Otto questions!

No Flag matthew
Crossbow

Otto questions!

Post by matthew »

Hey I have a few questions for playing as Otto.

1. I generally know how to play on a map with TP's, but what if i'm playing on a map with none? What should i spend my wood crates on, and what starts should I generally use?

2. Are there ever match-ups I shouldn't go for jan/abus TP boom, and go for an FF/semi ?

3. I'm also not sure what my build order should be for water, or if it's even worth it to try to boom water with Otto.

Thanks
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Otto questions!

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I refuse to answer.
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Otto questions!

Post by bart331 »

It doesnt matter how retarded you play, everything otto does is op. Make units , right click tc, type: gg wp
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Otto questions!

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

1) go mosquee lol and either ff without the 3v card or jan/abus even if it will suck^^.

2) Jan/abus can work vs everything lol, you can also ff if you want.

3) You can jan/abus and put TPs on wood at some point and send schooners to water boom or build a dock in age 1 instead of the TP and send schooner instead of 3v.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Otto questions!

Post by _venox_ »

How about getting the tp still and sending 3 vill followed by schoners?
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Otto questions!

venox wrote:How about getting the tp still and sending 3 vill followed by schoners?
It would slow the water boom. I mean you wouldn''t have the 700w when you reach age 2 and 200w is basically 5boats so it is better than a TP
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Otto questions!

Post by _venox_ »

you will have 700w on time and age with 400 wood, also you're 3 villagers up which is basically 5 boats without ups.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Otto questions!

venox wrote:you will have 700w on time and age with 400 wood, also you''re 3 villagers up which is basically 5 boats without ups.
Yeah but you will up your boats more than your vills and you boats can''t be raided will your vills will be.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Otto questions!

Post by _venox_ »

Normally even your fishing boats should and will be challenged.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Otto questions!

Post by gibson »

I dont see why you would ever water boom. Against a civ that is you can just right click their tc at 7 or 8 minutes if you don't water boom but if you do water boom you actually give them a chance to make something happen.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Otto questions!

Post by _venox_ »

Otto normally has a mediocre economy and an overpowered army, now imagine they will have an overpowered army and economy. Imagine the spam they could do and they can always age up and with with even more superior units: mameluke spahi vet jan and vet abus, also cavarcher are better anti cav than jans are, so you can never touch his abus.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Otto questions!

Post by Marco1698 »

bramboy wrote:I refuse to answer.

lol
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Otto questions!

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:1) go mosquee lol and either ff without the 3v card or jan/abus even if it will suck^^.

2) Jan/abus can work vs everything lol, you can also ff if you want.

3) You can jan/abus and put TPs on wood at some point and send schooners to water boom or build a dock in age 1 instead of the TP and send schooner instead of 3v.

totally right +1
No Flag matthew
Crossbow

Otto questions!

Post by matthew »

I must be ass at this game.
I still lose every other game as Otto, I have more luck with India and Aztec. I still lose to crap like russian/aztec rushes. If i suspect a hard rush, should i forget upgrading my route and maybe send 5Jans first? Or should i be able to hold with resources crates and military from buildings? I always lose a TP before or around the time my first 5 jans come out.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Otto questions!

matthew wrote:I must be ass at this game.
I still lose every other game as Otto, I have more luck with India and Aztec. I still lose to crap like russian/aztec rushes. If i suspect a hard rush, should i forget upgrading my route and maybe send 5Jans first? Or should i be able to hold with resources crates and military from buildings? I always lose a TP before or around the time my first 5 jans come out.
If you can''t hold a rush, there''s a jan/abus variation: while aging just gather 300w+125g then everybody on food. With your 400w build a rax+a fondry, send 700g and make 5jajn/5abus, then send 700w and take TPs.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Otto questions!

Post by Mimsy for President »

diarouga wrote:
matthew wrote:I must be ass at this game.
If you cant hold a rush, theres a jan/abus variation: while aging just gather 300w+125g then everybody on food. With your 400w build a rax+a fondry, send 700g and make 5jajn/5abus, then send 700w and take TPs.

or send 600c after 700c to keep training abus jan if you play vs iro or even azzy sometimes. 2-3vills have to chop wood oncec youve gathered the 400w crates or else you are housed.