with army shipments make for great timings
very fast composition switch possible: pooling hussar as portus or dutch
worth much compared to army shipments consisting mostly of food
allows for extra units before having to take map control for animals

What are your thoughts?
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Food Shipments

Post by yurashic »

Food shipments are good for certain civs, who have food heavy units.

As Aztec 700 f is very good because you do not have steel traps. It allows you to mass many units fast and don't allow your enemy to age. Same for Russia.

As Spain I would not recommend 1000 f, the only BO where I see it used well is 3 v -> 700 c -> 700 w -> 5 v -> 1000 w -> 1000 f and spam lancer/rod.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Food Shipments

Post by Garja »

5 coyos and 700f both suck hard. 5 coyos works better for the purpose of adding more military while applying pressure.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Food Shipments

Post by deleted_user0 »

Theyre not really good shipments, but theyre shipments you put i. For some civs in some mus in case something goes wrong. On low res maps or maps with huntscrews 700f might get you out of a tight spot. Perhaps less relevamt on garjas maps but good in qs.

Only civs that would use 700f regularly are ports, cuz the food allows to mass food heavy units while producibg vils, otto, for jan rush or to add hussar after you used 700600c on abus.

1000f id only use as ports, for the same reasons as above, but usually its not needed. And as spain in case you are playing on a low hunt map and want to mass some lancers or go iv. And h2o uses it for dutch to add hussars.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Food Shipments

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

As port to fi it is really usefull.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Food Shipments

Post by _venox_ »

Nice signature dia. I thought if you go port fi you do steel traps in colo then 20% food upgrade and then the 1k coin, fort wagon in between somewhere. Fi only worth it if you have enough walls or on water maps, else your enemy is going to crush you. Maybe cm will buy enough time though, I don't know.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Food Shipments

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

venox wrote:Nice signature dia. I thought if you go port fi you do steel traps in colo then 20% food upgrade and then the 1k coin, fort wagon in between somewhere. Fi only worth it if you have enough walls or on water maps, else your enemy is going to crush you. Maybe cm will buy enough time though, I don''t know.
You do ST yeah.
Setugen''s bo was CM/700g/1k gold/1 k food/ 1 k wood but you can send the fort instead.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Food Shipments

Post by _venox_ »

Setugen is such an OP player, I remember a rec of him vs takumans aztecs on araucania and he was just lazy AF just microing his goons, knowing he will win either way.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Food Shipments

Post by adderbrain5 »

When I find myself booming hard and massing lots of musks as Brits in colonial I find I actually need that 700 shipment I risked being called ]A noob for and Added. I have often wondered " am I a noob because I find myself actually needing/ using it?"
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Food Shipments

Post by adderbrain5 »

I used to like the team food crates that Sioux has. Sioux has a lot
Of potential fast aging including team dog soldier shipments and team covered wagons in addition to team 600 1000 crates
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Food Shipments

Post by _venox_ »

Imagine a 30 strelet card for 300 wood, would that be any good? In fortress, where russia will most likely have enough blockhouses and housing space, 1k food translates to about 30 strelets, all you have to gather additionally is 300 wood. Quite easy on your macro, isn't it? And 30 strelets could give you the extra amount of units needed to push out, to turn a battle in your favour.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Food Shipments

Post by adderbrain5 »

venox wrote:Imagine a 30 strelet card for 300 wood, would that be any good? In fortress, where russia will most likely have enough blockhouses and housing space, 1k food translates to about 30 strelets, all you have to gather additionally is 300 wood. Quite easy on your macro, isn''t it? And 30 strelets could give you the extra amount of units needed to push out, to turn a battle in your favour.

reminds me I also use that crate with Russia when I go for suvirov 100. Vet musk timing strat
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Food Shipments

Post by Marco1698 »

[quote author="@venox" source="/post/28257/thread" timestamp="1437405376"]I rarely see many food shipments in peoples card decks. Even though they aren't worth much in terms of villager seconds, they can still be better than sending 600 wood or 7 skirmisher for example.

Also they can be used as a substitute for missing cards' just think of the lack of ranged infantry cards for spain or non existing or bad hussar cards for the portuguese or the dutch. 4 huss for the dutch is only 480 food and 320 coin, coin which you will be gathering much of anyways for the skirm ruyter combo. Sending 1k food as dutch allows you to spam 10 hussar without any macro adjustments, or 15-18 huss with some macro adjustments. This is just better than sending the 4 hussars which aren't even scary when popped out of a tc onto your enemy.

Also spain could go 2 rax (possibly also a stable) earlier by sending 1k food and having most villagers on your 2 starting coin mines, possibly spamming 20 skirmishers to make up for the lack of skirmisher cards. Remember the food pays off fast and just adds resources to your inventory to spam full batches. Maybe 3v 700c 700w 5v 2falcs 12pike 1k wood 1k food might be a viable and strong strategy with the right macro and often played in the future.

Food is also great for timings: It pays off the fastest out of all 3 resource shipments and makes the 700w 700c 700f 5coss build work, everything rendered to have the biggest possible mass at a specific point in time. Change the food and coin for a very fast switch from musk to cossacks.

Also for sioux the 1k food can come in handy to call the 4-6 dog soldiers. Also many military shipments consist of mostly food, yet people prefer the shipments over the 1k food. In theory if you can afford to spam 7 musk adding a second rax is good because your economy will grow to support 10 muskets fast enough. The food shipments are strong when you can't quite afford to spam full batches yet.

The food will allow you to spam 20-50% more units compared to second grade unit shipments like 7 skirmishers and is very easy on your macro' your villagers are safer gathering from coin mines than out gathering food. The additional units allow you to break out and get map control for animals easier.

For the portuguese the 1k food can be 10 additional villagers in times where you normally would stop villager production to focus on military production to defend your base. 1k food could also be 10 hussars which is very valuable if you need them. Imo 10 villagers is better than an eco upgrade on a low food map and allows for a faster transition onto mills. Portuguese can reach 99 villagers at minute 20 easily and only struggle with lack of food or the smaller army early on. They are also the food intensest civ since they have to pay 100 food for every villager, and don't get villager shipments or cheaper vills (russia) or shrines (wood) or manors (wood). With 3 tcs up the 1k food is quickly translated into 10 villagers when food is rare.

The 1k food can also be used as the russians, allowing to spam 12 more villagers at times where you spend more food than your income (losing many strelets and cav archers and allows for a smoth vill spam AND army spam to defend the villagers. In a way losing military wise renders your villagers useless, so the 1k food in a way acts as a defensive versatile economical shipment.

Also if you want to make coyote as the aztecs fast I'd send 700f: with 2 warhuts up you can easily spam 10 coyotes within 40 seconds. 700f is superior to the lousy 5 coyote shipment.

Remember food shipments aren't for every civ: most have a strong enough food income already without food intense units or just stronger army shipments worth more (8 bows as france vs 700f) or germans army shipments vs 1k food.?In a way 1k food is worth 2+ bisons and the villager seconds that it would take to gather the 1k food from it and just adds the little bit extra you need.

Overall my thoughts on food shipments:
Pay off the fastest out of all resource shipments
easy on your macro
substitute lack of cards. hussar or ranged inf
versatile usage: 10 vills or sioux big button
together with army shipments make for great timings
very fast composition switch possible: pooling hussar as portus or dutch
worth much compared to army shipments consisting mostly of food
allows for extra units before having to take map control for animals

What are your thoughts?[/quote]
I think 700 f is pretty good with some civs for example Otto Dutch ecc. But overall it's a bad card because almost of the civ don't require it on the deck