5%
Worth it only when less food/less coin/more wood available
65%

Total votes: 20

No Flag hnk97
Crossbow

Besteiros upgrade calculation and discussion

Post by hnk97 »

sergyou wrote:Are 24 besteiros better than 11 blackriders ?
Besteiros cost 2.4k blackriders cost 2k
I personally think that black riders are better because of 40 ranged damage with x2 vs. other cav. and x2.5 vs. artillery. Also, being cavalry they have much high movespeed than Xbows. They do however require being in age 4 so its not particularly relevant since Bestieros can be sent in fortress age, a full 3200 res not needed for the age up.

Posted by umeu

2 hours ago

I wonder if its viable to play a prolonged bow pike huss and then switch to mass bow goon huss with this guard up and arsenal ups. Gonna try it when im back.

Are there any arsenal upgrades for crossbowmen? I''m pretty sure there weren''t other than that 10% movement speed boost from advanced arsenal.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Adv arsenal gives only speed, but normal arsenal gives 10% hp to archaic
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Ye bow pike colo then age around 10 or 12 mins. Add huss in colo or fort if needed
Don''t you just get stuck in colo and loose vs most civs if you do that? And I think any civ except spain dutch and china beats port in age 2.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ports have a pretty decent colonial tbh, semi is the best way to play them. Now u just mass a bit more. U will be fine vs colo strats like that, its ffs or semi's with fast 2 cannons that are the scary part. But ye cant beat india like this probably, tho it could be good vs japan since u need pike semi anyway and bestierioes might match up to yumi despite the range discrepamcy

Thing is, the wood cost is so steep i feel that u probably couldjust won with a bigger mass than waiting to get bestieros
No Flag hnk97
Crossbow

Post by hnk97 »

I also think that Ports have a good colonial. Especially if you send colonial militia and with 2 TCs it is possible to make a very sizable mass to counterpush. I won a 1v1 like by starting xbow/pike with 700w,600w and then gathering food/gold only to pump out the militia army that gives you 15 (i think) minutemen. I imagine this is only viable on smaller maps though since you wouldn't want the minutemen to be 1 hp before even beginning the battle.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Ports have a pretty decent colonial tbh, semi is the best way to play them. Now u just mass a bit more. U will be fine vs colo strats like that, its ffs or semi''s with fast 2 cannons that are the scary part. But ye cant beat india like this probably, tho it could be good vs japan since u need pike semi anyway and bestierioes might match up to yumi despite the range discrepamcy

Thing is, the wood cost is so steep i feel that u probably couldjust won with a bigger mass than waiting to get bestieros
Yeah, probably need to age slow, send 600g, and buy wood in transition XD
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

2400w + church + card
Never seemed worth it to me.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Try it when you are going for mills and you are out of resources, maybe you find use for it in your gameplay.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ye basically the card is worth it for the mill upgrade and black riders. Bestieris are an exfra but they can swing a game