Does manually targeting ranged units affect their animation?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I've tried 35 musks vs 35 musks vs 2 different colonels now. Each time, they microed their ass off and I just attack moved and won. I think maybe if you set a command to a musk while he's loading his gun, maybe he starts loading his gun all over again but idk just guessing.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ovi12 wrote:I''ve tried 35 musks vs 35 musks vs 2 different colonels now. Each time, they microed their ass off and I just attack moved and won. ?I think maybe if you set a command to a musk while he''s loading his gun, maybe he starts loading his gun all over again but idk just guessing.

attack move OP confirmed
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

gibson wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Ive tried 35 musks vs 35 musks vs 2 different colonels now. Each time, they microed their ass off and I just attack moved and won. I think maybe if you set a command to a musk while hes loading his gun, maybe he starts loading his gun all over again but idk just guessing.
attack move OP confirmed
yes really
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You can attack move ?nd micro though. Amove doesn't prevent you from positioning your units or actively preventing overkill.
But yes, not attack moving in a 35 musk vs 35 musk war is madness.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

calmyourtits wrote:You can attack move ?nd micro though. Amove doesn''t prevent you from positioning your units or actively preventing overkill.
Idk if they DIDN''T attack move at first, i just said lets try me 35 musk and u micro vs me.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Sometimes less really is more. For example when regarding some aoe3 battles.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

calmyourtits wrote:You can attack move ?nd micro though. Amove doesn''t prevent you from positioning your units or actively preventing overkill.
Also, if you just leave musk alone don''t they a move automatically? What else would they do if you don''t immediately give them a next command?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Attack move is for noobs. Jk it is op really
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Imo attack move should be removed, so that a better micro really pays off. Here it's just too easy, sometimes even top players don't bother about microing hard some important fights, because it's simply not worth it. Without attack move, being able to split your units correctly would change a lot in a game...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Yes controlling muskets in musk vs musk is a bit of an art form. If you over control it you will lose because odds are you are setting up too much over kill and forcing units to walk a little to hit units that are out of range. I almost never right click in musk vs musk. It's more about tactical use of attack move and drawing ur opponent to let a few units stray.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I feel like its almost better to move in 2x 25 instead of 1x50 because of the concave. But its easier to get caught out of position that way as well
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

The only thing you could do without investing much time is if your enemy is a-moving and his units all shot at about the same time, you can send 1 musk in front to tank all the shots and thus wasting almost all of the enemies shots.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

That also works poorly IMO.

Just watch one of the many France, brit, or Japan mirrors I've played and see what I do. I don't know how to explain it, but just attack move is best.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:I feel like its almost better to move in 2x 25 instead of 1x50 because of the concave. But its easier to get caught out of position that way as well

Id agree that is probably the optimal way of doing it, but only if you dont get caught. If your opponent is pushing in to pressure you, you can probably do that withouy getting caught though. Someone should test this option by doing only attack move then to see if it is actually better.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

venox wrote:The only thing you could do without investing much time is if your enemy is a-moving and his units all shot at about the same time, you can send 1 musk in front to tank all the shots and thus wasting almost all of the enemies shots.

This can actually work sometimes, see the musketeer wars in veni vs mitoe french mirror last tourney.
oranges.
No Flag spear
Crossbow

Post by spear »

I think in attack move, if an enemy unit is dead before an unit just about to fire on it, it diverts this shot to any other enemy units. While in micro mode, there are three problems :
1. One cannot select exact amount of units needed to kill one enemy unit. Ex- Like selecting exactly 7 muskets (161 combined ranged attack) to kill one enemy musket(150 HP) instantly. So wastage of shots if like 8+ are selected.
2. Sometimes you mis-click on ground instead on enemy units as they keep moving so your selected bunch of muskets walk to that spot instead of shooting. Or due to a bug if u shift click a group of muskets on an enemy musket and if it dies before your selected
muskets target it, they walk to that spot (where that enemy unit died), I think.
3. I will add this later

I feel that attack move can be countered if the army movement is stable like no moving back and forth, by having one row of all units in U or arc formation(One can make more groups but it is a tedious task to implement, 6 Musk*8 groups for 48 muskets). Or do what Ryan did like adding some ranged units like CrossBows behind muskets. Or keep moving low-hp units to back but beware muskets make huge horizontal line so those low hp muskets move all way around and get killed.
I believe one whose units waste less shots and walk less wins this match-up.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It can also result in a free kill if the opponent kites the forward musk
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

kaiserklein wrote:Imo attack move should be removed, so that a better micro really pays off. Here it''s just too easy, sometimes even top players don''t bother about microing hard some important fights, because it''s simply not worth it. Without attack move, being able to split your units correctly would change a lot in a game...

+ 1
By the way if your kiting or splitting just make sure after you hit attack move all the musks have fired before You move them, unless one is way in back out of range then your just wasting time and taking hits