The Ports Struggle

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

The Ports Struggle

Post by Marco1698 »

subzero wrote:Ports are nothing special on land. There''s only 1% hope to win vs Japan on land. On water too you have only 40% chance to win. Port vs Japan is just unfair MU anyway.

Breezebrothers knows Ports well. He does pike semi FI against Japan. But still it doesn''t work 100% of times.

Here''s a rec of him playing against Japan.
http://eso-community.net/attachment/download/625

I think musk semi is also a good idea, but Japan just wins this MU :(
And you should NEVER defend vs Japan, as any civ. The reason why Japan always wins because you give it time. There''s no way to beat Japan other than being quick.
If you are in age 4, and Japan is in age 4, there''s no way you can win, even with better eco.

Japan only lose for three reasons:
1)Losing to early aggression
2)Being a lot of score behind
3)Being one age behind

lol 1 % then 40%. You can''t apply precisely the maths here
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

The Ports Struggle

Post by adderbrain5 »

aizamk wrote:Be aware in your tests that when you place units in the scenario editor, cassadors get placed at veteran stats by default while skirms have colonial stats, that is likely where you are going wrong. I''m sure I don''t need to state it, but a comparative 20% boost to hp and attack makes a huge difference. You''ll notice that in zoom''s post he has nerfed cassador stats to compensate.
are you sure about that? because early skirms allows just plain cass. That''s why I always figured that skirm/goon that can be trained early are placed at colonial stats. If not, then is it impossible to make early skirm/goon stat units in the editor? that doesn''t seem right.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

The Ports Struggle

Post by tedere12 »

yemshi wrote:1)Ports lose if they don''t have hunts
2)Ports lose in Fortress wars beacuse you spend your food to make vills (but you need to' he prob send 2vill cards)
3) Ports lose in Skirm/Cannon war ( Cassa4)Ports lose in eco wars because other booms are more efficient. (India, Japan,Brit)
5) Ports need time' You can''t take this time in 80% of all cases
6) Once up to IV with like 50 vills you start to get rolling. HC, Jinetes and Musketeers (Same as strong as Brit one but just use Jinetes)
7) Ports don''t have a real civ bonus.

cassadors are better than skirms
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

The Ports Struggle

Post by Jaeger »

Cassadors lose 1v1 to skirms but they are more cost effective than skirms. However, if you semi ff witg port you will not even be able to match the raw numbers of skirms, and skirms win in equal numbers. And if you even try to keep up in skirm war, you wont even believe how fast all ur food ran out. The only civ port can outskirm is spain. France and german absolutely destroy port on land. Even dutch beats port hard on land.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

The Ports Struggle

Post by adderbrain5 »

Why is it that every time I see this thread I imagine the port explorer on the toilet taking a shit and grunting just having a really hard time with it
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

The Ports Struggle

Post by tedere12 »

ovi12 wrote:Cassadors lose 1v1 to skirms but they are more cost effective than skirms. However, if you semi ff witg port you will not even be able to match the raw numbers of skirms, and skirms win in equal numbers. And if you even try to keep up in skirm war, you wont even believe how fast all ur food ran out. The only civ port can outskirm is spain. France and german absolutely destroy port on land. Even dutch beats port hard on land.

they dont lose they are better actually and they cost less
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

The Ports Struggle

Post by Jaeger »

tedere12 wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Cassadors lose 1v1 to skirms but they are more cost effective than skirms. However, if you semi ff witg port you will not even be able to match the raw numbers of skirms, and skirms win in equal numbers. And if you even try to keep up in skirm war, you wont even believe how fast all ur food ran out. The only civ port can outskirm is spain. France and german absolutely destroy port on land. Even dutch beats port hard on land.
they dont lose they are better actually and they cost less
They do lose 1v1 (skirm survives with one shot of dying) but yeah cassadors are more cost effective. You will never be able to keep up in the raw number of skirms tho, not to mention that you need more cassadores than skirms
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego