French xbow/pike rush

No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

French xbow/pike rush

Post by aoefan4life »

Everytime I do it vs British they always just pwn it np. I kill early vills but it doesn't matter at all so I was wondering if this type of rush just sucks now or is there a good way of going about it?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

French xbow/pike rush

Post by deleted_user0 »

It sux
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

French xbow/pike rush

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hit the eco hard and fast and ignore army mostly, unless in range ofc. Then attack with army upon 8 bow or 3 cav arriving, which is around 7,30-8min
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

French xbow/pike rush

Post by giveuanxiety »

it can work real good vs brit if their 2-3rd hunt is somewhat out there and you can sit on top of it. In this situation only pike u have to watch for is if he raids you while you army is by his base, but can leave 5 pike or so back at home to deal with raids
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

French xbow/pike rush

Post by fei123456 »

can xbow pike really beat musk hussar?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

French xbow/pike rush

Post by deleted_user0 »

paul wrote:can xbow pike really beat musk hussar?

Its the weaker composition but massed faster, and as zuta said: sometimes when you have more stuff you just win.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

French xbow/pike rush

Post by Goodspeed »

umeu wrote:Hit the eco hard and fast and ignore army mostly, unless in range ofc. Then attack with army upon 8 bow or 3 cav arriving, which is around 7,30-8min
This. Don''t commit earlier than that unless he messed up and gave you a window. Another option is sending 4v first then switching from bow to musk at some point, then holding Brit''s push for map control. (4v 700w 600w (add stable) 700g 600g 8 bow).
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

French xbow/pike rush

Post by deleted_user0 »

U cant open dbl rax with 4v first ang get full batches. U could 700w4v600w or 700600w4v but 4v first seems like a stretch
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

French xbow/pike rush

Post by Goodspeed »

You aren't going for full batches obviously. Your goal is not to do game-deciding damage early but to scare them into booming less and to hold map control as they run out of resources. I'd prefer this build over the usual fortress-based play on some maps.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

French xbow/pike rush

Post by aoefan4life »

This sounds better than just sticking with xbow/pike until they die because they can just mass husuar/muskets and pwn you.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

French xbow/pike rush

Post by _venox_ »

I would always add in hussars after 4 villagers with the 700 coin shipment, even if they can't raid they do great against longbowmen and can defend raids easier than pikemen. Also if the enemy gets a wall up with longbowmen behind, cav is needed to stop the harassment and running back into safety with lbs.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

French xbow/pike rush

Post by Garja »

xbow-pike do beat musk huss early in the game, it's the exact hard to counter to that. Just a good player would make lbows and huss or lbows and musks
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

French xbow/pike rush

Post by Hazza54321 »

What is the most optimal build as french vs brits because semi ff is too slow imo and xbow pike loses to lb
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

French xbow/pike rush

Post by Marco1698 »

That rush doesn't work always vs British expecially if they have got good hunts. You have to try Semi-ff. Everybody says it's good vs brit also if I lose with that almost of the games.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

French xbow/pike rush

Post by momuuu »

I'd xbow pike if his hunts are meh, otherwise attempt the semi FF.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

French xbow/pike rush

Post by Mimsy for President »

hazza54321 wrote:What is the most optimal build as french vs brits because semi ff is too slow imo and xbow pike loses to lb
Maybe 30-40 musk semi because I think it''s at this moment that brit sends musk atk card. If you get the falcs with a decent number of musks it''s gg imho.