sioux age 2 2TC/3TC boom strategy

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

by the light of tenkokugen, i found this.

ok i'm not trolling: the "TC" is not dock (sioux dont have schooner). it's native cree tp.
you can train 5 cdb from each in age 2, which means you can have an extra tc for about 150 seconds as soon as you reach age 2. and it costs 200w only. sounds good.
so this strategy can only be used on certain maps: saguenay, hudson bay, frozen great lakes, and yukon. and i'll take saguenay as example.

if your base is in the right of the map, congratulations. you can have 3 TCs in age 2.
age up with 15p. if there's a market at the beginning of the game, have the hunting dog upgraded. if it's a farm, try to collect 100w 75g for 10% food upgrade. if it's a plantation, forget that.
during transition, chop for a market, hunting dog (if you have upgraded it in age 1 just pass), and 200w (if you are in the left) for 1 cree tp, or 400w for 2.
when you reach age 2, collect the 400w and build 2 stables. send 4v. try to train vills and cdbs continuously. put most of your vills on food. the next shipment is 700g, and you can have 10 bow riders easily from that. and you can send 6 cetan or 4 axe rider to defend, or 600g to just age up.

pros:
incredible eco. after 7:00 you have 4 extra vills and 10 extra cdbs. yeah brit or japan can do this easily, but nobody can imagine sioux can do this. you can train 9-10 bow riders a batch easily after that, feeling like you're playing japan.

cons:
nearly 0 unit (i dont mean wolf, polar bear, outlaw rifleman, etc) before 7:00. so you can only use this when you think he wont attack before this point. it's like a bet. if you guess wrong, just gg.

key:
collect treasures. this will help you a lot. the extra xp can help you get the 2nd shipment (700g) and 3rd one faster, which means you can defend his attack much easier.

an alternative way:
if your opponent is trying an age 2 timing (but not an early one), this greedy strategy can hit him hard. but if he goes for a semiff, you will reach age 3 much later due to extra food investment. so, if you guess he will ff or semiff, you can do a normal 4v(4ar) 700g 700w semiff, and use 700w to build 1-2 cree tp and boom. you can reach afe 3 at aboit the same time as usual, and still have a better eco later.
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

Im gonna write a guide about making tps and upgrade them. Sioux can do it very fast, cuz fast explorer.

Gg
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

send 3 tp and upgrade them with 200w from the 400 age up wood, + a stables.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

whos gonna boom niga, we just appreciating bow riders
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Boom => more bow riders
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I think any player above pr20 would attack as soon as they see the native post.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

bramboy wrote:I think any player above pr20 would attack as soon as they see the native post.

I agree with this guy. It''s really easy to scout that native post and sioux is kinda vulnerable to double rax musk spam as it is.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

rsy wrote:
bramboy wrote:I think any player above pr20 would attack as soon as they see the native post.
I agree with this guy. Its really easy to scout that native post and sioux is kinda vulnerable to double rax musk spam as it is.
"this guy" has a name :(
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Truth is, if there is any civ going to benefit from getting more eco, its that bow rider civ.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

bramboy wrote:
rsy wrote:I agree with this guy. Its really easy to scout that native post and sioux is kinda vulnerable to double rax musk spam as it is.
"this guy" has a name? :(

ok
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

rsy wrote:
bramboy wrote:"this guy" has a name? :(
ok

indeed... This is the famous Mr bramboy fabled in aoe lore
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

Those TP villagers are also very exposed depending on where it is and can be raided easily by many civs doing a cav semi.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

I wonder who's crazy enough to cav semi against sioux

No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

macacoalbino wrote:I wonder who''s crazy enough to cav semi against sioux
Meaning you wouldn''t if you saw them taking TP''s instead of spamming bow riders?
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

einfein wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:I wonder whos crazy enough to cav semi against sioux
Meaning you wouldnt if you saw them taking TPs instead of spamming bow riders?

but bow riders wont be too late. a tp dont delay that much.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

paul wrote:when you reach age 2, collect the 400w and build 2 stables
How do you go for cav seeing this?

No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

double >'<'
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

Cree trading posts build cdb and native skirmishers. A few cav seem like a perfectly viable option for this. Like any strategy, if you scout it and understand what the sioux is trying to do you can play accordingly.