ECL Reigning Champs

Team games?

Post by gibson »

the key to team game is having good teammates and knowing their play style
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Team games?

Post by Jaeger »

I dont like them so much because of the extreme focus on raiding. Especially if you play cav then never stop telling you to raid.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Team games?

Post by Mitoe »

The big reason I dislike team games is the size of the maps. They're just too massive. The size limits you to playing that super raid-heavy style, where stopping the raids requires you to spend a greater amount of units than they're raiding with for a greater amount of time (because the maps are significantly bigger and they have more room to run). Or, if you want to avoid the raiding, you just all forward base in front of one person and rush them, and either you come out super far ahead because you have total control of a massive map full of resources, or you get totally destroyed and raided to death because all of your units are on the other side of the map and unable to fight raids.
India _DB_
Howdah

Team games?

Post by _DB_ »

Having veni in team = gg

I play mostly India and China in team games. As India, I always go slow karni. It's the best way to play India in team. Playing slow karni is like playing Japan. You're almost unbeatable like Japan. Anyway having Japan in team will win you 100% of games.

In 2v2, either gurk or sepoy. In 3v3 or 4v4, zambs.

When playing China, nagayumi semi FF will win you countless games if you micro well in team.

I hate playing vs Dutch + sioux (skirm + bow rider) and sioux + otto (bow rider + abus!?!?wth)
Also I hate playing on screwed GP.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Team games?

Post by adderbrain5 »

In playing team games the fight you really want to prepare for is colonial but if you can do a really good FF with some crazy merc shipment real fast to help your team with the assault.... man fuck generally the most important thing in team games is massing a huge army ASAP and fighting with your team effectively. Also share the trade post. Iro gets one German gets one Aztec no way. in my opinion you should first take out their forward base then move on to one of their bases . cards like team villagers Aztec and team four bears (Iroquois) or even team Furrier especially if your in a 4v4 (Iroquois's or Russians) teamed with japanese become really effective.

You might never send 4 team bears in a 1v1 or even a 2v2 but think about how in 4v4 that means 16 beast mode tanking pet bears shipped to FB ... Damn ... Oh but IMO India has the best team cards . team flail elephants age 2 a serious play and team Urumi as soon as they hit up reks any musk mass they decide to rush in with saving the team
I also like sending team medicine with any civ that has it especially if I'm with ports/ Russians to make sure my teams boom is way sicker.

Oh and BTW don't destroy your local postal office when someone on ur team is a complete idiot. It happens. My win/ loss ratio is way better 1v1 than team games but I still love team games. Just take the idiots you often get stuck with in stride or play with a good team. I notice some of the German boys like Snoww were streaming one on painted desert a few weeks ago.

If ur Otto u make Abus. Period.

Try to get a team like that lol . Oh and if ur lieut or below make sure the captain playing Sioux gets on ur team rotfl

Final tip: don't be a noob. I'm under the impression high ranks rarely do teams l. Anyway Veni does because I was in a 'NR55 game with him one time. I think he's a MS lol
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Team games?

Post by pecelot »

don't forget about TEAM 3 envoys in discovery age for an envoy rush and also Russian TEAM cheap priests ')
No Flag titumir
Musketeer

Team games?

Post by titumir »

Team games are the best , if u have mates .
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Team games?

Post by Einfein »

deleted_userbrothers wrote:team games are based on economy cards and boom especially in 3v3''s and its less complicated than 1v1 games because in team games you generally going for 1 or 2 type of units and its less hard than 1v1''s
I would argue the opposite that team games can get very complicated. You''re relying on each team mate using their unit correctly and when the fighting gets intense mistakes happen. There is also a much larger map to fight over which means you can be very spread out and vulnerable in certain situations. Team games can also go for a long time (usually longer then a typical 1v1) and you need a different skill set for the late game. Learning when to make the switch to mills and sometimes even plantations can play a large role in your team''s success/failure. Also, and it''s been mentioned, raiding can play a much larger role. Protecting your eco all game from constant raids can become very stressful when you''re also micro''ing large fights and managing eco.

It often feels like an entirely different game mode to me. And maps that have great walling opportunities may change strategies even further. I was in a game today where I actually went age 5 which surprised me (looooong game). When it''s that late in a game and you''re fighting on multiple fronts controlling several multi unit armies I feel like new things are learned and the game becomes something new. This is why I enjoy team games.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Team games?

Post by gibson »

The most infuriating part of team games is when 30 uhlan appear on the side of your skirm mass and your teams musks or goons are on the other side and you get destroyed and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it besides curse your teammate and rage quite.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Team games?

Post by _venox_ »

Haha.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Team games?

Post by Einfein »

gibson wrote:The most infuriating part of team games is when 30 uhlan appear on the side of your skirm mass and your teams musks or goons are on the other side and you get destroyed and there''s absolutely nothing you can do about it besides curse your teammate and rage quite.
Goons. Never leave home without them.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta