Lancer

Best water civ?

Post by adderbrain5 »

bramboy wrote:Japan[span] [span] [/span][/span]
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Best water civ?

Post by adderbrain5 »

marco1698 wrote:Ok but what makes azzy the best?
The biggest navy in the game, super cheap warships, 15 wood fishing boats, amazing stats and range, and units with huge siege like skull knights that can be dropped off to surprise wreak massive desctruction to an undefended base
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Best water civ?

Post by Marco1698 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
The biggest navy in the game, super cheap warships, 15 wood fishing boats, amazing stats and range, and units with huge siege like skull knights that can be dropped off to surprise wreak massive desctruction to an undefended base

I will watch some azzy recs on water maps then. :)
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Best water civ?

Post by adderbrain5 »

h2o wrote:Brits are te close second actually because offshore support
well I never play brits or ports on water. I am always just OPAF with Aztec. So I am going off of who has given me the best fight. And even with all the cards that makes brits navy awesome, it still cant match Aztecs, and so the only real threat is port 50 range mortars. But Id say that brits could probably beat ports.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Best water civ?

Post by adderbrain5 »

marco1698 wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:The biggest navy in the game, super cheap warships, 15 wood fishing boats, amazing stats and range, and units with huge siege like skull knights that can be dropped off to surprise wreak massive desctruction to an undefended base
once in a NR20 4v4 on Ceylon I basically won as az all by myself. Wish I had the rec but no one did record it. It was so laggy I doubt it would be interesting anyway. Im not sure how many water rec are out there. Maybe I could do one.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Best water civ?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

marco1698 wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:The biggest navy in the game, super cheap warships, 15 wood fishing boats, amazing stats and range, and units with huge siege like skull knights that can be dropped off to surprise wreak massive desctruction to an undefended base

Waterboom as azzy isnt viable.

Best water civ?

Post by Marco1698 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
marco1698 wrote: I will watch some azzy recs on water maps then. :)
once in a NR20 ?4v4 on Ceylon I basically won as az all?by myself. Wish I had the rec but no one did record it. It was so laggy I doubt it would be interesting anyway. Im not sure how many water rec are out there. Maybe I could do one.

this is a good idea
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Best water civ?

Post by adderbrain5 »

another thing marco is just the problem of ship micro basically being solved by using Aztecs. I think it is just so much easier to micro az ship mass than euro ones. They don't have to turn to align their guns before they fire, and there is no broadside to micro, which would probably take all mental effort you have with a full admirality navy. That is really awesome and gets u in the zone for real, but at the same time your paying attention to that, I might be in ur base with a 3 area damage skull knight box

Best water civ?

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:
marco1698 wrote: I will watch some azzy recs on water maps then. :)
Waterboom as azzy isnt viable.

?? Everyone says azzy has the best water and you say this is not viable... Why??
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Best water civ?

marco1698 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Waterboom as azzy isnt viable.
?? Everyone says azzy has the best water and you say this is not viable... Why??
Well, their boats are great but they cant hold a land push in 1v1, in team they are ok tho.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Best water civ?

Post by adderbrain5 »

marco1698 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Waterboom as azzy isnt viable.
I actually agree with him that its not viable in SUP on standard maps generally. Unless you know your opponent is a silly port player going for some naked FI. Then again, at lower level than say captain, you can probably get it to work for you.
Germany oO_Chief_Oo
Musketeer
ESO: S77XN

Best water civ?

Post by oO_Chief_Oo »

Dunno if I'm wrong but i count 1 and 1 together and feel like India might create a pretty decent sea boom without having to give in too many efforts in unit creation
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Best water civ?

Post by adderbrain5 »

diarouga wrote:
marco1698 wrote:?? Everyone says azzy has the best water and you say this is not viable... Why??
Well, their boats are great but they cant hold a land push in 1v1, in team they are ok tho.
in team this is an excellent strat. hes right that in team az cant hold a land push in this scenario very well. That 3v3 I played the other day, I had almost 8k food, and at least 3k coin before the rush got to my base, but even with all those resources, big buttons, fast trained tons of mace, still just couldnt hold it. At least I could give my team tons of res to rebuild and train, but 1v1 no they cant hold out.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Best water civ?

Post by _venox_ »

diarouga wrote:
marco1698 wrote:?? Everyone says azzy has the best water and you say this is not viable... Why??
Well you first play normal and ship schooners at some point. Should be quite easy since schooners are worth more than 4 villagers, so just send it instead of the 4.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Best water civ?

venox wrote:
diarouga wrote:Well, their boats are great but they cant hold a land push in 1v1, in team they are ok tho.
Well you first play normal and ship schooners at some point. Should be quite easy since schooners are worth more than 4 villagers, so just send it instead of the 4.
It isnt a water boom anymore, at the point you send schooner, the game is almost over.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Best water civ?

Post by zoom »

adderbrain5 wrote:
Whether Aztecs have the "biggest" navy in the game is less interesting than whether they have the strongest navy in the game, just as whether their warships are "cheap" is less interesting than whether they are more or less cost effective compared to the competition. Shipping TEAM Cheap Fishing Boats in a 1v1 is not desirable. I have no fucking kloo what you are claiming has "amazing stats and range", but nothing the Aztecs have has "amazing range", thats for sure. Skull Knights are so whoreshit terribad its not even funny and that argument in the first place (regardless of whether a less pathetic unit was featured) is pointless. Any civilization can do that, and it certainly has nothing to do with what we are discussing ITT.

Heres a fact that seems as though it would actually add to the discussion: Canoes receive absolutely no upgrades outside of cards. This means that as soon as Euro Trash and Jap Bastards get their Colonial Age warship upgrades, canoes are nothing but a liability by comparison.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Best water civ?

Post by Garja »

lol
Image Image Image
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Best water civ?

Post by _venox_ »

canoes have really high siege damage per cost and aztecs have 10 wp on the water dance.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Best water civ?

Post by momuuu »

Maybe aztec have the best anti water abilities, but I dont see them camping near the coast close to their OP frigates. I personally think thats almost required if you want to succesfully do a water boom vs land play, and Im not sure how good aztex are at that.

Correct me if Im wrong though, I tend to boycoy water in my games.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Best water civ?

Post by yurashic »

Water vs water - Britain, best navy in the game.

Water vs land - Port, you cant push into their base because of TCs. Strong lategame.

Just strong - Japan, great lategame, navy and best fishing upgrades.

Good - Aztec. With 3 v schooners warhut age 700 w 3 wp 600 c you can dance for production with 4 priests and make boats from 3-4 docks with crazy speed.

China is not very good, they are too slow. If your enemy plays water and you are China just go Old Han FI.

Ottomans not sure really.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Best water civ?

yurashic wrote:Water vs water - Britain, best navy in the game.

Water vs land - Port, you cant push into their base because of TCs. Strong lategame.

Just strong - Japan, great lategame, navy and best fishing upgrades.

Good - Aztec. With 3 v schooners warhut age 700 w 3 wp 600 c you can dance for production with 4 priests and make boats from 3-4 docks with crazy speed.

China is not very good, they are too slow. If your enemy plays water and you are China just go Old Han FI.

Ottomans not sure really.
Japan is very good vs land man.
Otto are super strong vs land. They have some incredible jan/abus/mams timings lol
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Best water civ?

Post by adderbrain5 »

zoom wrote:
Whether Aztecs have the "biggest" navy in the game is less interesting than whether they have the strongest navy in the game, just as whether their warships are "cheap" is less interesting than whether they are more or less cost effective compared to the competition. Shipping TEAM Cheap Fishing Boats in a 1v1 is not desirable. I have no fucking kloo what you are claiming has "amazing stats and range", but nothing the Aztecs have has "amazing range", thats for sure. Skull Knights are so whoreshit terribad its not even funny and that argument in the first place (regardless of whether a less pathetic unit was featured) is pointless. Any civilization can do that, and it certainly has nothing to do with what we are discussing ITT.

Heres a fact that seems as though it would actually add to the discussion: Canoes receive absolutely no upgrades outside of cards. This means that as soon as Euro Trash and Jap Bastards get their Colonial Age warship upgrades, canoes are nothing but a liability by comparison.

. I got the impression he was asking for potential not how things actually play out in high-level rush and I dont think anyone can argue that Aztec has the strongest Navy the biggest Navy and as far as cost of ships goes The most amazingly strong navyPlus with the van stock you can almost instant canoes
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Best water civ?

Post by adderbrain5 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
zoom wrote:Whether Aztecs have the "biggest" navy in the game is less interesting than whether they have the strongest navy in the game, just as whether their warships are "cheap" is less interesting than whether they are more or less cost effective compared to the competition. Shipping TEAM Cheap Fishing Boats in a 1v1 is not desirable. I have no fucking kloo what you are claiming has "amazing stats and range", but nothing the Aztecs have has "amazing range", thats for sure. Skull Knights are so whoreshit terribad its not even funny and that argument in the first place (regardless of whether a less pathetic unit was featured) is pointless. Any civilization can do that, and it certainly has nothing to do with what we are discussing ITT.

. I got the impression he was asking for potential not how things actually play out in high-level rush and I dont think anyone can argue that Aztec has the strongest Navy the biggest Navy and as far as cost of ships goes The most amazingly strong navyPlus with the van stock you can almost instant canoes

and by the way when you get to age 5 before him in a big water map I know most of you guys dont know what Im talking about by age 5 but anyway when you get to age 5 or Imperial age and send out the increased area damage card schools can wreak some serious distraction when they pay a surprise visit to your opponents economy
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Best water civ?

Post by _venox_ »

portus, dutch japan and to a lesser extend russia have industrial mortar upgrades which can be nice from land against water or from water against land.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Best water civ?

Post by deleted_user0 »

zoom wrote:

A fully upgraded tlaloc canoe demolishes every ship in the game you fool... And i dont understand why everyone thinks you have to schooner boom in order to win water... Its frigging stupid. The strongest navy is the one who rules water, not the one who can fishboom the best... Land boom totally demolishes a waterboom in terms of gatherate, efficiency and actual res available in terms of food. The thing that makes water so dangerous is the facf that there is no counter to it, you can only beat it by also going water in most cases, aka warships, and for some civs this is simply not viable. Hence they instantly lose unless they severyly outplay their opponent. Hence water is fucking broken... Yeye kynesies warship micro is good, but thats pretty much irrelevant because you dont need any fucking micro to have a 2 upgraded frigates demolish a hundred land units including their hard counter, culverins.